Can't wait for this new season, looks very promising! It seems Amazon is doing a really great job, and I didn't expect the serie to be renewed so soon, that's amazing 🎉 Coming back from vacation and having all these wonderful news... It's like Christmas coming early this year 😊

BTW, has anyone here read the books? I've just finished book 7 and had to buy book 8 because of its cliffhanger ending...

4 hours ago, Al. said:

all these wonderful news... It's like Christmas coming early this year 😊

I agree, these past days have been pretty amazing! 

4 hours ago, Al. said:

BTW, has anyone here read the books? I've just finished book 7 and had to buy book 8 because of its cliffhanger ending...

Sorry no 😞

I read only the first book, I absolutely had to check for myself what was changed between the book version and the series. Usually I prefer to read first. 

My pile of books to read is currently too high. For security reasons I shouldn't buy anymore but just spend several days reading on an isolated island...

Ride ‘em cowboy!!!  😆

Its got Dr Stranglove written all over it. 

Thank you!!  Couldn’t think of the name of that film for the life of me!! 🤪

fan made poster

65764596_723643321424902_381003843408329436_n.jpg

Like it!  ‘Bout time we had some Miller action for S4!!! 😄

Was that fan you by any chance Geoff?

God no Im not that good. I dont have the equipment to do the artwork like that. 

On 7/29/2019 at 12:27 PM, Al. said:

Can't wait for this new season, looks very promising! It seems Amazon is doing a really great job, and I didn't expect the serie to be renewed so soon, that's amazing 🎉 Coming back from vacation and having all these wonderful news... It's like Christmas coming early this year 😊

I'm about halfway through Babylon's Ashes.

Oh, and hello, I'm new here. 😋

5 hours ago, The Goktor said:

I'm about halfway through Babylon's Ashes.

Hello to you The Goktor! Welcome aboard! How nice that you found us!

Could you or Al please explain us what books 7 and 8 correspond to in terms of the series? Would that be season 4 still or season 5?

Any possibility to confirm that the investigator will have an important role without revealing any spoilers? 

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Could you or Al please explain us what books 7 and 8 correspond to in terms of the series? Would that be season 4 still or season 5?

Any possibility to confirm that the investigator will have an important role without revealing any spoilers? 

Great question! - I've only read the first one so would also like to know how they relate and where in the books we are in the series.

7 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Welcome! jump on in the water is warm. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Great question! - I've only read the first one so would also like to know how they relate and where in the books we are in the series.

Welcome! jump on in the water is warm. 

Why, thank you, good sir - my favourite kind of water to jump into! 😋

Re. the books; Series four should start at the beginning of book four, Cibola Burn. Series 1 & 2 were mostly book one, with series three playing catch up. If I recall correctly, that is - it's been a while since I read the first couple of books. 

I really hope the novellas get made into mini-series... maybe even web series. My favourites are The Churn and The Vital Abyss. 

7 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi Enaira!

I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts - I like your sense of humour! Thank you for the lovely welcome 🙏

Series four should correspond with book four, Cibola Burn - so let's hope Amazon Prime sticks around to make 7, 8, & 9. (They'd be fools not to!) As for The Investigator... much as I'd like to say something, I shan't... because spoilers, sweetie! However, here's a picture of my Miller tee shirt to give you a clue. (Go and read the gorram books, woman!)

EDIT: that's soooo blurry! Trust me, it looks better from a distance!

miller-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Hi Enaira!

I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts - I like your sense of humour! Thank you for the lovely welcome 🙏

Wow that's unexpected! ☺️

I already like you, you know how to make an entrance... What sense of humor by the way?  😉

10 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

However, here's a picture of my Miller tee shirt to give you a clue. (Go and read the gorram books, woman!)

EDIT: that's soooo blurry! Trust me, it looks better from a distance!

miller-1.jpg

Again unexpected! How cool, I want one!

Looks fantastic. How did you do that? Can't we add this picture to the Custom RAW merch? Too many questions...

I already vision a RAWwarrior group wearing this at ComicCon for promo of Series 5.

13 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Hello there Goktor!  Happy to have you aboard the good ship RAW!  

I’ve not read any of the books but am a HUGE fan of the TV series (and pretty much anything else involving the charming Mr Jane!), really hope Amazon holds on to this ‘cos I think they’ve backed a winner!  Feel free to give us spoilers as I’m sure we’ll still be glued to it!! 😄

7 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hello there Goktor!  Happy to have you aboard the good ship RAW!  

I’ve not read any of the books but am a HUGE fan of the TV series (and pretty much anything else involving the charming Mr Jane!), really hope Amazon holds on to this ‘cos I think they’ve backed a winner!  Feel free to give us spoilers as I’m sure we’ll still be glued to it!! 😄

Hi Gail - lovely to meet you!

I must admit that I'd be hard pushed to choose between the books and the TV series; they're both utterly superb. Fortunately, I don't have to. Yay!

Thinking about it though, the books do have the edge (for me) because there's so much more content (where the series follow the books, they do so very closely), plus of course, you get all the characters' internal dialogue. Also, Avasarala is so much more sweary in the books... she is 100% my spirit animal! And Shoreh is so perfectly cast!

I won't give any spoilers for series four but I will say that I am fervently hoping that ProtoMiller is as brilliant as he is in Cibola Burn. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with book five because it's truly epic!

19 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Wow that's unexpected! ☺️

I already like you, you know how to make an entrance... What sense of humor by the way?  😉

Again unexpected! How cool, I want one!

Looks fantastic. How did you do that? Can't we add this picture to the Custom RAW merch? Too many questions...

I already vision a RAWwarrior group wearing this at ComicCon for promo of Series 5.

Re the sense of humour... I rest my case. 😉

I can't claim any credit for that design - I bought the tee shirt from Tee Public (they have lots of Expanse tees, and they are much better than the official Amazon Prime ones, IMO).

Ha ha ha, yes, that would be fun, wouldn't it? All turn up to a con wearing Miller on our collective chest!

4 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Ha ha ha, yes, that would be fun, wouldn't it? All turn up to a con wearing Miller on our collective chest!

Yeah, right! And the real Miller right in the middle... a nice day dream but who knows! 

Just now, Enaira said:

Yeah, right! And the real Miller right in the middle... a nice day dream but who knows! 

I can picture that far too easily!

Oh my God - dreams like that could never come true...............or could they? 🤞🤞

1 minute ago, Gail Bentley said:

Oh my God - dreams like that could never come true...............or could they? 🤞🤞

🤣🤣🤣

I might be ever so slightly terrified, were I TJ! Ha ha ha!

I think/hope he’d be quietly pleased he’s made such an impact - the worst that could happen is that we’d lovebomb him to death! 😉

6 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

I think/hope he’d be quietly pleased he’s made such an impact - the worst that could happen is that we’d lovebomb him to death! 😉

Oh, I'm only projecting my own feelings of not enjoying having my personal space invaded! All that adulation and lurve... just makes me think of this...

Lovebomb is a great word though... and entirely applicable! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