On 12/17/2019 at 12:03 PM, Nicole said:

I did indeed! Now I'm tempted to buy another cup, and make an updated one!

I need to find one of those cups to put the decals I have on to.  I've an OPA one on the side of my PC at the moment and a couple of others I've not yet decided where to put. 

As for the new season I've been trying to take my time watching it, got about 2 episodes left now.  I've read all the books up to number 7 so been interesting to see what parts they've used and what changes have been made. 

4 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I need to find one of those cups to put the decals I have on to.  I've an OPA one on the side of my PC at the moment and a couple of others I've not yet decided where to put. 

The brand of the cups is Emsa. I actually found the cups, but not the decals! Where do you buy them?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, CJ Mitchell said:

Ariane is right, made by Emsa, available on Amazon. Other places too but Amazon was the cheapest I found them. I have quite a few decals; two on my laptop (OPA and Remember the Cant), and all my external HDDs have them too. MCRN for work stuff, and OPA for leisure and entertainment!

On 12/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, CJ Mitchell said:

As for the new season I've been trying to take my time watching it, got about 2 episodes left now.  I've read all the books up to number 7 so been interesting to see what parts they've used and what changes have been made. 

Good to meet another book reader! I've read all of them, plus the novellas / short stories (apart from 'Cassandra'), and find it so cool how well the TV series adapts - and in some cases - changes the source material. Drummer and Ashford are two cases in point. 

On 12/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, Enaira said:

The brand of the cups is Emsa. I actually found the cups, but not the decals! Where do you buy them?

I got mine from XFactor Vinyl on Etsy. Bryan doesn't have them listed any more but given that he's making me some custom Expanse decals right now, I'm guessing he'd run you off some MCRN ones if you wanted. Just shoot him a message! (He has a load of Punisher stuff, too... which may or may not be officially licensed.)

Mind you, @Geoff can you make high quality vinyl decals at your place? If you can, and would be willing to make some, we could give you our custom instead!

13 hours ago, Enaira said:

Geoff, we'll wait for you without any doubt. The Expanse is a show everyone here is savouring, rewatching, analysing... and one should be able to watch it without any stressful time constraints. You're doing so much to support TJ's projects that we owe that to you. The end of year can be so stressful!

Besides, Al. seems to need more time also.

The Q&A might derail though. I wish there won't be big spoilers for you.

We've watched 6 episodes so far, but we're now taking a break for some days, keeping what's left for after Christmas probably ^^

Should I be the last one left though, feel free to speak about the season. As I've read the book, I think I already know the major spoilers about Miller 😊 (Maybe @Nicole can confirm?)

15 minutes ago, Al. said:

We've watched 6 episodes so far, but we're now taking a break for some days, keeping what's left for after Christmas probably ^^

Should I be the last one left though, feel free to speak about the season. As I've read the book, I think I already know the major spoilers about Miller 😊 (Maybe @Nicole can confirm?)

Maybe not quite in the way you have imagined! 😋

7 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Yeah it wasn't how I imagined it either although those entire few scenes were different. But it was still good and emotional. 

14 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Yeah it wasn't how I imagined it either although those entire few scenes were different. But it was still good and emotional. 

Oh, it was soooo good, wasn't it? Just much.... smaller! 🤣

21 hours ago, Nicole said:

20 hours ago, Nicole said:

Oh, it was soooo good, wasn't it? Just much.... smaller! 🤣

Hum... OK, I'm intrigued now 🤔😂

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Al. said:

Hum... OK, I'm intrigued now 🤔😂

Its always about size 🤣  

We were talking about Miller-bot. 

9 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Its always about size 🤣  

We were talking about Miller-bot. 

Well, that's what I thought, but still have no idea what that mean to be honest xD
But I guess it will make sense when I'll finish season 4 ^^

16 minutes ago, Al. said:

Well, that's what I thought, but still have no idea what that mean to be honest xD
But I guess it will make sense when I'll finish season 4 ^^

yeah didn't want to say too much because of giving out spoilers. But it was around having read the book and imagining something different than what happened on screen. 

6 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

yeah didn't want to say too much because of giving out spoilers. But it was around having read the book and imagining something different than what happened on screen. 

