Rosella

THE EXPANSE (Syfy Series)

Chin up, season 2 is already gearing up. ;)

Detective Miller wears a Porkpie hat in the books, but I imaging the screen test went a lot better for Thomas with the hat he's wearing.

Thomas has played detective types before, but Miller is not the competent tough guy that you would usually expect. He's burned out, washed up, and lost the faith of his peers. He is given a dead end case, that provides a new opportunity to be passionate and rediscover who he is again. Thomas' performance is sad and vulnerable with a new glimmer of hope. Everyone lese be damned, he's going to figure out what this is really about and save the girl... if he can...

Well that's how I see it anyway :) I generally avoid being critical of Tom's work and just let it speak for itself, since I am biased towards him anyway. But when he told me about this role and suggested I read the books, I got hooked and went all in. Tom isn't just doing a great job, he's bringing more to the character that books couldn't match.

Mike

Porkpie hat, really? I had no idea. Looks like I’ve got some homework to do. Do you happen to know if any fans were upset over changing Det. Miller’s hat? Fans of books can be very particular about little details like that.
Keen observations, Mike. I agree. I think Tom’s Miller has so many layers to him, & Tom is revealing each one to us at just the right moments. I'm so glad this character is on TV, so he can be explored more thoroughly. But, boy, The Expanse would be spectacular on the big screen.

TJ as Miller makes the show

Guest AdminGuyX

I've been enjoying the hell out of the show. I had never even heard of the books. Just nice to have some well written and well made science fiction on "SyFy" channel.

I'd have to imagine they avoided the porkpie hat because it became such an iconic part of Breaking Bad.

If im honest looking at it now I think they picked the right hat (cant beleive we are talking about a hat lol) I dont think with TJ's portrail of Miller it would have worked with any other style. IMHO

I missed the 2 hour finally last night. I was just too tired from the adventures the night before and getting up to do a 75 mile drive to work in the morning after to do a 2 hour 10:00pm-12:00am show =/

Mike

Guest AdminGuyX

It was fantastic. The show really did get better with every episode. Lots of gunplay, smart character work, great FX, and a great pay off to all the story elements set up throughout the season. And it leaves so much potential for next season. So nice to have a well written science fiction show on TV again.

THE EXPANSE is on Blu-ray & DVD NOW!!!

I already picked up my copy. Have you got yours, yet? B)

STAY TUNED FOLKS..........................I MAY HAVE A TREAT IN STORE SOON...................................STAY TUNED FOLKS

STAY TUNED FOLKS..........................I MAY HAVE A TREAT IN STORE SOON...................................STAY TUNED FOLKS

AWESOME!! *sitting on the edge of my seat* B)

Sorry folks, I fell off the earth.

However. On location interview with TJ coming shortly......

Sorry folks, I fell off the earth.

However. On location interview with TJ coming shortly......

& I fell off my chair. ;)

What a treat! Can't wait!

Well, it's a long ways off, but here's something to keep us entertained...

SEASON 2 TRAILER!!

"I ain't sittin' this one out" - Det. Joe Miller (Thomas Jane)

I saw this at the SDCC panel. It was so awesome and the full crowd loved it. It was clear the cast members are extremely passionate about the show and they absolutely love doing it.

We met with some of the cast and crew throughout the show. Tom overheard one crew member, Holly, state that she and her husband, Terry, have been trying to get to the show for years, so he committed to making that happen. They made it and we had a blast helping them enjoy the show.

Friday night we went to the SyFy Magicians party and I had a crazy fun time. I even got to dance a tiny bit with Dominique Tipper. We met briefly last year and I was so impressed with her back then, just a fun and vibrant person.

