Geoff

Comic.Cons

Hi guys,

Is there any sort of lists or confirmation on any Con's that RAW are doing this year?

Back when the site got its new look and features, I remember talking about possibly having a list compiled for convenience, but that hasn't happened, yet. I still think it would be very helpful to have all cons listed in one place for both Tom & Tim.

The only show I know for certain is Long Beach Comic Con on 27-28 September. I'm still waiting for confirmation from Tom, but Tim and I will be there.

Tim and Tom have invitations for a show somewhere in Great Britain this year, and I just herd there may be another one in the U.S. they are invited to, but I'm not certain where. I'll follow up when I hear more.

Mike

Once again, thank you for staying on top of things, Mike! B)

I wish that US show would be something near my neighborhood, but that actually happening seems doubtful. But....I will keep the dream of meeting Tom & reuniting with Tim one day alive. I'm just too optimistic to let that one go, y'know.

Any word on Boston?

So is TJ not at SDCC this time around? :blink:

No TJ. He's in the middle of a shoot. Have yet to hear about Boston, but he is on the guest list.

Why didn't they just reschedule the con, then? ;) But seriously...It's hard to imagine a San Diego Comic-Con without TJ.

Any pics or stories from this particular SDCC?

It's been awfully quiet around here lately......I think I heard a tumbleweed roll by but that's about it. ;)

Is Tim or Tom attending SDCC 2016? Any big RAW announcements planned? Anyone on here going?

It's gonna be all RAW at SDCC in booth 4504!

Mike

Thanks for the info, Mike! That's awesome! :D

Now you or anyone else doesn't have to capture every second of the CON in a picture, but can you please make sure someone snaps at least ONE GROUP PHOTO of all you guys together? Pretty please with sugar & a cherry on top? :wub:

I've been getting better about taking pictures lately, so I'll be sure to take at least some photos in addition to a group shot. I took a group shot last year and I thought John posted it somewhere... maybe...

Mike

I've been getting better about taking pictures lately, so I'll be sure to take at least some photos in addition to a group shot. I took a group shot last year and I thought John posted it somewhere... maybe...

Mike

Awesome!! Yes, indeed, our fine forum leader Weber had posted that amazing shot from last year for our viewing pleasure. :D I was kinda hoping the group shot would become an annual SDCC tradition. Plus, I thought it'd be too much to ask for various shots of everyone, so one group shot seemed the most simple & less time-consuming. But, by all means, please take as many photos as you want & share as many as you can with us. :)

Here are some pictures from RAW SDCC 2016

13615066_10202036712594693_2649259416645

13710067_10202029161325916_2203781691065

13728973_10202029161605923_3638154517408

13769431_10202029162205938_2774324750920

13770511_10202036694194233_2603227138818

4042c9d0-7f6c-4c21-ab5d-93a03d3424a9_zps

13716127_10202029161925931_6403364965002

13707523_10209819090984291_1392167377044

13690708_10202026188131588_7754514689553

13770311_10202021883863984_2433091998505

Mike

Guest AdminGuyX

Lookin' good!

Glad the show went well.

Was the booth full of The Expanse fans?

Was any new RAW material shown or published for the show??

RAW and the Expanse are different entities. RAW is all about what Tom and Tim produce directly.

That being said we did have several people come by that were fans of the Expanse, but funny enough they didn't immediately recognize that we had up to 3 cast members in the booth at a time with Thomas, Florence, and Dominique.

This is the first time I have ever really taken so many pictures with me in them, so it still feels a little weird. I'll try to edit my post and fill out some details about them. Noeland, John and some others likely may have seen it all already on Facebook anyway =)

Mike

YAY!!!!!! PICTURES!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

THANKS A MILLION for posting these, Mike!! :wub: Love seeing all of you having such a great time!

A RAW booth would be a one-stop shop for all my needs. B) I'd go broke.

There is another Con thread, its all on there. Looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry for the absence, but we just bought a house under, well lets just say, not the best of circumstances (shitty landlords, meth, domestic abuse... all on the landlords part. Then we found out its not even his house, so we were kicked out) We're in a kind of fixer-upper, but its not as bad as it could be. It'll turn out great, just needs some love but its been eating most of my time. It's getting there.

