Rosella

THE EXPANSE (Syfy Series)

This is the most exciting TV news for us since the announcement of Hung.....

THOMAS JANE TO STAR IN SYFY'S 'THE EXPANSE':

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/thomas-jane-star-syfys-expanse-718034

This series is an adaptation of James S.A. Corey's Leviathan Wakes book series (anyone familiar?).

The drama is described as a thriller set 200 years in the future and follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective (Jane) and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.
Three-time Golden Globe-nominee Jane will play the world-weary Miller, a native of "the Asteroid Belt" between Mars and Jupiter. Miller is a detective for a corporate security force operating as the law in the Belt. Ragged, in search of something even he can't identify, Miller remains a dedicated cop with great instincts who discovers a new found sense of purpose when he's put in charge of the investigation into a missing heiress.

As of April, there's a 10-episode commitment for it.

Whoa! TJ starring on another TV show!? So EPIC my head might explode! :D

This is the most exciting TV news for us since the announcement of Hung.....

THOMAS JANE TO STAR IN SYFY'S 'THE EXPANSE':

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/thomas-jane-star-syfys-expanse-718034

This series is an adaptation of James S.A. Corey's Leviathan Wakes book series (anyone familiar?).

As of April, there's a 10-episode commitment for it.

Whoa! TJ starring on another TV show!? So EPIC my head might explode! :D

I read about this it is pretty exciting. Don't know how he does all this stuff without falling over from exhaustion. :ph34r:

He will definitely be at pinacle point in his career by then because he will be starring in so many cool-obscure roles at once. Unfortunately he will be in the spolight again which he never really liked but in this situation -- it will be a very good thing! Because now a days people are now gravitating towards speciality tv programing that is offered on cable and what's nice is that these programs do remain special & obscure! He will defintely make a big name for himself which is not so shabby and this happens to be more up his alley anywho (such as e.g Hung) and that's when -- BAM...!!! He will leave us all at once (sigh*) to produce and mainly direct. I gather and I'm sure of it! ...that...that's what he's working/leaning towards...working like a maniac now to reach to that point later in his career.

Sad but I'm sure true...it will be a downfall not to see him on screen anymore but he will make sure if directs he will bring back the magic in movies the lac in movie history today. BUT knowing Mr Jane...I'm sure he will always do a cameo in his flicks in the near and up coming future and we will get the best of both worlds - yay Raw team!

A special wink goes out to you TJ! Hope your are well, you do us proud and we all miss you!

Can't wait to see your dreams unfold...

Oh and to add to this new upcoming tv series -- I'm sure it will be a stand out piece that will be remembered such as Breaking Bad etc;...

The story line sounds really wicked and out there!

TV seems to be where its at now. Better suited to telling better stories I think. 10 or 12 hours compared to 2 or 3. This sounds great and I cant wait! Off to get the book....

Just started reading Leviathan Wakes. WOW is it good so far. Like someone grabbing your lapels and yanking you onto your toes.

Just started reading Leviathan Wakes. WOW is it good so far. Like someone grabbing your lapels and yanking you onto your toes.

Now that you said that. I need to go on a quest for that book. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this is where tj shines! good for him...better for us ;)

Finished the first book. Tom is going to won this if he wants. The book is a blast. Looking forward to reading the second book in the series. Some people call it the "Game of Thrones" of Space Operas. I would say the book was quite a bit more economical than that but that's not a cut on it. I just didn't see it as EPIC as GOT.

First book bought and waiting on delivery.........................

Damn excited for this!

Sounds awesome and definitely a nice role for The Jane. A regular day gig then hopefully during the hiatus he can get back to producing his own projects!

It seems right up his sci-fi lovin' alley. ^_^

I'm hoping doing this show will result in more convention appearances for Tom throughout the world.

I read about this it is pretty exciting. Don't know how he does all this stuff without falling over from exhaustion. :ph34r:

I think Tom runs on the power of working, whether it's in film, on TV, or at home. I can't picture Tom as someone who would say, "I'm going to take a year off & go relax in Hawaii." Not our Tom.

