Sign in to follow this  
joyce ford

R.I.P. Robin Williams.

So sad to hear about his death. He was a one of a kind of actors. Loved him in Good Morning Vietnam and Mrs. Doubtfire and the Dead poet society. :(

So sad to hear about his death. He was a one of a kind of actors. Loved him in Good Morning Vietnam and Mrs. Doubtfire and the Dead poet society. :(

Miss quoted meant to say Goodwill hunting not dead poet society. But still so sad. :(

he could do it all...

He was a great talent. I loved his stand up, and his interviews. I always loved the Charlie Rose episode he and Mark Romanek did. Too funny. But then he could do very dramatic stuff as well. In the past he has talked about his depression, but you never really think much of it coming from a guy like him. Money, talent, a family... just goes to show that no matter what, we are all human at the core. So sad.

Guest AdminGuyX

I was always a fan of Mork and Mindy, and just followed him after that. It was easy, he just seemed to be everywhere. I think it was Letterman the first time I realized he was some kind of honest a goodness crazy.

He hasn't made a movie I wanted to see in a very long time, but I still counted myself among his fans. His last TV show was hit or miss with me. He was the only reason to watch it.

I was old enough to catch the tail end of the comedy album craze and he released a few I was much too young to be listening to. But I did anyway. His HBO specials, I enjoyed them a whole lot.

Suicide though, that gives me pause.

My father told me about Robin Williams’ passing, and I refused to belive it. I thought it was a hoax spread around the Internet. And then when I found out it wasn’t a sick joke, I was shocked…..And then I cried….I couldn’t help it. Not too many star deaths have effected me so much that they brought me to tears, but Robin Williams’ passing did. And I’m still crying on the inside.

Even though, I never met him or knew the guy personally, he was a part of my life. I grew up watching his movies over & over & over, again til the VHS tapes couldn’t handle another viewing. You name it….I saw it. Aladdin….Aladdin and the King of Thieves….Mrs. Doubtfire….Hook…..Flubber…..and my ultimate favorite movie of his & one of my top faves of alltime…..Jumanji (I was obsessed with that movie….OBSESSED). And what about these films did I enjoy the most? Him…Robin Williams….The man who brought the funny. I still quote lines from his movies, nearly every day.

He was hilarious…..He was the funniest person in a room of comedians……..Just watching him on award shows or in interviews, you would get the sense that he was always on….always performing….always enjoying the laughter.

Robin Williams is one of a handful of actors who could pull off being off-the-wall funny and dramatic…..Jack and Patch Adams are just two movies of his that made me laugh and cry. Oh, man…..Jack….That movie is incredible. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do. Although, now, the already sad movie will only make you cry even more.

I knew about his problems with alcoholism, but I wasn’t aware of his recent depression or early stages of Parkinson’s Disease. I thought he was as happy as he was making the people around him feel. He was someone that I thought would just keep going….Just keep making movies…..Just keep telling jokes….Just keep making us a laugh…..

Entertainment Tonight has been playing tributes for Robin Williams. They show clips of previous interviews. And even though these strings of clips are being shown because of a tragedy, I’m still laughing. His odd sense of humor still makes me laugh. And when I rewatched Night at the Museum the other night in honor of him (I’m in the process of rewatching his movies), I just enjoyed his performance as much as I always have. And I think that’s what I’ll continue to do -- watch and appreciate the work of a man with many talents and remember him as the kind and dedicated giver of joy & laughter that he was.

R.I.P Robin Williams

The world wasn’t ready to say goodbye.

Oh boy. This was a tough one.

Robin Williams's Mork from Ork is the entire foundation for my sense of humor.

Growing up with his work, I was never surprised by the intelligence, emotional resonance, and energy of his performances, both dramatic and comedic.

Just because you are smart, and funny, and fast, does not mean that you cannot be sad or be sensitive. It seems more the sad clowns (il pagliacco) that make us laugh.

He was also never cruel to others with his humor, a mistake that is often made when ordinary blokes think that they are being sooo funny and are typically sooo not, at the expense of other people.

To the kindest comic genius and most generous performer, RIP Mr. Robin Williams. You will be sorely missed.