Geoff

The Punisher (10 year Anniversary)

So its been 10 years now since this blasted its way onto the screen and into our hearts........

As it ties in with my daughters birthday (My Mrs waters broke during the showing we were in) and obviously now feeling old I wonder if anyone had any memories from it on thoughts on it?

Also I tracked down Jonathan Hensliegh and have asked if there are any plans for an Anniversary Edition but not heard back yet.

I remember seeing it in the theater and laughing at how often Thomas Jane was shirtless. Then feeling undecided at the end because it was a bit melodramatic and self-serious. Tried to be realistic and gritty but came off unbelievable (survives shot in chest, explosions, shotgun blast at close range, no prob!) and little cheesy w the one liners. Fight w Russian was fantastic though and Jane was great as Mr. P.

Great story and memory about your wife!

I'll ask if we can do a 10th anniversary screening at Long Beach Comic Con.

Mike

Blah, just realized it will be 2015 by then... technically that would be an 11th anniversary.

Mike

Can it be that, the punischer has some deleted scenes, that were not released?

There is an extended cut of the film which includes a more detailed back story between Frank and Weeks and many extra extended current scenes which adds about an extra 15 mins to the overall film and I understand that there is an animated prologue to the film but have never seen this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.