Rosella

THE EXPANSE (Syfy Series)

Official website now up. Doesn't give more that a bit more detailed synopsis www.syfy.com/theexpanse

I've listened to the first three books of the series and about to start the 4th. I have to do audio books, since I read very poorly. I'm really enjoying the series, written by members of George R. R. Martin's writing team under the pseudonym, James S. A. Corey. For me to have made it this far, the series has to be very good, since I don't generally enjoy novels. These 3 books have doubled the total number of books I have read/listened to in the past 15 years.

Detective Josephus "Joe" Aloisus Miller is a GREAT role for Tom! There's a major character reveal that at the end of the first book, that I will have to avoid, since it defines Tom and his role through the rest of the series.

THE TRAILER HAS LANDED!!! sorry I can't post it

THE TRAILER HAS LANDED!!! sorry I can't post it

Wooooohoooo!!!!!!!!

Well, here's the trailer for everyone's viewing pleasure:

*whistles* Ain't she a beauty? B)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cant view from the UK. Damn the country. Damn it all.

ok, saw it on Facebook. Loved the scope.... And the hat!

ok, saw it on Facebook. Loved the scope.... And the hat!

I love the fedora, too. Some people are knocking it. Whatever. <_<

Looks great. I think this is going to be the thing we've been waiting for. Plus, the sci fi aspect might help give Bad Planet a boost.

Y'know....I actually thought about Bad Planet when I was watching it, which I still think could be made into a movie, either live-action or CGI or both.

when will we get another trailer for this? what about proper interviews or a behind the scenes look? the PR on this sucks

Thomas said he felt the color timing was off and that they will likely make it darker.

Mike

Early screening and panel at San Diego Comic-Con! Jane along with cast and crew expected to attend.

The Expanse Screening and panel: 4:00pm – 5:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel

Join the cast members Thomas Jane (The Punisher), Steven Strait (Magic City), Shohreh Aghdashloo (The House of Sand and Fog), Cas Anvar (Olympus), Dominique Tipper (Vampire Academy) and Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) and executive producers Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby and Naren Shankar for a first-ever, exclusive screening of the series premiere before it airs on Syfy in December! The Expanse is set 200 years in the future after mankind has colonized the solar system. The show is based on The New York Times bestselling book series. Moderated by book author James S.A. Corey (Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck).

Full SyFy line up:http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/comic-con-syfy-announces-12-monkeys-the-expanse-sharknado-3-and-more

Early screening and panel at San Diego Comic-Con! Jane along with cast and crew expected to attend.

The Expanse Screening and panel: 4:00pm – 5:30pm | Indigo Ballroom, Hilton Bayfront Hotel

Join the cast members Thomas Jane (The Punisher), Steven Strait (Magic City), Shohreh Aghdashloo (The House of Sand and Fog), Cas Anvar (Olympus), Dominique Tipper (Vampire Academy) and Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) and executive producers Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby and Naren Shankar for a first-ever, exclusive screening of the series premiere before it airs on Syfy in December! The Expanse is set 200 years in the future after mankind has colonized the solar system. The show is based on The New York Times bestselling book series. Moderated by book author James S.A. Corey (Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck).

Full SyFy line up:http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/comic-con-syfy-announces-12-monkeys-the-expanse-sharknado-3-and-more

Awesome!! It's nice to finally hear something new about this show. December?!? :o

This is a screening I have to see!!!

Hope it's a great one. Please let us know what you think of the show after you see it.

& please give Tom a hug from all of us here in RAWland. :D

I'll be sure to get back with everyone here and let you all know how the screening and the show went for us.

Mike

I'll be sure to get back with everyone here and let you all know how the screening and the show went for us.

Mike

Thank you, Mike!! :)

I saw that Tom shared this info via Twitter:

Come see me today #SDCC at the new RawStudios booty # 4020! I'm be dere btwn 1-2pm & 4-5pm TODAY

So, if you happen to be at SDCC, make sure you go & say "Hi" to TJ. Take pics, make memories, & have fun!!! & also know that we here on the boards are incredibly jealous of you but extremely happy you got to be a part of the con thrills and excitement (but also incredibly jealous of you). B)

& hopefully, a lot of Bad Planet books will be sold to new readers. Lucky people.

http://www.whosay.com/status/thomasjane/1123721 :wub: (sorry...just had to post it again)

Please tell me someone went to THE EXPANSE screening & also got a poster signed by TJ, told TB that he's the Coolest Man in the World, & talked both their ears off about comics and movies and Dark Country theories. Please tell me someone did those things. ;)

If you haven't seen it already.........