I spent a long time talking to executive producer Mark Fergus and his wife, Julie, and also spoke with show runner Naren Shankar. We even got somewhat philisophocal using the show as a reference, soooo cool

I met Florence Faivre and embarrassingly called her Florescent. Crazy fun, does imply that I got hammered. I has no idea that I had done it until Tom and Florence mentioned it on Sunday night. Tom said it 2as funny to see me lit up for the first time in the decade or so. Fortunately the were both very forgiving. She must have been, since she took a "hot" picture with me. There's a "magical" picture of Tom and I too.

I unexpectedly ran into Adrian Pasdar from Heroes and Agents of Shield at the party. Another side note is that I got drunk with my 21 year old daughter for the first time.

On Saturday I was hanging out with former Raw publicist, Rogue Rubin. We tried really hard to get into the EW party, but failed at the last security check point. One surprise though was running into Norman Reedus and Greg Nicotero, and getting to say hello and shake hands.

On Sunday, Tom, Florence, and Dominique spent a lot of time in the booth. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and getting to know each other better.

After the show closed we all met up with each other at the same place as the Magicians party. Cas Anvar showed up and brought his parents with him, totally cool. Cas and I have spoken in the past about doing a booth with him and Tom.

The biggest surprise came when Shoreh Aghdashloo joined us. I really do my best not to go all fanboy, but I could not help it with her. I loved her character in the books and I was ecstatic when I found out she was cast. Her performance as Chrisjen is amazing. So I had to let her know how I felt and she was exceptionly graceful and receptive about it. She even gave me one of her potty mouth lines from the show. LOVED It!! When we first met she told me she loved my hair that my daughter just braided. She was also really interested in what I did for a living, she guessed I was an artist. She was surprised and intrigued when I told her.

Florence had to leave us early for a flight, but she really wanted to stay, since we were having so much fun. We spoke about dying hair, she suggested going with a dark color to bring out my piercing blue eyes. I gushed a bit at that comment.

I got to dance a little more with Dominique, she used to be a professional dancer and she can really move. Dominique really felt like she had become a friend already Florence too.

Everyone of the cast members came across as sincere and incomparable. I am so looking forward running into them again.

Mike

Wow, Mike! It sure sounds like you had quite an AMAZING time. Thrilled for ya, buddy! :D

That's cool you got to meet Norman, too. I saw a pic of him with TJ. I'm soooooooo jealous of Norman now. :P

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful memories with us! They're always fun to read about.

I can't wait to see the Bobbie Draper character. She was a very challenging character to cast, and I think they NAILED it!!!

I spoke with Executive producer Mark Fergus at SDCC 2015 and he promised to do everything thing the could to find a tall, athletic, attractive Polynesian actress, that could fight. Looks like he followed through =)

Mike

I can't wait to see the Bobbie Draper character. She was a very challenging character to cast, and I think they NAILED it!!!

I spoke with Executive producer Mark Fergus at SDCC 2015 and he promised to do everything thing the could to find a tall, athletic, attractive Polynesian actress, that could fight. Looks like he followed through =)

Mike

Yeah, it's cool that they wanted to stay as true to the book series as possible. Usually the ethnicity of a character changes when they adapt from page to screen so it's refreshing when that doesn't happen & more groups of people get to be represented onscreen. :)

Series two seemed to get off to a flying start yesterday (not that I saw it in the UK) DANG IT.

Yup. THE EXPANSE IS BACK!!! B)

Our TJ even Livetweeted the event (how adorable)! ^_^

Guest AdminGuyX

Loving season 2 so far!

Last nights episode was pretty damn exciting and tense.

I love how much focus Miller is getting in season 2.

I love how much focus Miller is getting in season 2.

It does feel like TJ is becoming more a part of the central storylines this season, which is so cool. Plus, he himself seems to be more engaged with the show. He's still live-tweeting episodes. :)

Well. THAT was an interesting episode.

Yup. That's one way of putting it.

Wish I could post more here, but I'll wait until everyone gets a fair chance to watch this season for themselves.

But it should be noted that THE EXPANSE got renewed for a 3rd season. ☺