We had a blast at Indiana Comic Con!! :D I was pretty impressed with how things were handled (except for the media guest area). Otherwise, everything else seemed to run smoothly. I think going on a Sunday & a holiday (it was Easter Sunday after all) helped keep the crowd feel less overcrowded. There were plenty of attendees but also lots of space and breathing room.
There was so much to see! Too much, actually! Ha! I wish I had gotten to visit more of the vendors, but there just wasn't enough time to do everything. We did spend awhile shopping at the DOCTOR WHO booth. My brother is a huge fan, & he was able to make some cool purchases there. We really want to visit their actual store (it's in Indiana, too). So that's going on the bucket list for sure.
The only media guest we met was Sean Maguire. We didn't have to wait too long to see him; we just had to wait for him to return from his panel. I'll admit; I was a little in awe of seeing him up close in person. I've been following his career since OFF CENTRE (a short-lived series on the WB). Plus, he's English & just so handsome & charming. I bought his autograph for $40. I wanted to get a pic with him, but he wasn't doing "selfies." I thought it never hurts to ask, so I asked him if he would please take a pic with me? I even offered to pay extra. But he told me he'd get in trouble if he did, yet if we did it in quickly, we could. So I got to take the pic with him. Then I wished him a "Happy Early Birthday" (his Bday was going to be 2 days later) , & he thanked me then hugged me. :wub: I was pretty happy with the time I got with him. I even got to bring up the time he X'd Jamie Kennedy.
When we first arrived, our main focus was to line up for THE PUNISHER panel with Tim & Gerry Conway. This being a comic con & all, I seriously thought there would be a long line for their Q&A. I guess I don't understand fandoms. At 10:30am (panel was scheduled for 11:20am), we were the line! No volunteer or anyone was watching the door. People could just come & go as they please. So after the panel before theirs ended, we just walked in & took our seats (front row, baby!). For the first 10 min, I was worried we'd be the only ones attending the panel. Thankfully, someone who isn't related to us showed up. He asked which panel we we're waiting on......PUNISHER........Good......because there wasn't a sign. What!? We saw the sign. We even took pics of the sign (soon to be evidence).
Then the moderator showed up, & he also wanted to make sure he was in the right room. Yup. RM 143. He also said that there wasn't a sign up. Apparently, someone stole it! Someone just took Sunday's schedule & left Friday/Saturday's. But we had pics & showed the moderator; he thought it was the strangest thing. I started getting nervous......Maybe the panel was canceled? But more people started showing up. Then Gerry arrived. He's so laid-back & cool. He even saw me taking pics of him & looked up to pose for one. & when Tim perfectly showed up right on time, the real fun began.
It was a great panel. Both Tim & Gerry got to talk about how they got started in comics. The moderator had done his research, so he sounded prepared. Gerry kept directing many of his answers at me & my brother, so I made sure to pay extra attention to him when he was talking. Otherwise, I would've just stared up at Tim. I did snap some photos during the panel, but I didn't want to take too many so I could actually live in the moment of watching these two PUNISHER legends engage with us & each other. I tried my best to not totally geek out, but c'mon.....it was awesome!
Eventually, the moderator took questions from fans. Initially, I hadn't planned on asking any questions (all my questions for Tim were mainly RAW-related). But I thought I should stand up & ask something. I had 2 Q's for Gerry, which cracked Tim up. I wanted to ask Tim something, too, but the panel had already gone over. It ended up lasting an hour, which I really appreciated. Despite having a small audience, they still gave us a wonderful Q&A session. Having the smaller crowd worked in our favor; it made it feel more intimate. I just wish someone had recorded it, so I could've posted it for all of your viewing pleasure.
After the panel, I went up to Tim and asked him if he knew who I was......Of course. Thank goodness! Well, it has been almost 7 years since I last spoke to him in person, so I didn't just want to assume that he should recognize me. But it's nice to be remembered. We ended up walking with Tim to his table just like we did the last time. It was very reminiscent. Like déjà vu.
Then we hung out with Tim at his table for about an hour & a half. Just talking & catching up. I was able to give Tim his gift (that PUNISHER skull I stitched for his Bday now with a long letter of praise painted on the back). Tim read it & gave me a hug. :wub:
I got to ask about all of those RAW projects on the horizon. Most, as you can guess, have basically been put on an indefinite pause (Tim & Tom are just soooooooo busy). But you'll be happy to know that things are progressing with THE LYCAN & BAD PLANET. Actually, there is some very exciting news RE: BAD PLANET, but I'll let our RAW captains make the announcement (not sure how widely known that info is).
We talked a lot about Tom (TJ, if your ears were burning on Easter, now you know why ;) ) & so many other things -- movies, hobbies, & more. Every now & then, a fan or two would come up & get autographs or proofs or originals from Tim. And Tim would kindly engage with everyone, & still keep us involved in his conversations. This one guy had a stack of comics for him to sign, which made me feel less guilty for bringing my own stack of comics for him to sign. Tim has the best stories & memories. That's just a fact.
I did buy some artist proofs (one day, I'd love to be able to afford a Bradstreet original) & Tim kindly gave me a sweet RAW deal on those! :wub: He signed & personalized each one for me, too. They are gorgeous!
My mom was wearing a Marvel comics T-shirt packed full of so many characters from the Marvel universe. But it didn't have THE PUNISHER on it, so she asked Tim if he'd draw a skull for her on the back of her shirt, & of course, he kindly obliged. He even signed & personalized that, too! It looks so awesome!! That made my mom's day for sure. :D
We took pics with Tim. That was too fun! Tim makes everything regular way more fun! He even took a pic of me & my family. Which seemed only fair....We took lots of pics with & of Tim that day. I added 'em all up; we took over 100 pics! ^_^
I just happened to glance over & notice that Gerry was packing his stuff up; he was getting ready to leave. So I had to quickly go over to see catch him before he left for good. I wanted to buy a comic from him, but he had already put those away. So I just had him sign a PUNISHER Anniversary magazine (Tim signed that, too). & I got to tell him that LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT is my favorite procedural show (he was a writer on some episodes). He said that was fun to do. I even got him to take a picture with me. I wish I had gotten a chance to pick his brain longer; I didn't realize he was going to leave at 2.
Gerry left his luggage for a bit then came back. I asked him if I could get a picture with him & Tim. Thankfully, he took the time to do it. Yay! It's quite a little keepsake.
Eventually, we left Tim so he could go take his break. This was when we went over to see Sean Maguire. Afterwards, we went & too our own little snack break. But then, it was back to Tim's table for another hour of discussions. My brother bought a print from him, & we got to take a family photo with Tim.
We said our goodbyes & left Tim's area with a half hour of the con left to go. So we revisited the DOCTOR WHO booth for more shopping & browsed a few other vendors. We just had such a great time.
Tim, thank you for another incredible day! :wub: B) :D
& thank you RAWarriors for reading about my experience!
STAY TUNED FOR PICS!!

Rosella,

Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to see the pics!

Motor City Comic Con is this month and I'll be seeing Tim and crew there. Will post pics then as well!

Been a while and I hope all RAW members are doing fucking fantastic!

-Raffi