3 hours ago, Geoff said:

https://fansided.com/2019/03/19/the-expanse-science-fiction-hairstyles-high-tight-top-knot/ Well I get why Toms "do" get's a mention in this but leave the hat alone would ya! 

Hell yes leave the hat alone!!  From what I’ve read, the style was Tom’s choice so who are they to criticise?  He wears it well and anyway, if you ask me he could have worn a sombrero and he’d still have been the coolest  damned guy on set ?

And besides, why should we care about an article that calls the Blue Goo ‘protomocule’ - detail and proofreading guys!!

Yes!  A great review there, you’re right that it doesn’t really break any new ground but it does accurately describe the slow burn feel of the show.  I wish I was eloquent enough to have written this as it’s just how I felt when I first saw it.  (Of course, TJ had me at hello, as it were!) but the way all the characters and storylines have come together and interwoven is nothing short of spectacular.  Long may it continue!!

An exclusive from Tom himself.................... On set with Breck Eisner

expanse breck eisner.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of Detective Miller's (Thomas Jane as you know) character in the Expanse. I was stricken by his final scene with Julie Mao on Eros : it's clearly one of the most beautiful scene I ever saw. I especially like his clothes - very classy. 

I might have the silliest and most improbable question for you : I wonder what is the brand of Miller's shirt in season 1, episode 5&6. I uploaded a picture so that you can see which shirt I am talking about.

I cannot find that information anywhere, but it seems some people are asking about it (there is even a reddit post!). I hope it will be different here.

Anyways, thank you in advance for your answers.

S1E5 Miller's shirt.jpg

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of Detective Miller's (Thomas Jane as you know) character in the Expanse. I was stricken by his final scene with Julie Mao on Eros : it's clearly one of the most beautiful scene I ever saw. I especially like his clothes - very classy. 

I might have the silliest and most improbable question for you : I wonder what is the brand of Miller's shirt in season 1, episode 5&6. I uploaded a picture so that you can see which shirt I am talking about.

I cannot find that information anywhere, but it seems some people are asking about it (there is even a reddit post!). I hope it will be different here.

Anyways, thank you in advance for your answers.

S1E5 Miller's shirt.jpg

Hi, and welcome aboard.

Not sure completely but Joanne Hanson is the lady in charge of costume and design. Her website is https://www.joannehansencostumes.com/bio so I would try there maybe. 

Hello Wraith, welcome aboard! You are not alone... I needed several weeks to mourn Miller. Also I am brain struck with Tom's talent. I love his voice in this final scene.

See you around,

Ariane

To be completely fair it wouldn't surprise me if Tom now owns a large percentage of Millers wardrobe! 

The vac suit !

🤩

19 minutes ago, Enaira said:

The vac suit !

🤩

HA! I mean I say Ha but seriously who knows. Maybe its a good question for the Q & A next month. 

Thanks for the advice @Geoff and for the warm welcome (same for @Enaira) !

I did send her an email a couple of days ago but I doubt she'll have the time to answer such a small and low stakes question.

C'est la vie.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

Thanks for the advice @Geoff and for the warm welcome (same for @Enaira) !

I did send her an email a couple of days ago but I doubt she'll have the time to answer such a small and low stakes question.

C'est la vie.

You never know. Maybe see if she has any social media.

In this case you'll really have to ask Tom. That's the worst that could happen to you! 

Another question for the Q and A next month.

So, just watching The Expanse through (for the third time since it landed on Amazon!) and tonight's instalment was 'Home'.  Well, the first time I watched it all I was so amazed by the sheer spectacle and effects of the whole thing it was all a bit surreal, then second time round I was pretty much joining the dots and putting bits of the story into place that I'd missed the first time.  Anyway, watching it tonight in the wake of Friday's Q & A felt totally different.  I'm not ashamed to admit that Tom's final scene almost brought a tear to my eye.  Is it totally crazy or just a little bit weird that I almost felt like I was watching a friend on screen - does this mean I need to start weaning myself off Tom's work or do I just go with it?  I'm not some obsessed nut job that will end up with a restraining order or anything like that, but this is starting to worry me just a tad!!

Hey Gail,

Don't worry you are as normal as can be. When I discovered the Expanse, I got hooked to Miller immediately. He was like cocaine to me (to paraphrase Hung here). I have watched season 1 only a few months ago, knowing that 3 seasons were already available. You can imagine my shock as one of the main characters melts Eros with Venus (what a symbol and hell of an epitaph). I underwent the phases of mourning, denial, despair, anger, and now I've reached acceptance and cherish the memories. Within thirty minutes of googling I had found hundreds of people sharing the same experience. Not a single one would say they don't like Miller. And then I landed here!

