origin1950

FIRST MARVEL FILM CROSSOVER!!!

Should The Hulk be the villain in The Avengers movie?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for whether or not you think Banner should go bad

• Yes
    • No

Favreau would be my pick so far, until one to the other compleatly blow my mind. As it it, Jon seems to understand how comic films and characters should be handled.

Yeah I know all the other directors doing their own Marvel films would be good, but I think Favreau would know how to do it best. I think he can handle The Avengers well.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Favreau do The Avengers. He's not that good of a director in a visual sense, but he more then makes up for that with getting great performances.

I noticed that we had a Marvel Crossover board but it contained "what if" situations or "which 2 characters would be awesome in a film". That being said, I think we needed an official Avengers board. If we have one, sorry I missed it.

Anyways, this is a new scoop from Comics2film.com......

'Incredible Hulk' director Louis Leterrier told MTV Movies Blog that he can envision his movie's hero as a potential villain in 'The Avengers'. In fact, the seeds for this may already be sown in the Hulk's film. Leterrier references SPOILERS in his discussion of the idea with MTV, so if you haven't seen 'Incredible Hulk' yet, you may want to avoid reading further.

“I would love to see [the Hulk become the villain that fights the Avengers] because I think the best villains are always the ones whose agenda you understand,” he told MTV Movies Blog. “They’re not synthetic to us in a way; they’re not these one dimensional bad guys.”

Fans know that in the very first Avengers comic, the heroes Thor, Iron Man, Ant-man and The Wasp rally to stop a Loki-induced Hulk rampage. In the updated version of The Ultimates, Banner's irresponsible use of The Hulk also becomes the first flash-point for the first disaster the team has to contain publicly.

Leterrier points out the last shot of 'Incredible Hulk', which depicts Ed Norton's Banner, with an ambiguous grin on his face as his eyes glow green.

“Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That’s what’s great about Edward. You don’t know if he’s a good guy or bad guy," Leterrier said. “So that last shot of the movie, if you decide that he’s smiling, in control, then he’s a good guy, that’s ‘The Hulk 2'. If Hulk is a failure, then he looks up and smirks and that’s eventually the Hulk of the Avengers — the uncontrollable beast that they need to team up to stop.”

-Raffi

Aright why not share who we think may be suitable for such roles? Aside from the obvious casts that is. I'm just gonna go down the list whether the characters are involved in the film or not. Who knows, the extra characters can end up in future Avenger films.....

Tony Stark/Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr.

Dr. Bruce Banner/Hulk - Ed Norton

General Nick Fury - Samuel L. Jackson

Steve Rodgers/Captain America - Nathan Fillion

Donald Blake/Thor - Kevin Nash

Hank Pym/Giant Man - Ryan Gosling

Janet Pym/Wasp - Alyssa Milano

Natasha Romanov/Black Widow - Mila Jovavich

Vision - Doug Jones

Luke Cage - Tyrese Gibson.... it's pretty much his.

Iron Fist - Ray Park.....like Tyrese, Park pretty much owns the role.

Black Panther - Djimon Honsou

-Raffi

Raf -

I'm going to go ahead and combine this thread with the crossover thread which will eventually be the official Avengers thread.

Hope you don't mind none.

- TB

No problemo.

Louis Leterrier:

"I would love to see The Hulk become the villain that fights The Avengers because I think the best villains are always the ones whose agenda you understand. They’re not synthetic to us in a way; they’re not these one dimensional bad guys."

"Is he enjoying inducing his metamorphosis? Is he malicious? That’s what’s great about Edward. You don’t know if he's a good guy or bad guy, so that last shot of the movie, if you decide that he’s smiling, in control, then he’s a good guy, that’s The Hulk 2. If Hulk is a failure, then he looks up and smirks and that’s eventually The Hulk of The Avengers — the uncontrollable beast that they need to team up to stop."

With Edward Norton's recent comments that mildly indicate he's not feeling Hulk 2, I think he'll be more inclined to play a villain in The Avengers.

I like the concept, really do, but I'm also thirsty for more solo Hulk action.

This is a tough question (POLL)...

-TL

Edward Norton:

"The minds of MARVEL are sometimes opaque, I won't say [they're] obtuse, but I don't have any idea what they want to do. They've got this notion of collecting the MARVEL characters...Who knows where they'll go?"

Personally it sounds to me like Norton wants his sequel to Incredible Hulk.

MARVEL can throw $20 Million at him though and put him in The Avengers, even if he's feeling a little bitter.

After doing some reading on the origin of the team, I've determined The Hulk HAS to be the antagonist, and its gonna take some really powerful dudes to take him down.

*Captain America was not originally part of the team.

Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man and Hulk came together after Loki tried to kill his brother by using The Hulk as bait.

Namor is actually responsible for setting Capi's awakening in motion.

Perhaps Namor can be the second villain in the series in a team-up with Loki.

-TL

Whether or not Norton gets a sequel... I like the idea of Hulk being the villain. It would be tough to choose who the villain should be if the Hulk is actually a part of the Avengers. I wouldn't make Namor the villain in a first film so I think the Hulk is a good way to go. Who else would be the villain otherwise?

-Raff

If not Hulk, I'd rather have more than 1 villain. Thor can take his brother on his own.... so what the hell can all of them do to him you know? How about Loki AND Namor or something of that sort?

I read about Longoria playing Wasp... not sure I like that idea but not sure I even care that much about who plays Janet Pym.

The villain NEEDS to be Hulk, but with Loki lurking behind the scenes.

The heroes (Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man) will REALLY have to work together to catch him.

It all goes back to this...

thor1biq5.jpg

At the end of the movie Hulk joins them.

-TL

Did you see the Ultimate Avengers animated movie? I liked it a lot. Maybe a couple corrections here and there but if they can go that way with the story, it would be good.

I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen the Ultimate Avengers to go see it please.

-Raff

I saw it man, it was pretty cool.

I'm getting really worried about this franchise because Norton might pull out completely and Nash might not get cast.

Here' hoping MARVEL does this right,

-TL

I think Norton would come through if he needs to. These actors should know that if they get involved with the character's film individually, that they are gonna need to get involved with the Avengers.

What makes you think Nash might not get cast?

-Raffi

I think Norton would come through if he needs to. These actors should know that if they get involved with the character's film individually, that they are gonna need to get involved with the Avengers.

Dude, they're gonna have to pay Norton at least $20 Million to get him back at this point.

I heard he got $8 Million for Pride and Glory (October 24).

What makes you think Nash might not get cast?

Kevin Feige said "No" to wrestlers.

I think Nash MORE than qualifies, but he's got that wrestling stigma that's gonna fuck him up 'til he dies.

If they don't go with Nash, this franchise might blow.

In other news, MARVEL has decided to film the rest of The Avengers films in LA...

THE AVENGERS IN LOS ANGELES?

I think IRON MAN II should be shot in LA like the first one, but THOR???

Captain America???

The Avengers???

I don't like this decision by MARVEL at all.

Fuckin X-Men Origins: Magneto is filming in Argentina and Uruguay.

These cheap asses are gonna shoot it all in the same fuckin place.

And people badmouth FOX.

THOR should be shot in Northern Europe like The Empire Strikes Back.

Captain America should be shot in Italy like Saving Private Ryan.

The Avengers should be shot in Canada where they'll most probably encounter The Hulk.

Cheap move MARVEL.

-TL

That's a sweet simple poster though. Who else could be Ant Man?

Honestly man, I think the ANT-MAN character is pretty useless.

GIANT-MAN would be great to see for the visual aspects, but ANT-MAN just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Glad you like the poster,

mightyzr4.jpg

-TL

Everything in the Marvel Film Universe is leading to the eventual superhero tag team-up, “The Avengers,” with Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, and Captain America all fighting side-by-side. What possible villain could compete with that?

“The Incredible Hulk” director Louis Leterrier told MTV News this past June that he didn’t think any villain could, and suggested that they use a hero instead: his.

“Iron Man” writers Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, who themselves may be writing another Marvel movie in the near future, couldn’t agree more, they told MTV News, insisting that everything is building towards making The Hulk the villain in the eagerly anticipated 2011 movie.

Story continues:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/09/iron-...engers-villain/

Some of those demands are kinda of unneeded. Quicksilver doesn't need to make an appearance. That being said, neither does Magneto. It would be cool for Jarvis to be human, but I think the way he was computerized was frikkin sweet in Iron Man so I would again settle for the computerized Jarvis. We could leave it at that. It would be cool to see Ant Man become Giant Man throughout the film.

-Raffi

Here's a little something I cooked up while listening to Tyler Bates' 300 score...

2011wgd0.jpg

*Notice who is absent from this poster, I did it on purpose even though its my greatest fear for this franchise.

-TL

Don't worry bub, he's gonna be the villian..... at least I feel like he's gonna be. And I am DOWN WITH THAT BABY!

He's not under contract, which has me REALLY worried.

I just hope they do whatever they can to get him back.

DVD sales for The Incredible Hulk will also persuade them further.

*Norton should direct The Avengers.

So far, he's written the best of the 2 films.

-TL

I'm down with Norton directing it. If he directs it, he'll definitely be willing to star in it.

I would really like to see Favreau direct it though. I think he would kick ass doing it and nobody would complain.