Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, Gail said:

Thank you ladies as always (especially for all the extra info on chronology) - I will dive on in and report back!! 👍👍

Have you started yet?

I've finished them all now, and have gone back to LW audio book, and it's bugging the heck out of me that JM keeps mispronouncing names, and hasn't got into his stride with the different character voices! He gets far, far better in later books, though. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Have you started yet?

I've finished them all now, and have gone back to LW audio book, and it's bugging the heck out of me that JM keeps mispronouncing names, and hasn't got into his stride with the different character voices! He gets far, far better in later books, though. 😀

Not started yet but halfway through fifth binge watch of the series though 😉. Just coming up to ‘Home’, not looking forward to that one for obvious reasons......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gail said:

Not started yet but halfway through fifth binge watch of the series though 😉. Just coming up to ‘Home’, not looking forward to that one for obvious reasons......

Home gets me every time. Not just the subject matter but the beautiful cinematography and the music. I have all three series' soundtracks on Spotfiy, and that piece of music is my most played track, I think! Always gives me goosebumps! 

I'm on my seventh re-watch, and watched The Butcher of Anderson Station in the bath this morning! 😋 (I balance my laptop on the basin, turn off the main lights, and fairy lights on, plug in my earbuds... total immersion! Literally, ha ha!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, Geoff said:

Thomas will be in Toronto by the end of the week. 

For those of you interested in the making process: I discovered a few days ago the webpage and Insta account of Jeremy Benning, cinematographer of The Expanse since Season 1 (he also happened to work on The Boys 👍🏻). You can (I did) easily "lose"/invest 2 hours watching his stuff and reading his posts. This is pure magic. His posts literally exhale enthusiasm and passion for his work. He will be working again with Tom in a few days, this time behind the camera... can't wait to have them both in action.

Insta @jeremy_benning

Webpage http://jeremybenning.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enaira said:

For those of you interested in the making process: I discovered a few days ago the webpage and Insta account of Jeremy Benning, cinematographer of The Expanse since Season 1 (he also happened to work on The Boys 👍🏻). You can (I did) easily "lose"/invest 2 hours watching his stuff and reading his posts. This is pure magic. His posts literally exhale enthusiasm and passion for his work. He will be working again with Tom in a few days, this time behind the camera... can't wait to have them both in action.

Insta @jeremy_benning

Webpage http://jeremybenning.com/

I follow him on Insta, he's indeed very interesting and talented! 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you find Tom in here? 👀

(From The Expanse Production Team Twitter)

EITzIosW4AYC84R.thumb.jpg.31e6cbe1ff3c787dc8ee4ba2ab28944a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Al. said:

Can you find Tom in here? 👀

(From The Expanse Production Team Twitter)

EITzIosW4AYC84R.thumb.jpg.31e6cbe1ff3c787dc8ee4ba2ab28944a.jpg

Yep - got him!  How can I prove it though as I don’t want to spoil it for everyone else?? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found him too! Super team!

Just noticed it's from January 2019, so end of S4 production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW: in Instagram it's @theexpansepo (for production office). I hope they'll post a lot.. 🤞🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al. said:

Can you find Tom in here? 👀

(From The Expanse Production Team Twitter)

Thank you Al!

I don't "do Twitter", so I am thankful that you guys collect the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gail said:

Yep - got him!  How can I prove it though as I don’t want to spoil it for everyone else?? 🤔

We trust you 😉

3 hours ago, Enaira said:

Found him too! Super team!

Just noticed it's from January 2019, so end of S4 production.

Yep, but I believe the picture was released only some days ago!

Thank you for the Instagram, I hope so as well 😊 I guess they have some limits on what they can show or not on social medias. But at the same time, it's part of communication and marketing nowadays.

I only use Twitter from time to time, too much informations for me to follow there. But that can be useful sometimes, and it's more reactive than Instagram or Fb ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a random observation - is it just me or can anyone else see a look of Sir Ben Kingsley in Cas Anvar?  It took me a while to think of who it was that he reminded me of, now I just think that they've got the perfect actor if anyone ever wanted to do a film of Kingsley's life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that you say it, ok. But it didn't occur to me. I have this association of Kingsley and Gandhi, where he's bold and without beard so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 TBH I don't think I've ever seen Kingsley with hair but there's definitely something very similar in the eyes......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 6:01 PM, Gail said:

Yep - got him!  How can I prove it though as I don’t want to spoil it for everyone else?? 🤔

Its like the worlds worst and best "Wheres Waldo" (or Wally depending on your location) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gail said:

Just a random observation - is it just me or can anyone else see a look of Sir Ben Kingsley in Cas Anvar?  It took me a while to think of who it was that he reminded me of, now I just think that they've got the perfect actor if anyone ever wanted to do a film of Kingsley's life!

Definitely a similarity...

ben-kingsley-moses-1995-BPF482.jpg

c463145191242c456c8592960e42705e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gail said:

 TBH I don't think I've ever seen Kingsley with hair but there's definitely something very similar in the eyes......

Have you never seen Schindler's List or Iron Man 3 (for example)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have, but I was thinking of him in person rather than in character.

Not that I’ve ever seen him in person ....... oh you know what I mean 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Its like the worlds worst and best "Wheres Waldo" (or Wally depending on your location) 

I thought about that too!
(In french, it's "Where is Charlie" 😊 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here some more BTS information from Breck Eisner, condensed in an article. Love the set on dolly !

The crane+steadicam+helicopter news was shared by J. Benning as well as few days ago...

https://www.newsweek.com/expanse-season-5-filming-behind-scenes-ilus-release-date-1469670

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not long now 😋 will be fun looking out for these scenes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just found this picture on the Twitter of one of the directors of the show -I think-.

They all look nice in pink 😊 (Also, a lot of set building it seems... that looks very promising!)


EI8m5r5XsAAWGgf.thumb.jpg.6a6bba29a86b2b4ee2ab46928574c97a.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤣👍🏻 love that picture already! Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Al. said:

I've just found this picture on the Twitter of one of the directors of the show -I think-.

They all look nice in pink 😊 (Also, a lot of set building it seems... that looks very promising!)


EI8m5r5XsAAWGgf.thumb.jpg.6a6bba29a86b2b4ee2ab46928574c97a.jpg

 

Love this AI - Thomas looks like he’s trying to butch it up a bit with his best pose, all Pretty In Pink though 😄😄👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not laughing while having fun is an art in itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...