Just a thought Geoff - is there any remote chance that TJ would have the time (or the inclination) to do some sort of production diary?  It would be fascinating to find out what goes on behind the scenes and it'd be great to get a picture of proceedings from his point of view.

And again questions: there are many directors during one season. It seems to me that "director" is the position that changes the most in the organisation.

1/ why is that? do they all suffer from burnout?

2/ how is the continuity ensured? Does Tom have to especially work with the director before him and the one after him?

5 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Cool - I just need to remember!

I will remind you 😁 great question! 

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

I will remind you 😁 great question! 

Thanks, chica! 

You're welcome! 

Speaking about questions...

- What shall be the total duration of Tom's work on set? And during post-production? 

- Since it's shot as a block, does it mean he will be there x days in October, y days in November and z days in January? Any idea about how many back and forth it represents? 

- What about the cast? They are working one week with director A and one other week with director B... could Tom explain how it worked for him on Hung and Expanse? I guess the cast also has a great deal of responsibility when it comes to continuity? 

11 hours ago, Al. said:

- I think I remember him saying he read the first two books some time ago. If he hasn't, will he read books 3 to 5, regarding to his director work? Or does he prefer not to be influenced by the source material?

Thomas is an avid reader so if he has had the time then he would have, if not heal go from the scripts.

11 hours ago, Gail said:

Just a thought Geoff - is there any remote chance that TJ would have the time (or the inclination) to do some sort of production diary?  It would be fascinating to find out what goes on behind the scenes and it'd be great to get a picture of proceedings from his point of view.

I actually spoke to him a bit on this as I wanted to know if he was taking the same approach as he took in DC by story boarding each scene and blocking out way before. What im keen not to do is add more pressure on him to produce anything other than a great episode but we kicked about a few bits.

11 hours ago, Enaira said:

1/ why is that? do they all suffer from burnout?

Actually thats both commercial and creative, more a case of schedules rather than burn out, certain episodes require say more tense role play stuff where as other require more action so its good to draw upon individual director experience. Its actually a great way to get the best of of the material.

11 hours ago, Enaira said:

2/ how is the continuity ensured? Does Tom have to especially work with the director before him and the one after him?

Oh there are often big production meetings where there is as much seamless continuity as possible, same sets and people help but again as above it kind of depends what in the episode. The real question here is what type of episode is Thomas taking on? - I don't know before you ask :) 

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

- What shall be the total duration of Tom's work on set? And during post-production? 

Unsure at this point. See below. 

- Since it's shot as a block, does it mean he will be there x days in October, y days in November and z days in January? Any idea about how many back and forth it represents? 

This is my understanding but I think Thomas is going and shooting and then going into post of the episode. I expect this to take place End of Oct through Nov buts thats a guess at the minute. 

- What about the cast? They are working one week with director A and one other week with director B... could Tom explain how it worked for him on Hung and Expanse? I guess the cast also has a great deal of responsibility when it comes to continuity? 

Normally I think only two episodes are shot at a time for that very reason on TV, but I know from talking to him that The Expanse shoot moves at lighting speed, Thomas (based on what others have said) is an "Actors director" he spends a great deal of time getting it right but its going to be cool to understand what he likes to do for rehearsals here and number of takes etc. 

The full picture from Amanda that Tom posted yesterday. 

12568992_524426004415763_419803289_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

The full picture from Amanda that Tom posted yesterday. 

12568992_524426004415763_419803289_n.jpg

Stunning.......😌