Here's the trailer they showed at SDCC:

This show is looking really good. I'm more impressed by it the more I see of it.

What's up everyone! Hard to believe San Diego Comic-Con 2015 has come and gone. It was my 11th straight Con but was the most fun yet. On Preview Night I walked past The Expanse cafe in the downtown district then walking around the floor I found Mr. Tim Bradstreet at the RAW booth located near Legendary's and re-introduced myself as a long time supporter and board member. I didn't see Mike but I'm sure he was representing over the weekend.

Saturday's The Expanse preview and panel was one of my most anticipated for the weekend. It was held next door in the Hilton's Indigo Ballroom which seats a few thousand. After John Barrowman's fun panel I moved up to the third row. Scheduled to attend were the novel authors, TV series writers, a producer and half a dozen of the main cast. Basically, The Expanse is the tale of three groups; those on Earth, on Mars and on an ice salvaging ship. Our man TJ plays Detective Miller, a Mars based, noir influenced guy who sports a slick fedora, dark clothes and a semi bad attitude but heart as well. The show is really handsomely produced with huge sets and solid special f/x. They spared no expense on this one it seems and it looks absolutely great. TJ is looking slim and trim here and very stylish with his duds and half long hair, half buzz cut.

After the episode, the panel came out and chatted getting involved, changing things from the books, the huge sets, etc. TJ was brought out first and as always, is the King of WeirdCool, highlighted by his admission that he pretends to be a fighter pilot while on the toilet.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the season and may check out the books but may hold off so I'm not spoiled.

Write ups of the week with more pics and info:

Wednesday with Tim Bradstreet and 80's Punisher artist great Mike Zeck:

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2015/07/con-man-san-diego-15-preview-night.html

Thursday with panels and fund raiser party:

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2015/07/con-man-san-diego-15-thursday.html

Friday with more panels and Mattel pop-up shop:

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2015/07/con-man-san-diego-15-friday.html

Saturday with The Expanse, Horror and more:

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2015/07/con-man-san-diego-15-saturday.html

I took a ton of photos at The Expanse photo from the 3rd row but somehow many of them didn't turn out very well sadly...

I was there in the background as usual. I'm bummed I missed you, Viendammage.

I found out I was sitting next to Executive Producer, Mark Fergus', wife during the Expanse panel and screening. I met them the next day when they visited the booth. They both were uber-excited about the show and the warm reception the pilot received. I mentioned that I would like to visit the set during the second season filming and mark told me to just ask Tom to set it up. We just need ScyFy to put out its budget plan in the next few weeks so they can go ahead with a planned filming of the second season in September.

I'm really excited about the show ever since Tom told me to read the books. I hate reading, so I did the first 4 audio books. I'm just waiting for the 5th to be recorded. They are all REALLY good and the pilots adaptation is exceptional. It was a lot of fun to talk to Mark Fergus about several of the challenges of bringing the books to life in terms of science and visualizations. We also spoke about the casting. Shoreh Aghdashloo has the best role and is perfect for Chrisjen Avasarala. One of the big challenges they talked about doing the show on TV is that Chrisjen has a terrible and exceptionally humorous potty mouth, that will need to be sadly curtailed. We also talked about upcoming character Bobbie Draper, a Polynesian Martian space marine. She is exceptionally large and well built, so she will be difficult to cast. They just need to find a Polynesian Version of Gwendolyn Christie and they'll be all set. Mark promised that they would put a lot of effort getting person for the role.

On Friday I visited a couple of our guests from the last Long beach Show at the signing tables, Patricia Tallman (Babylon 5, Star Trek) and Camden Toy. This was only the second time I had met them, but the both treated my like a good friend they hadn't seen in a long time, so many hugs followed. It was really a pleasure to catch up with both of them. I was surprised to see that Cas Anvar was at the table right next to them. Cas plays the role of pilot Alex Kamal in the Expanse, I had never meet him before, but I figured I may as well introduce myself to him. He was really cool and really excited about the show and his role. He told me a bit about how he adlibbed some dialogue to express the feeling of a high g burn instead of leaving as a visual only. I also asked him if he was local (LA) and if he would be interested in sharing a booth with Tom and RAW at LBCC. No surprise that he was interested, but that's when I found out the shoot is scheduled for September, so both Tom and Cas will be out for that show (gladly), if all goes well. We'll have more shows and booths in Long Beach to make that happen later.

