Nothing firm here but "Saban" have got the rights to distribute in the US with according to them a "First quarter release"

looks like next year for this.

this has a confirmed UK release date of 11th Jan. Is available to pre order on www.amazon.co.uk hope they do some changes to the cover though as its being sold as Lawrence Fishborne film with no mention of TJ on the packaging.

this has a confirmed UK release date of 11th Jan. Is available to pre order on www.amazon.co.uk hope they do some changes to the cover though as its being sold as Lawrence Fishborne film with no mention of TJ on the packaging.

Really? No TJ? Now I have no problem when movies only list one actor on the front, but this movie is called Standoff, so there should be two.

STANDOFF looks to be getting a US theatrical limited release on February 26th.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/stand-off-release-date-thomas-jane-1201664667/

So if it comes to a theater near you, I suggest you see it & brag to your friends about it. B)

Bought it yesterday on DVD (Came out here Monday) watched last night.

Im not good a reviews but here goes:

This is a dark thriller. Simple but clever concept. Very few players and most dialogue is between Sade and Carter. Hard to decide who steals the show here as both TJ and LF are on fine form. The money has been really well spent on production and over the course of the film the tension increases until the climax but its the covnersations between the two from top to bottom of the stairs that really makes this film enjoyable. The interaction between TJ and "Bird" is very heart warming as TJ also lets the layers of Carter come through in his acting and everything is on show for the viewer to see (Im talking about the emotion - calm down ladies)

The action is solid but its not an action film but a good ol fashioned pot boiler. I wanted to see this from the first moment I heard about it and I was not disappointed. DVD offers good behind the scenes featurette that everyone plays a part in.

Dont miss this one.

Bought it yesterday on DVD (Came out here Monday) watched last night.

Im not good a reviews but here goes:

This is a dark thriller. Simple but clever concept. Very few players and most dialogue is between Sade and Carter. Hard to decide who steals the show here as both TJ and LF are on fine form. The money has been really well spent on production and over the course of the film the tension increases until the climax but its the covnersations between the two from top to bottom of the stairs that really makes this film enjoyable. The interaction between TJ and "Bird" is very heart warming as TJ also lets the layers of Carter come through in his acting and everything is on show for the viewer to see (Im talking about the emotion - calm down ladies)

The action is solid but its not an action film but a good ol fashioned pot boiler. I wanted to see this from the first moment I heard about it and I was not disappointed. DVD offers good behind the scenes featurette that everyone plays a part in.

Dont miss this one.

Awesome, Geoff! Your review makes me want to see it even more (& I've already been dying to see it). :D

Watched it again last night lol.

Great performance TJ!

Finally watched it over the weekend...

Too bad I missed ya in Ontario...being from Toronto and all ;)

It probably didn't take that too long to shoot.

Loved the chemistry between all the characters...it worked!

Especially between you and Lawerence!

Out of all your latest flicks, I enjoyed this one too :)

Looking forward to your next thriller out this spring!

In the meantime checking out The Expanse next...

I still haven't seen it, yet.

But I saw that it has a US release for the Blu-ray & DVD -- April 12th

For any viewers in the UK that have Sky or the movie channels its being shown on TV from this Friday.

Don't miss out. This is a great series. People bagged on it for not being too good, but as soon as episode 3 hit, they ate crow.

What's a great series? :huh:

I bought Standoff, but I haven't gotten around to watching it, yet. I've been preoccupied with watching some other movies first. But my friend saw it & loved it, & I have a feeling I will, too.

lol Brilliant John!

Damn phones. Thought I was in the Expanse thread. Fat fingers and small devices don't mix well ;-)

:lol: Nice one, Weber!

Standoff is just one of those films that grips you tight & doesn't let go. TJ & Laurence Fishburne are incredible!! Powerful performances from everyone. Even that young Ella Ballentine is impressive.

Good evening forum,

We just watched Standoff!

*spoilers ahead*

It was not at all what I expected! I was expecting  a classic action movie I guess. I had only seen the DVD cover and TJ's "shooting diary" in the news section. I explicitly did not read this thread.

I have to thank Tom for not telling too much. Actually not saying anything important about the plot, while making it enjoyable to read for his fans 😁

This movie surprised me with the theatrical setting and tension in the dialogues. Really liked it, except at some specific moments the music. A tod too sweet and syrupy. And we didn't get the point with that last bullet 😖 It is frustrating. If someone could explain? Was it a blank? If Carter had known it he would have acted differently.

You notice first during the BTS extras, how cold it must have been during the shooting! Tom with just a loose t-shirt and the girl in a summer dress. It must have been difficult. I had to laugh internally because I had just seen today Tom's Q&A for DBS where some guy asked what's the best shooting sort? Not too wet? Not too cold? Not spending 3 weeks sitting at exactly the same spot in a staircase ? 😁 but yeah you know,  it's kind of like working. You don't get to choose.

Now my dear husband is completely stuck on the last song in the final credits. A UK singer apparently who was raised in Greece and Australia... it seems he's heard it somewhere in another movie and now will not be able to sleep the whole night...

From my viewpoint, I honestly and respectfully "don't care" about this singer. I have spent 90 minutes watching TJ protect a little girl against great angry Fish and I am happy.

31 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Good evening forum,

We just watched Standoff!

*spoilers ahead*

It was not at all what I expected! I was expecting  a classic action movie I guess. I had only seen the DVD cover and TJ's "shooting diary" in the news section. I explicitly did not read this thread.

I have to thank Tom for not telling too much. Actually not saying anything important about the plot, while making it enjoyable to read for his fans 😁

This movie surprised me with the theatrical setting and tension in the dialogues. Really liked it, except at some specific moments the music. A tod too sweet and syrupy. And we didn't get the point with that last bullet 😖 It is frustrating. If someone could explain? Was it a blank? If Carter had known it he would have acted differently.

You notice first during the BTS extras, how cold it must have been during the shooting! Tom with just a loose t-shirt and the girl in a summer dress. It must have been difficult. I had to laugh internally because I had just seen today Tom's Q&A for DBS where some guy asked what's the best shooting sort? Not too wet? Not too cold? Not spending 3 weeks sitting at exactly the same spot in a staircase ? 😁 but yeah you know,  it's kind of like working. You don't get to choose.

Now my dear husband is completely stuck on the last song in the final credits. A UK singer apparently who was raised in Greece and Australia... it seems he's heard it somewhere in another movie and now will not be able to sleep the whole night...

From my viewpoint, I honestly and respectfully "don't care" about this singer. I have spent 90 minutes watching TJ protect a little girl against great angry Fish and I am happy.

One of my faves. 

But what about the bullet? Now I cannot sleep either 🙄 what did we miss? How did you understand it?

8 hours ago, Enaira said:

But what about the bullet? Now I cannot sleep either 🙄 what did we miss? How did you understand it?

I took it to be a dud and a misfire. Carter wouldn't have done anything different had he known as it was his redemption as he saw it.