Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

THE MIST DVD

...and from AMCtv.com:

... the movie ... raked in $25 million at the box office. ... Genius Entertainment and The Weinstein Company are releasing not one, but two DVD iterations: a single- and double-disc edition.

While both versions will feature an audio analysis with Darabont, eight deleted scenes with optional commentary, and a conversation with King and Darabont, only the double disc offers the originally-conceived black-and-white cut of the film alongside the color theatrical version. The second disc also delivers five featurettes: "When Darkness Came: The Making of The Mist," "Taming the Beast: Shooting Scene 35," "Monsters Among Us: A Look at the Creature F/X," "The Horror of It All: The Visual FX of The Mist" and "Drew Struzan: Appreciation of an Artist." Like most DVD double-dips, the single-disc edition will prove worthless once both street on March 25 (according to IGN).

http://blogs.amctv.com/monsterfest/2008/01/mist-dvd.php

Jen

PS I just want to know if Tom will be prominently featured in the featurettes!! :lol:

I heard he's in two of them at least so that's all I know for now.

JO

I hope so too. I would love to have him on a commentary track. But as long as we get him in a couple of the featurettes, that's okay.

By the way, I was browsing on youtube last night, and I saw a couple videos about this movie, and someone has posted the last five minutes of it on there. That's just so wrong. You can tell it was recorded with a video camera in the theater, and pirated. That is just so wrong. now anyone who hasn't seen the movie will have the entire movie spoiled for them. I hate that for anyone who hasn't see it yet.

mediumfan

I missed THE MIST in theaters actually and I'm glad to have found this post here today, for I was wondering how the movie was. I'm looking forward to watching it and I was surprised how fast is reaching DVD, but I'm not complaining.

So, people, I'm sure you've all have diverse opinions of the film and pleeeeeeeeeeeease without spoiling anything, share with me how was your viewing experience.

I only saw the trailer twice, so imagine how mystified I am about what lurks with that MIST.

You know the second DVD of The Mist and being able to watch it in B&W... now I don't mind at all watching the movie in B&W but I wonder if it will just be simply turning the color off? Or will it somehow look like the black and white movies and TV shows of the 1940's 50's, and 60's?

You know the second DVD of The Mist and being able to watch it in B&W... now I don't mind at all watching the movie in B&W but I wonder if it will just be simply turning the color off? Or will it somehow look like the black and white movies and TV shows of the 1940's 50's, and 60's?

Naw, its like the classic 50's and 60's films. Goin' to be fuckin' great.

JO

Enter to win a copy of 2-DVD set of The Mist at IESB.net. I really didn't want to post this link, that way I'd have a slightly better chance of winning a copy... :P :lol:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?

option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=7&article=4494V

Jen

So, people, I'm sure you've all have diverse opinions of the film and pleeeeeeeeeeeease without spoiling anything, share with me how was your viewing experience.

I only saw the trailer twice, so imagine how mystified I am about what lurks with that MIST.

Antonio - I recommend you check out the original Mist Thread - http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=30

Especially the posts beginning around page 3, which is the point in the thread where people here had begun to see the film upon it's release in the states.

Don't believe there are many spoilers.

- TB

Antonio - I recommend you check out the original Mist Thread - http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=30

Especially the posts beginning around page 3, which is the point in the thread where people here had begun to see the film upon it's release in the states.

Don't believe there are many spoilers.

- TB

Thanks a lot Mr. Bradstreet for the link! Will do!

Well I ordered the 2 disc DVD of The Mist and the 2 disc DVD of I Am Legend last night. These two movies were the only good horror movies of 2007 and there needs to be more horror films like them.