Feeling and creating emotions is all the point with art, right? The stronger they are, the longer this piece of art will accompany you and influence your life. It doesn't happen that often for me. I have plenty of "wow ok nice" but a very few that make me entirely vibrate.

So my conclusion would be: embrace your weirdness. As long as you don't hurt anyone you're fine 😉

I have not watched the complete series a second time but what I enjoy is this great "Miller fan video".

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTrO5JBByuD4&ved=0ahUKEwjRrZTd_rDiAhXqtYsKHWrrB7wQo7QBCCgwAQ&usg=AOvVaw090sfyD9p6ERDl5mvl56rM

8 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

So, just watching The Expanse through (for the third time since it landed on Amazon!) 

An episode that I will definitely want to watch a second time is the escape from Eros. It was a huge moment of action but also psychology. I remember being struck by the moment when Miller stands in the elevator and signifies to the guy that he can escape with them. To then shoot him frontal so brutally without any hesitation. I'm sure a few days before, Miller would never have done that of course. He would have swallowed his resentment or found a back way to hurt the guy indirectly. Now that his world is falling into pieces, he takes his life in his own hands and there are no boundaries anymore. Just a few moments before he also shoots the guy that brings them to the radiation chamber. But in this case he wanted to gain information. I believe it has lowered his threshold and leads to the elevator scene. 

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hey Gail,

Don't worry you are as normal as can be. When I discovered the Expanse, I got hooked to Miller immediately. He was like cocaine to me (to paraphrase Hung here). I have watched season 1 only a few months ago, knowing that 3 seasons were already available. You can imagine my shock as one of the main characters melts Eros with Venus (what a symbol and hell of an epitaph). I underwent the phases of mourning, denial, despair, anger, and now I've reached acceptance and cherish the memories. Within thirty minutes of googling I had found hundreds of people sharing the same experience. Not a single one would say they don't like Miller. And then I landed here!

Feeling and creating emotions is all the point with art, right? The stronger they are, the longer this piece of art will accompany you and influence your life. It doesn't happen that often for me. I have plenty of "wow ok nice" but a very few that make me entirely vibrate.

So my conclusion would be: embrace your weirdness. As long as you don't hurt anyone you're fine 😉

I have not watched the complete series a second time but what I enjoy is this great "Miller fan video".

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTrO5JBByuD4&ved=0ahUKEwjRrZTd_rDiAhXqtYsKHWrrB7wQo7QBCCgwAQ&usg=AOvVaw090sfyD9p6ERDl5mvl56rM

Thanks Ariane - I will happily continue with my devotion then!  It’s very rare that a performance affects me so much but something about it has an almost visceral effect on me.  I’ve been a fan of Tom’s for a long time but since I’ve found the forum and especially since the Q & A, I feel like I understand him better as a person which adds another layer to my appreciation of his portrayal.  And when he joins in on conversations here, we know we’re getting the ‘real Thomas’, not just an actor plugging his latest film.

Of course the downside now is that I have to get through the rest of S2 and half of S3 before he makes another appearance!!  Sooooo worth the wait though!

7 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

It’s very rare that a performance affects me so much but something about it has an almost visceral effect on me.

In case you haven't seen "Captain Philipps" yet: must see movie. I don't want to spoil anything. It had an influence on me for days (even years since I still think about it! )

16 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hey Gail,

Hey Ariane!  Thanks for adding this link, just had a look at it and it really does give Miller's whole story in four minutes.  It shows his initial just-doing-his-job attitude to life, and then you get caught up in his enthusiasm and tenacity in tracking down Julie.  His reaction when he realises how far up the ladder the cover up goes, and having his life turned upside down is exquisitely portrayed from there on.   This is a character with nothing left to lose, so it's understandable that he does whatever he feels is necessary, however unconscionable it would have been before.  The whole cast is fantastic and work together brilliantly, Tom just brings a certain something that gives me so much joy to watch.

According to some (possible sketchy) news we wont be seeing Miller til Ep4 in the new season (and there are only 10 episodes) 

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

According to some (possible sketchy) news we wont be seeing Miller til Ep4 in the new season (and there are only 10 episodes) 

As long as he’s there eventually, sure it’ll be worth the wait!!

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

In that case I'll watch the first 3 episodes in fast forward mode 😛 thanks for the hint!