On Sunday we went to our usual hang out for post con bliss and relaxation and it turned out both Cas and Dominique Tipper, who plays engineer Naomi Nagata in the Expanse, were hanging at the pool with a bunch of friends. The cast including Tom had rooms at the club where we went to close the show. Steven Strait, James Holden, may have been there too, but I couldn't tell for certain. Tim and I went up and said hello to Dominique, who happened to look &*%^% AMAZING in her tiny bikini she was wearing. She was super sweet, fun, and was excited to talk about the show. She was also very clever during the panel too. After that I introduced Tim to Cas.

Hrmmm... seems I had more to say about the show than I had thought, but either way The Expanse is something we should all be truly excited about!!!

Mike

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, viendammage. It’s great that you got to visit with Tim & take in all of The Expanse glory. :) I’ll have to check out your pics. I noticed Tom’s looking slimmer. Anyone know if he lost weight for this role in particular (can’t tell from the quick-cut trailers) or for an upcoming role? Not meaning to gossip just curious. I wonder if Tom’s half buzz hair-style will catch on…..a fighter pilot on the toilet….. :lol: Oh, Tom!
I haven’t read the books, either. But since the show doesn’t start until December, then I guess we got some time to get them in.

& thanks for sharing your con stories with us, Mike. Sounds like you had quite a memorable time there, too. :D I just got my EW today & there’s plenty of pics of Comic-Con but no coverage of The Expanse (bummer). So it’s nice to know more about the event from you & viendammage.
A season 2? Whoa baby! I hope that happens, & I hope you get that set visit. I want this show to become HUGE enough that maybe other conventions will want to add the stars as guests. Fandomfest (in Kentucky) tends to get Syfy people. Tom would be perfect for that place. Just sayin’.
Sounds like a very insightful panel. I’m waiting for someone to upload it on YouTube but so far, no one has. I’m not that familiar with Cas Anvar but after IMDbing him, I discovered that he’s been on a lot of my favorite shows (24, Lost, Boston Legal, Little Mosque on the Prairie). He did play a plastic surgeon in Punisher: War Zone, so that means him & TJ have a skull connection. Small world. It’s great he wants to share a booth with you guys. I like how this cast appears to be friendly with one another. That will help those long shooting days.
Camden Toy is quite a character. I’ve only met him once, but he does have a way of making people feel like his close personal friends, doesn't he? Very cool you got to see him, again.
I’m psyched about The Expanse!

Tom is a lean version of himself, but feeling good and doing well. His current build could be related to the Expanse, since he is a belter and growing up in low gravity would cause people to have lighter builds, but I didn't ask.

it's good to know TJ's doing well. :) Maybe he'll bulk up as the show goes on. How would you have ask that other than, "Wow, Tom. You look great. Have you lost weight?" And I just don't see that as a man-to-man talk at a comic convention (or any place). :P

Probably not belters are particularly thin from growing up in low gravity.

Mike

I have been waiting to find out if Thomas will make it to Long Beach Comic Con in September. It's not likely now that I just found this post.

http://www.theexpansetvseries.com/news/season-2-renewed-ahead-of-season-1/

I'd say that's much better news than Thomas coming to the show, although I was looking forward to having co-star Cas Anvar in the booth with us.

Mike

Bahh!!!!

Bad post, I just looked at the dates and they're older than SDCC, so I don't know any more than I did before. As far as I know, "The Expanse" is still waiting to find out if ScyFy will be fronting the money to start shooting season 2 in September.

Mike

Probably not belters are particularly thin from growing up in low gravity.

Mike

Huh....Learn something new every day. ;)

I have been waiting to find out if Thomas will make it to Long Beach Comic Con in September. It's not likely now that I just found this post.

http://www.theexpansetvseries.com/news/season-2-renewed-ahead-of-season-1/

I'd say that's much better news than Thomas coming to the show, although I was looking forward to having co-star Cas Anvar in the booth with us.

Mike

Yay! That's exciting news!!

Bahh!!!!

Bad post, I just looked at the dates and they're older than SDCC, so I don't know any more than I did before. As far as I know, "The Expanse" is still waiting to find out if ScyFy will be fronting the money to start shooting season 2 in September.

Mike

& just like that, the balloon feels deflated. Just kidding, Mike. ^_^ I do that, too. I'll read something & think that it's new updated info only to find out that it's not. No worries. A false alarm that will most likely be true sooner or later.

If anyone is going to Boston Comic Con, be sure to stop by & say, "Hi, sir...I love you," to our co-captain Tom. He's there for the weekend.

I'm gonna be at Boston Comic Con July 31st - Aug 2nd. #thythumbsarethysword

http://bostoncomiccon.com/guests.html