Rosella

THE EXPANSE (Syfy Series)

Holy shit its been a while Raw Board folks! Sorry for my absence. Outside world beckons heavy sometimes. I was at the Boston Comic Con yesterday and was able to meet Tim and Tom and attend a panel, which Tom handled like a trooper. I cant say they commented on anything new but they were generous with their time and have some new projects in the pipeline coming our way soon. So hang in there folks! Thanks again to Mark, Tim and Tom. I wish I had more time to pick Tom's brain but there were a pile of other people who wanted to say hi to him.

Holy shit its been a while Raw Board folks! Sorry for my absence. Outside world beckons heavy sometimes. I was at the Boston Comic Con yesterday and was able to meet Tim and Tom and attend a panel, which Tom handled like a trooper. I cant say they commented on anything new but they were generous with their time and have some new projects in the pipeline coming our way soon. So hang in there folks! Thanks again to Mark, Tim and Tom. I wish I had more time to pick Tom's brain but there were a pile of other people who wanted to say hi to him.

That's SO COOL, Esco!! I'm glad you got a chance to meet them & attend the panel. Sounds like a very wonderful day for you. :D

oooooooooo good news. Nice one!

Love it!

IMDB are showing some new posters for this. Should be ramping up the trailers any time soon.

EARLY FULL PILOT RELEASE ON FACEBOOK NOW!!!

No need to wait for the December television premier =)

https://www.facebook.com/ExpanseSyfy/videos/650663878405119/?fref=nf

Its been whipped down!

Its been whipped down!

It's no longer available on YouTube, but it's still available on Facebook, through the link I posted or on my FB page.

Edit: The issue was resolved and it is back on YouTube.

Mike

Anyone watch it yet? I thought it was great. It's got a good start to it. I really dug the look. Reminds me a bit of Battlestart Galactica with a dose of Total Recall (the original). I see online the thoughts are split, and over the same issues. Some people hate the production values, some think they are good, blah blah blah. I've seen enough shows to know that the frist episode or two are no indicator of how it will end up. Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Hannibal... I didn't care for them so much at first, but I could see they would grow. The Expanse, I'm seeing the same way, but I really dug the first episode, so I think its only going to get better and better.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!! THOMAS JANE IS RETURNING TO TV!!! WOOHOO!!! :D

That's right, folks. The long wait is over (actually it was over awhile back thanks to the early release of Ep. 1) but now it's happening for real.

THE EXPANSE PREMIERES TONIGHT @ 10/9c, BOYS & GIRLS!!

Do you have your books read? (me neither)

Great! Then we're all ready for liftoff!

I was pleasantly surprised when they released the first ep. early for us. It was like an early early Christmas present. :P I really like the show. I think it works well & could become a great series if viewers just give it a chance & watch it. (according to his Twitter THE Buzz Aldrin will be tuning in....how cool is that?)

Obviously, Tom is the show for me. His Detective Miller is like a cross between Malone & Mitch Hunter (from Mutant Chronicles). Only his hair is way crazier. Crazy-cool. Weird-cool, even. ;) But enough about Tom's hair!

Actually no....one more time...

the-expanse-thomas-jane-syfy.jpg?w=769&h

Ah....yes....Ladies, you know you love it. Men, you know you want that look. (I TRIPLE DOG DARE* you guys to request it when you get your next haircut).

Anyways. As long as they just give Tom a lot of screen time, I'll be a happy space traveler.

Those who tune into this show weekly (I won't be able to....no Syfy for me).....feel free to use this thread to discuss character & plot development/storylines further. I only ask that when you post, though, that you warn us before sharing spoilers. Other than that, share whatever you want about The Expanse. This is your safe place to do it without being judged.

*Triple Dog Dares are usually meant to be taken seriously....I won't, however, hold anyone to actually go through with it. I don't want nor need any wives or girlfriends to be mad at me. It should also be said that I'm 100% certain that only TJ himself could ever pull off such a look. B) Just sayin'.