I'm looking forward to see that, then 😊

Since the beginning of the show, they've made several changes that are -for me- interesting and clever until now. So I'm quiet confident in this one as well.

21 minutes ago, Al. said:

I'm looking forward to see that, then 😊

Since the beginning of the show, they've made several changes that are -for me- interesting and clever until now. So I'm quiet confident in this one as well.

Yeah there's a fair few people on a FB group I'm part of that say about the changes. Some don't like them but I understand how series need to stand on their own and sometimes its necessary to make changes because some things don't adapt well to screen etc.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you have seen it 😀

14 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

sometimes its necessary to make changes because some things don't adapt well to screen etc.  

It's often a question of cost, too. I don't even want to think how much it would have added to the budget for the locations (and CGI characters therein) to have had the same scope as the book.** Especially during the dénouement. I admit I was a tad disappointed with that whole scene in the central chamber, and found it pretty anticlimactic. Had I not read Cibola Burn, though, I probably wouldn't feel that way!

Also, you have to consider pacing; books have narrators to keep the momentum going, on TV, traversing vast swathes of corridors could get boring quite quickly! Although I suppose, you could have a panning shot to give an idea of vastness. But then that adds to the budget. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Conversely, for practical reasons, the interiors of TV Roci are much, much larger than the Roci of the books!

----------------

**(Same as in S3 when Holden goes inside the ProtoStation. On TV it was tiny!)

11 hours ago, Nicole said:

Also, you have to consider pacing; books have narrators to keep the momentum going, on TV, traversing vast swathes of corridors could get boring quite quickly! Although I suppose, you could have a panning shot to give an idea of vastness. But then that adds to the budget. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

yeah this is why I don't go too much in for the book vs series/film arguments that happen. There may be the odd few things I think aww they could have done this or that but I get it if they don't and when the writers are involved in the whole process then I trust them to make the decisions its their baby after all. 

Hi!

Has any of you seen the Amazon Insta Ad and could post here which songs are on Miller's playlist?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Hi!

Has any of you seen the Amazon Insta Ad and could post here which songs are on Miller's playlist?

Thanks! 

??????????? 

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi!

Thanks! 

Are you talking about this playlist? 😊

miller_playlist_1.thumb.jpg.3f9acf2a9256ab799932d82b4f7a68ed.jpg

miller_playlist_2.thumb.jpg.a306ca7cb69c89ef77a579a1dae24815.jpg

Thanks Al. It does look like what I was expecting 👍🏻😁 sorry I don't have Spotify, but it's good to see those songs titles near to Miller's pic.

And considering Tame Impala is in the list increases the chances that Tom (/H) really is at the origin of the choices. Thanks again! 

Pleasure 😊

Well, it seems these playlists are "curated" by the actual actresses and actors of the characters, with a spacial message from Cara "Drummer" Gee, so who knows? 🤔

But it's nice to discover theses songs and what a good idea!

Sorry girls - that was an old person wandering dangerously close to a topic she shouldn't have been anywhere near!!  Spotify indeed, not even close to my radar I'm afraid.........

Interesting music choices, and yes, the Tame Impala track did hint at TJ's direct involvement 😎  He's soooooo not 'middle of the road' is he? 😁

18 hours ago, Gail said:

Sorry girls - that was an old person wandering dangerously close to a topic she shouldn't have been anywhere near!!  Spotify indeed, not even close to my radar I'm afraid.........

Interesting music choices, and yes, the Tame Impala track did hint at TJ's direct involvement 😎  He's soooooo not 'middle of the road' is he? 😁

I'm glad to see Johnny Cash on that list! I could almost be persuaded by Amy Winehouse* but the rest, can't say I'm keen!

*(Fun fact; her ex, Pete Doherty lives around the corner to me. He's always off his face!)

Here are some bloopers from S4. Can't remember having seen any for the previous seasons. Enjoy!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01/12/the-expanse-season-4-in-space-everyone-can-hear-you-scream-with-laughter-blooper-reel/

This is great, thanks Ariane!

"Florida.........we're going to Florida" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Love it!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.