4 hours ago, The Goktor said:

The Expanse started as an RPG! First as an MMO, then a TTRPG. The books came later!

Oh wow! Had no idea as you noticed. I'm in during our RAWunion in London for the Lycan signing 😉

On 9/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, Geoff said:

S4 will premiere @ NYC Comic Con in Oct. 2 months before air date.

Oh Geoff, could you please put both the NYCC date and the regular S4 date in the calendar? It feels so good to see all this great stuff coming in! Thanks! 

Forgive my ignorance - I know what an RPG is but what is an MMO and a TTRPG?? (Sorry, I'm old and waaaaaay past being 'down with the kids'!)

Sorry guys, flat out with Renegade stuff.

Love the idea of an Expanse RPG!!! def a table top fun whilst everyone is in London lol.

Cant let you know the news I have until Thomas says its ok, details man details.....its worth the wait.

Calender's entries in. 

10 hours ago, Enaira said:

Oh wow! Had no idea as you noticed. I'm in during our RAWunion in London for the Lycan signing 😉

You're on, my friend!

10 hours ago, Gail said:

Forgive my ignorance - I know what an RPG is but what is an MMO and a TTRPG?? (Sorry, I'm old and waaaaaay past being 'down with the kids'!)

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online (often with RPG on the end, so MMORPG). TTRPG = Table-Top Role-Playing Game (as opposed to a videogame). Stick with me kid, and you'll learn the geekspeak! Ha ha! 🤣

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Love the idea of an Expanse RPG!!! def a table top fun whilst everyone is in London lol.

Absolutely! It would be truly epic! 

ComicCon Paris in October.... screening S4E1! 

Excited Kermit The Frog GIF

Geoff, this wouldn't have anything to do with your BIG news, would it? 😋

Tickets for the whole weekend aren't actually that expensive, either (49 euro). I don't think I'll be able to go, as I'm pretty sure I'm booked up to be elsewhere - need to check. 

https://www.weezevent.com/comic-con-paris-25-au-27-octobre-2019

http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Comic-Con-Paris-2019-Decouvrez-les-temps-forts-de-l-evenement

11 hours ago, Enaira said:

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

Have I missed something?  London.....RAWunion......?????? 🥺

27 minutes ago, Gail said:

A few weeks ago, we were musing about the possibility of a meet-up, and mooted a RAWunion in London if there were to be a Lycan signing. Nothing set in stone... not least because to my knowledge, such a thing doesn't even exist! So fear not, amica, there's nothing to miss out on. Yet! 🤣

Thanks chick - I thought it was unlikely since I check the boards about once a minute (might be a slight exaggeration), will keep eyes peeled though!! 👀

1 hour ago, Gail said:

Thanks chick - I thought it was unlikely since I check the boards about once a minute (might be a slight exaggeration), will keep eyes peeled though!! 👀

I can't imagine anything getting by you! 😋 🤣

3 hours ago, The Goktor said:

ComicCon Paris in October.... screening S4E1!

Excited Kermit The Frog GIF

Geoff, this wouldn't have anything to do with your BIG news, would it? 😋

HOLLY COW !!

Could that really be the news? That would be big indeed if Thomas would come and visit Paris ComicCon. Goktor, I wonder how you found this news: I am actually subscribing to the Paris CC Newsletter and nothing was announced lately 🙂 Thanks for the heads up.

Geoff, do I need to book my Thalys tickets like... right NOW ?

3 hours ago, Gail said:

You know me... day dreaming... but one day I will come true !

On 9/16/2019 at 8:15 PM, Enaira said:

I didn't know there was a roleplaye game about the Expanse ! Merchandising yes, but hopefully well done and fun to share with friends? I hope you'll enjoy it and tell us if it's worth it. 

I enjoyed D&D during my studies 😉 so maybe I'll play the Expanse one day. Who knows.

It started through a kickstater project, and I guess it was officialy approved, as James SA Corey wrote an exclusive short-story at the beginning of the rules book, as Goktor mentioned it. In any case, it's very complete and true to the spirit of the books and show so far. I still have some work to do though, and learn to be a proper game master 😉 If you want to take a look at it, here's the link to the publisher's website

21 hours ago, The Goktor said:

One day, if we have a meet-up, we could all play together!

❤️

Hi AI - pleased to meet you! I know exactly what you mean about work insanity; I run two businesses, and work seven days a week! 

Re. S4; I suspect that having visited Ilus, Naomi will beat a hasty retreat back into space... and her part of the story can carry on from there. I hope so, anyway! I would love it the short stories and novellas were adapted, especially The Churn and Strange Dogs. Be cool if they were done as web series.