He will definitely be at pinacle point in his career by then because he will be starring in so many cool-obscure roles at once. Unfortunately he will be in the spolight again which he never really liked but in this situation -- it will be a very good thing! Because now a days people are now gravitating towards speciality tv programing that is offered on cable and what's nice is that these programs do remain special & obscure! He will defintely make a big name for himself which is not so shabby and this happens to be more up his alley anywho (such as e.g Hung) and that's when -- BAM...!!! He will leave us all at once (sigh*) to produce and mainly direct. I gather and I'm sure of it! ...that...that's what he's working/leaning towards...working like a maniac now to reach to that point later in his career.

Sad but I'm sure true...it will be a downfall not to see him on screen anymore but he will make sure if directs he will bring back the magic in movies the lac in movie history today. BUT knowing Mr Jane...I'm sure he will always do a cameo in his flicks in the near and up coming future and we will get the best of both worlds - yay Raw team!

A special wink goes out to you TJ! Hope your are well, you do us proud and we all miss you!

Can't wait to see your dreams unfold...

Oh and to add to this new upcoming tv series -- I'm sure it will be a stand out piece that will be remembered such as Breaking Bad etc;...

The story line sounds really wicked and out there!

I think Tom will enjoy promoting this more than HUNG. Not that HUNG isn't a great show that was well-received by a loyal fan base. I just think it made The Punisher eye candy for women. And some men. Again, not that that's a bad thing. But, in interviews, the topic always began and ended on the size of his....*clears throat* equipment. *blushes* And after awhile, it had to get tiring of constantly saying "Eyes up here."

Plus, when it comes time to promote The Expanse, maybe Bad Planet could get a little more press coverage. And isn't that what all of this is about -- making more Bad Planet issues?

I fear it'll be difficult for Tom to only direct movies. I think he'll have to take on acting gigs every now and again to fund his dreams when the investors hide. I know we'd crowdfund him, but even our money won't be enough.

Maybe he could direct an episode of The Expanse to quench his directing thirst.

No more news on this at present apart from TJ will be playing Detective Miller, for anyone who has read the first book this is a major part so no doubt TJ will be in all 10 episodes currently scheduled.

Good to hear! I really think this is the place to go (television). The bar has been raised quite a bit, and storytelling is getting really solid. Can't say the same for films in the last 5 years. Plus, it's nice to continue a story and not have a 90 minute constraint.

Then what are you doing on the forum, Paola? You need to be out there searching everywhere for the location. Find that set! Find our man Tom!

(oh wait.......you're not a crazy person............never mind.) ;)

But, on the off chance you do spot him for real, make sure you get a photo. It never hurts to ask, and mentioning your RAW membership should go a long way. B)

I hear that Chad Coleman (The Walking Dead) has also joined I got an email from TJ this weekend, not giving away much as normal B) apart from its snowing there and he had a good Thanksgiving!

I hear that Chad Coleman (The Walking Dead) has also joined I got an email from TJ this weekend, not giving away much as normal B) apart from its snowing there and he had a good Thanksgiving!

That's awesome! I like Chad Coleman. I hope this series becomes a show everyone will be talking about.

It's great you got to hear from Tom. :)

Thomas was in Sault Ste, Marie doing another film, just before filming the Expanse. He said they built a huge set for station where most of the story starts off.

Yeah I think that's where they filmed Standoff.

Yup, Tom said he was feeling pretty good about this film. He also said they changed the name. Unfortunately I don't know if and when it is appropriate to share it, if the name change even sticks.

Its one Im really looking forward to.

Yup, Tom said he was feeling pretty good about this film. He also said they changed the name. Unfortunately I don't know if and when it is appropriate to share it, if the name change even sticks.

Wait. Standoff isn't Standoff anymore? Good call. I see that name & think of the TV show starring Ron Livingston that got cancelled awhile back.