I've seen it 4 times already starting at SDCC, but I'll be watching it again tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if the cut tonight is slightly different than the cut they showed at SDCC. I spoke with Cas Anvar after I saw it at SDCC and he said he added the line, "here comes the juice," just be fore they did a high-g burn. I saw that line at SDCC, but I don't think it was in the recent release, so maybe there will be a little more in the television premiere.

Not gonna do it. It took me way too long to grow my hair out this long, over 24".

Not gonna do it. It took me way too long to grow my hair out this long, over 24".

Wow! That's impressive. :D No, it's probably best that you don't cut it. Unless maybe the show gets picked up for a 3rd season (it already has that second one doesn't it?). Then we'll just revisit the haircut idea. ;)

Anyways...

How's the show going thus far? Getting better & better? Post your reviews or any comments on any of the characters in this thread.

As of Nov 6, Syfy had not funded the second season. They invested 60 million in the first 10 episodes, so understandably Syfy is waiting to see how this season goes before they go all in on another. Cas (Alex Kamal) said their guarantees run out in January, so we'll know soon.

Watch the first 4 episodes on the Syfy website =)

As of Nov 6, Syfy had not funded the second season. They invested 60 million in the first 10 episodes, so understandably Syfy is waiting to see how this season goes before they go all in on another. Cas (Alex Kamal) said their guarantees run out in January, so we'll know soon.

Watch the first 4 episodes on the Syfy website =)

Well, I hope they get that second season. I didn't realize the first one cost so much.

Full episodes are up on Syfy? That's cool! Then, I will get to watch this show sooner after all. :D

I've been keeping up with The Expanse. It's one thrill after another!

& IT'S BEEN RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!!

http://deadline.com/2015/12/the-expanse-renewed-season-2-syfy-1201674459/

13 episodes have been ordered & scheduled to air in early 2017. Quite a ways off but definitely something to look forward to seeing.

So CONGRATS to our captain TJ for his show's success & beyond!!! :D

Yup, it's great news that they were able to get funded for season two just in time!

Thomas has been killing his role as Detective Miller, especially in the 5th and 6th episodes.

I haven't checked, but I am pretty certain you can still continue to watch all the episodes on the SYFY website as they come out.

Mike

Having to download here in the UK but LOVING IT and really pleased about 2nd season.

Yup, it's great news that they were able to get funded for season two just in time!

Thomas has been killing his role as Detective Miller, especially in the 5th and 6th episodes.

I haven't checked, but I am pretty certain you can still continue to watch all the episodes on the SYFY website as they come out.

Mike

The role feels like it was written for TJ. It suits him perfectly, fedora & all. :P

Yes, full episodes can be seen on their site (though, I think there's a time limit. Not sure. I just watch as soon as they're up just to be safe). Thanks, again for informing me about that. I had initially thought those could only be watched if a person supplies a cable provider login, but I guess SYFY is more lenient than HBO.

Having to download here in the UK but LOVING IT and really pleased about 2nd season.

It's great, isn't it? It's the kind of show we've been waiting for TJ to be apart of. I'm glad he's enjoying the role, too.

SEASON ONE DVD/BLU-RAY RELEASE -- Early April

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Expanse-Season-1/21906

Detective Miller wears a Porkpie hat in the books, but I imaging the screen test went a lot better for Thomas with the hat he's wearing.

Thomas has played detective types before, but Miller is not the competent tough guy that you would usually expect. He's burned out, washed up, and lost the faith of his peers. He is given a dead end case, that provides a new opportunity to be passionate and rediscover who he is again. Thomas' performance is sad and vulnerable with a new glimmer of hope. Everyone lese be damned, he's going to figure out what this is really about and save the girl... if he can...

Well that's how I see it anyway :) I generally avoid being critical of Tom's work and just let it speak for itself, since I am biased towards him anyway. But when he told me about this role and suggested I read the books, I got hooked and went all in. Tom isn't just doing a great job, he's bringing more to the character that books couldn't match.

Mike

well that's it then im off to get the books.