I haven't played the RPG yet but it's on my list. I suspect I may put it on my Christmas list. At least then I'll finally be able to read The Last Flight of the Cassandra! Be good to get back into RPGs again; until we went to live overseas, we used to have regular gaming weekends with friends. My favourite is Ars Magica... and not just because my partner authored some of it! (He's written a lot of RPGs; Ars, Vampire, Robotech, AD&D etc.)

I have The Expanse board game - it's very cool. Need to get the Doors and Corners expansion! 😀

Wow, 2 businesses, that's impressive oO

We'll see for Naomi, but at least, that will be a suprise even for those who've read the book 😀 And I saw that a board game existed, but never get the opportunity tu buy it... One thing at a time.

And it would be great to play either of these games together at a RAWunion!

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Geoff, do I need to book my Thalys tickets like... right NOW ?

Was thinking exactly the same thing 😅 It's a good news to have some european event, even though the announce is quiet late. It might be difficult to organise an express travel for Paris next month, but who knows...

Paris is NOT the BIG news.

I don't think Thomas is in NYC or Paris Con.

Geoff you are a big bloody tease!!!!!!!!!

Although if you say it's worth the wait, I believe you!! 😉

3 hours ago, Enaira said:

You know me... day dreaming... but one day I will come true !

One day Ariane, one day.............a RAWunion would be a laugh though!  We'd have to hire a little movie theatre and run all TJ's stuff back to back 😄 (yes Geoff, I know, wrong thread again!)

Back on topic now 😉

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Paris is NOT the BIG news.

I don't think Thomas is in NYC or Paris Con.

Ok, that's allright. Thank you for letting us know so quickly, the air was getting thick... 

Thomas will def not be at the cons folks. 

15 hours ago, Enaira said:

Goktor, I wonder how you found this news: I am actually subscribing to the Paris CC Newsletter and nothing was announced lately 🙂 Thanks for the heads up.

It was mentioned in the Expanse Geeks Facebook group yesterday, so I immediately Googled it for details, and found the Premiere article I linked to above. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Thomas will def not be at the cons folks. 

I don't imagine he has the time for cons right now. I was thought your big news might have been that The Expanse was being screened at the Paris con. Which means that we STILL have to wait with baited breath for it! 😋

11 hours ago, Gail said:

One day Ariane, one day.............a RAWunion would be a laugh though!  We'd have to hire a little movie theatre and run all TJ's stuff back to back 😄 (yes Geoff, I know, wrong thread again!)

Back on topic now 😉

But back-to-back Expanse I could totally do! You probably don't want to know how many times I've binged the series! 😆

13 hours ago, Al. said:

Wow, 2 businesses, that's impressive oO

I don't like to be idle!

13 hours ago, Al. said:

We'll see for Naomi, but at least, that will be a suprise even for those who've read the book 😀 And I saw that a board game existed, but never get the opportunity tu buy it... One thing at a time.

Agreed. I love how closely to the books the series have been so far but I also love seeing how they differ. So far, it's been really well-done, and feels very natural, so just going on the trailer, it makes sense for Naomi, never having set foot on a planet before, to want to give it a go. TBH, if Naomi and Alex stay on the ground, and that whole space part cut from the series, I don't think the story would suffer at all.

Obviously, I'd like to see everything included but practically, from a time and money perspective, I can completely see why it might not be feasible. The Investigator storyline is more important, and I can see that that would take up a fair chunk of the budget, plus, all the other stuff that's going on, planet-side. Really, to include everything, it would need to be two series!

I really like that elements of the Ilus mythology (ancient Greek) have been incorporated into Cibola Burn - I hope they make it into the series.

2 hours ago, The Goktor said:

I don't imagine he has the time for cons right now. I was thought your big news might have been that The Expanse was being screened at the Paris con. Which means that we STILL have to wait with baited breath for it! 😋

You're right he doesn't.

Now let me be clear folks, when I say BIG news it means BIG news, like huge. Got full confirmation from Tom this morning but its not for general release yet. As soon as Im cleared I'll put it up ahead of anything going out in general publications but Im not sure when that will be so no holding breath you might go purple.

But I do mean BIG. 

Wow - you’ve built it up so much now that unless it’s a personal screening invite round at Tom’s I might be a bit disappointed!!! 😉

9 minutes ago, Gail said:

Wow - you’ve built it up so much now that unless it’s a personal screening invite round at Tom’s I might be a bit disappointed!!! 😉

I said big. Not huge 😎

Ah right, you only said ‘like huge’ - so it’s somewhere on the scale between nothing and the personal screening.  Got it! 👍

7 minutes ago, Gail said:

Ah right, you only said ‘like huge’ - so it’s somewhere on the scale between nothing and the personal screening.  Got it! 👍

BINGO lol