Sign in to follow this  
viendammage

Universal Soldier & Rocky IV - Dolph Lundgren in person!

To any action movie fans out there weaned on 80's and 90's fare like me, come join your fellow fans for a night of muscles, machine guns, one liners and European accents as my site Dammaged Goods and The American Cinematheque present a tribute to Dolph Lundgren with Universal Soldier and Rocky IV on the big screen and Q&A with Dolph himself between films! There will be trivia, prizes and so much more!

Friday, 6.27 at The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood!

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/universal-soldier-rocky-iv

I'll be doing introductions and trivia so come up and say hey!

filepicker%2Fw1I90qZ3REWtJvvrZ8U8_dolph2

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Will definitely look to have Mr. Jane as a guest once my regular program gets started. What movie(s) would you want to hear him talk about? The Punisher is an obvious choice. I actually loved I Melt With You but I dunno how many other people did haha.

The Punisher and Stander would be a good fit. I think Thursday or Malone would also work pretty good in that mix. You could do a creature feature with The Mist and add either Deep Blue Sea or Dreamcatchers. I've always wanted to hear what that set was like. So much talent, but a lot of wild cards in that one. Or you could do Dark Country and The Tripper.

Well, that sounds like an awesome cinematic experience! Have a fantastic time!

As for our man Tom....I love I Melt With You, as well, and as powerful as those performances are across the board, it might be too dark and depressing to celebrate....John already came up with the movies I'd pick (creature feature.....nice one!).....I would definitely mark Dark Country as the top must-must. A Director's Cut version of it would be the ultimate big screen experience, but I'm not sure that'd be possible.

Well, that sounds like an awesome cinematic experience! Have a fantastic time!

As for our man Tom....I love I Melt With You, as well, and as powerful as those performances are across the board, it might be too dark and depressing to celebrate....John already came up with the movies I'd pick (creature feature.....nice one!).....I would definitely mark Dark Country as the top must-must. A Director's Cut version of it would be the ultimate big screen experience, but I'm not sure that'd be possible.

Is director's cut the one available? Was there for a screening a few years ago where TJ hosted and gave out prizes.

Was a great night and looking forward to the next one. Dolph and producer/manager Craig Baumgarten were super cool and gracious with their time. Standing in front of 400 people introducing Dolph Lundgren was a trip that took me a couple days to actually process. Sat behind him as he watched the opening of the film then brought him back in later where he watched Van Damme kill him on the big screen. After the Q&A Dolph signed and took photos for a while and the theater staff told me they'd never seen a crowd reaction like this before!

Onto the next and hope to see some of you there!

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2014/06/ask-me-another-question-universal.html

I would have loved to have seen this! That's awesome. The TJ suggestions were great. He's really done some interesting and amazing stuff. I'd love hear him talk about working with Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Monica Bellucci in Under Suspicion. Or Mickey Rourke in Killshot.

I would have loved to have seen this! That's awesome. The TJ suggestions were great. He's really done some interesting and amazing stuff. I'd love hear him talk about working with Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Monica Bellucci in Under Suspicion. Or Mickey Rourke in Killshot.

I would LOVE to hear TJ's thoughts and experience on Killshot. The end result isn't bad but knowing characters and subplots got cut out? Just intriging to wonder what happened and a great cast.

Is director's cut the one available? Was there for a screening a few years ago where TJ hosted and gave out prizes.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought he didn't get a chance to make his ideal version. I remember Tom posting on here that he wanted to make it and release it as a bootleg version or something like that.....Maybe he was kidding, but it got my hopes up.

Was a great night and looking forward to the next one. Dolph and producer/manager Craig Baumgarten were super cool and gracious with their time. Standing in front of 400 people introducing Dolph Lundgren was a trip that took me a couple days to actually process. Sat behind him as he watched the opening of the film then brought him back in later where he watched Van Damme kill him on the big screen. After the Q&A Dolph signed and took photos for a while and the theater staff told me they'd never seen a crowd reaction like this before!

Onto the next and hope to see some of you there!

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2014/06/ask-me-another-question-universal.html

So happy to hear that the night was successful & memorable!! :D

I like those movies. Neither one gets showcased enough.