origin1950

FIRST MARVEL FILM CROSSOVER!!!

Should The Hulk be the villain in The Avengers movie?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for whether or not you think Banner should go bad

• Yes
    • No

Favreau was good, no doubt about it - but Norton went deeper and darker.

The pace was all Leterrier's so he deserves credit too, but that pace would not have worked without Norton's depth.

I bought the DVD Monday night and have already watched it 4 times.

Bought IRON MAN 4 weeks ago and I've only put it on once.

Favreau would go REALLY light with The Avengers, Norton/Leterrier would aim for a darker tone.

-TL

Yes but what do we want from the Avengers? A dark film or a lighter film? I'm thinkin of something in between. It's gotta be fun as hell like Iron Man but serious as shit like Incredible Hulk. Maybe a whole different director?

Who else could direct this film? Doesn't have to be one of the guys who already directed or is going to direct future Marvel films.....

You know what? How about Bryan Singer? He made X-Men 1 and X2 light and dark at the same time. Would he be willing to do it though?

Not every comic book film needs to be 'dark and gritty'. The Avengers should just be a fun action movie.

Yeah but there needs to be some serious tone to it though. We all know that the film is gonna be fun as shit by default. It's probably gonna be hilarious too.

He's not under contract, which has me REALLY worried.

I just hope they do whatever they can to get him back.

DVD sales for The Incredible Hulk will also persuade them further.

*Norton should direct The Avengers.

So far, he's written the best of the 2 films.

-TL

He is under contract.

From Gale Anne Hurd

"It's all going to depend on the screenplay and where his character goes in any sequel, because he does have a multiple-picture deal," she said of Norton, who told us recently that he's waiting to hear from Marvel regarding Hulk's future. "[Norton's situation] is the same with every franchise like this, when you have one of the top actors of his generation."

"Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she explained. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

In addition to those two quotes, she talked about the villain for the sequel and it would be The Leader, which would just be plain awesome. Tim Blake Nelson was one of the best parts of the movie, even though it was such a small part.

Yup, just got done reading that. Kick ass news. So I think I'll be used to Don Cheadle playing Rhodey quickly. It's nice to know he's gonna be in at least 2 Marvel films as the same character.

lol ahhh J what a shitty film man :D

If they were to go with a caucasian Nick Fury today, who would you guys go for?

If he were 10-15 years younger, I'd say Eastwood.

-Raffi

There ya go Mikey! Michael Biehn. Excellent choice.

I forgot to mention J, we can't pick Jane! Well I can't tell you what to do but he's still the Punisher whether he looked good on Bradsteet's cover as Fury or wheter we have a reboot or not! That being said, I wouldn't cast an actor in a role of a character who's crossed path's with a character he/she has already played (i.e. Tom Jane as the Punisher, then Tom Jane as Nick Fury).

Or while the '04 Punisher film was in pre-pro, Hugh Jackman was offered the role of Castle after Jane turned it down a couple of times. That wouldn't work though cause Jackman is Wolverine and Wolverine and Castle have crossed paths and teamed up multiple times!

But that's just the way I think of it.

-Raf

I don't know...I think Tom Jane Fury and Ray Stevenson Castle would be a pretty amusing movie combo. All those in the know would have a real blast at the moment those two met on screen.

I agree with Biehn for Fury though.

Michael Biehn.

... Man, I wish I thought of that! :lol:

There ya go Mikey! Michael Biehn. Excellent choice.

I forgot to mention J, we can't pick Jane! Well I can't tell you what to do but he's still the Punisher whether he looked good on Bradsteet's cover as Fury or wheter we have a reboot or not! That being said, I wouldn't cast an actor in a role of a character who's crossed path's with a character he/she has already played (i.e. Tom Jane as the Punisher, then Tom Jane as Nick Fury).

Or while the '04 Punisher film was in pre-pro, Hugh Jackman was offered the role of Castle after Jane turned it down a couple of times. That wouldn't work though cause Jackman is Wolverine and Wolverine and Castle have crossed paths and teamed up multiple times!

But that's just the way I think of it.

-Raf

Raf, think of the possibilites. Jane could pull an Eddie Murphy and we could have a kick ass Punisher/Nick Fury flick :P

Lol that'd be something I'd fly to the premier and see ;)

He's right..... you can't fuck this up. Gotta be done right, and I think it will.

Robert Downey Jr. – possibly the coolest man on the planet right now – spoke briefly to MTV about Marvel’s bold and ambitious plans for their Avengers movie, which will bring together Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Nick Fury and, of course, Iron Man in a mega-adventure due to hit cinemas in 2011. And by doing so, he seems to have dropped one hell of an interesting clue about one of the characters involved.

“The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is [director] Jon [Favreau] was very certain that Iron Man should be set in a very realistic world,” said Downey, before adding, intriguingly, “Nothing that happened in Iron Man is really outside the realm of possibility. Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants it warrants much further discussion.”

Continue reading:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23763

Tim Blake Nelson, who played Dr. Samuel Sterns in The Incredible Hulk, tells Ain't It Cool News that the plan is for his character to become villain The Leader in a possible sequel:

Quint: Great well what about a potential HULK sequel? Gale Anne Hurd's been going around talking about how you might be The Leader and the main villain of the next one.

Tim Blake Nelson: That's the plan. That's what they tell me, but I don't know when that's happening or what the details are but I am eager to do it and I hear that's in the works. I would tell you if I knew more, but I honestly don't.

Quint: Yeah, but you haven't played a comic-book villain yet right?

Tim Blake Nelson: No, but I had a great time doing HULK, so if they want me for HULK 2 I'm there, it certainly was the plan going into HULK 1. When I met with them they said this is where it’s headed so I'm eager to do it.

Marvel Studios has not announced whether it will move forward with a follow-up.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50803

Tim Roth, who played Abomination in The Incredible Hulk, told a group of reporters that he is signed for sequels and open to returning. At the end of their climactic battle in New York City, Hulk very decidedly let Abomination live to be captured.

"Yeah, they've got me for three," Roth said in a group interview on Monday, Jan. 5, in Culver City, Calif., on the set of his new Fox drama Lie to Me. "If we do one," he added.

A script for a sequel is still in the works, but Roth said that if director Louis Leterrier remains with the franchise, he is likely to be happy with whatever role he gives Abomination.

"I liked working with Louis very much, so if he's up to anything, I'll probably jump in with him," Roth said.

Roth's commitment to Lie to Me still leaves him open to make films during the hiatuses, as he already has. "Between the pilot and when we started, I did one, and then in the hiatus I'm going to do one as well," he said. "So I'll be in and out of film. Then they'll let us know at some point in February if we're going to carry on doing this."

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/tim-roth-is-s...ation-lived.php

Check it out folks. Not bad choices in my opinion if these rumors are indeed true

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

Also lets talk a little Dr. Strange:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorscha...s/news/?a=19332