Thomas Jane to star in Standoff

30 APRIL, 2014 | BY JEREMY KAY

Goldrush Entertainment is backing the thriller on the runway for a summer shoot in Ontario, Canada. Paradigm arranged financing and represents North American rights.

International rights are open in the run-up to Cannes on the story of a war veteran armed with a shotgun and one shell who must protect a child witness in a stand-off with an assassin.

Goldrushs Eric Gozlan and Lee Clay of First Point Entertainment are producing Standoff.

Adam Alleca makes his feature directorial debut. He wrote Home starring Topher Grace for Appian Way and Blumhouse Entertainment and Cell starring John Cusack and Sam Jackson for the Genre Company and Benaroya Pictures, both of which wrapped recently.

Jane stars in Somnia, which just sold to Relativity Media, and has completed filming on The Veil for Universal Pictures and Blumhouse. He stars in Vice opposite Bruce Willis for Lionsgate and Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and will next be seen in the miniseries Texas Rising for History.

Clay and Gozlan previously collaborated on Beautiful Boy starring Maria Bello and Michael Sheen.

Paradigm and Jamie Afifi at Ziffren Brittenham represent Jane, while UTA and Untitled Entertainment handle Alleca.

Woohoo I live just live 30 mins outside of Toronto....hmm, I wonder where in Ontarioooo?

Thomas Jane to star in Standoff

30 APRIL, 2014 | BY JEREMY KAY

Goldrush Entertainment is backing the thriller on the runway for a summer shoot in Ontario, Canada. Paradigm arranged financing and represents North American rights.

International rights are open in the run-up to Cannes on the story of a war veteran armed with a shotgun and one shell who must protect a child witness in a stand-off with an assassin.

Goldrushs Eric Gozlan and Lee Clay of First Point Entertainment are producing Standoff.

Adam Alleca makes his feature directorial debut. He wrote Home starring Topher Grace for Appian Way and Blumhouse Entertainment and Cell starring John Cusack and Sam Jackson for the Genre Company and Benaroya Pictures, both of which wrapped recently.

Jane stars in Somnia, which just sold to Relativity Media, and has completed filming on The Veil for Universal Pictures and Blumhouse. He stars in Vice opposite Bruce Willis for Lionsgate and Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and will next be seen in the miniseries Texas Rising for History.

Clay and Gozlan previously collaborated on Beautiful Boy starring Maria Bello and Michael Sheen.

Paradigm and Jamie Afifi at Ziffren Brittenham represent Jane, while UTA and Untitled Entertainment handle Alleca.

Woohoo I live in Ontario...I wonder where in Ontarioooo?

You are very lucky. Hey maybe you will get to meet him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thomas Jane is set to star in Standoff for first-time director Adam Alleca. He will play Carter, a troubled veteran who gets a chance at redemption by protecting a 12 year-old girl from an assassin after she witnesses a murder. Holding a shotgun with a single shell, he engages in physical and psychological warfare in a desperate fight for the girls life. Production is set to begin this summer in Ontario.

Wow, he is getting one flick after the other but I still have yet to see him in anything since Pawn Shop Chronicles :(. What happened to Red Machine(Endangered)? I love the name Carter. How funny, he will star in Standoff as Carter. He also played a Carter in Deep Blue Sea...remember that :). it soo suits him. So far all of his up and coming flicks all have interesting story plots with interesting characters... All I have to say is -- I can't wait to have a Thomas Jane fest! But c'monnn would you start already Movie Lords! LOL

It would be nice to meet him Joyce but I doubt they will reveal where in Ontario. I'm sure the sets will be tight with security.

Keep an eye out for casting listings. You never know, you might get a chance at being an extra.

I am with you on this. Tom as been in a lot of projects, but they are seemingly flow on release dates. Pretty soon we will be flooded with new movies.

Thomas Jane is set to star in Standoff for first-time director Adam Alleca. He will play Carter, a troubled veteran who gets a chance at redemption by protecting a 12 year-old girl from an assassin after she witnesses a murder. Holding a shotgun with a single shell, he engages in physical and psychological warfare in a desperate fight for the girls life. Production is set to begin this summer in Ontario.

Wow, he is getting one flick after the other but I still have yet to see him in anything since Pawn Shop Chronicles :(. What happened to Red Machine(Endangered)? I love the name Carter. How funny, he will star in Standoff as Carter. He also played a Carter in Deep Blue Sea...remember that :). it soo suits him. So far all of his up and coming flicks all have interesting story plots with interesting characters... All I have to say is -- I can't wait to have a Thomas Jane fest! But c'monnn would you start already Movie Lords! LOL

It would be nice to meet him Joyce but I doubt they will reveal where in Ontario. I'm sure the sets will be tight with security.

Your right security will be tight. But you can still dream. :rolleyes:

Keep an eye out for casting listings. You never know, you might get a chance at being an extra.

I am with you on this. Tom as been in a lot of projects, but they are seemingly flow on release dates. Pretty soon we will be flooded with new movies.

It is really frustrating he has done all those movies but none of them have I seen released it is like there dragging there feet. And we will be flooded with all his movies at once and not know which one to watch first.

I actually thought about that John. We shall have to wait & see if that is revealed anywhere. Unless TJ is around and tells us but I highly doubt it the guy is so flippin' busy! LOL

Good on him...he always did say one for his daughter (to keep the cash flow coming in) and one for him (the roles he chooses carefully for). Hmmm, I wonder out of all his upcoming flicks he truly desires to be in them?

RIGHT UP MY STREET THIS ONE!

There are a lot of great movies/TV shows coming out of Canada, and this film certainly sounds intriguing.

Sunshine....It would be amazing if you get the chance to meet TJ! You'll just have to find a way to make it happen. :ph34r:

Yeah it would be cool Rosella! So TJ, if you guys need any extras...you know where to find me :)

This is currently still a "go" and now Lawrence Fishburne has also signed on to play a role called "Sade"

This is currently still a "go" and now Lawrence Fishburne has also signed on to play a role called "Sade"

That's great news! I like Fishburne a lot. He taught Neo how to become the one. ;)

No he didn't he just showed him the path lol......

But yes that's a good co star for this one I can see him playing the lead cop directly opposite TJ here Im liking this one a lot so far.

No he didn't he just showed him the path lol......

But yes that's a good co star for this one I can see him playing the lead cop directly opposite TJ here Im liking this one a lot so far.

:lol: That's right. It was Neo's "destiny."

I used to think I'd be intimidated by meeting Fishburne, but now that I've seen him as a regular grandpa on black-ish, I'd still be intimidated by him. ^_^

hahahaha

Apparently this has now actually wrapped filming and is in post production............... Completely passed me by and it might not be accurate as its from IMDB which anyone can update.

Voltage pictures have now picked up the rights for Standoff for distribution. They have done a lot of Steven Segal films so will get a fair bit of noise.

Not sure how it is in the UK, but Segal films in the States are pretty much all direct to DVD. That might not be such a good thing ;)

Still, I hope it gets attention. I would like to see Tom finally get some of the credit he deserves. You have Stander, which was early on, but then you look at something like I Melt With You, and damn if he still doesn't have if. Tom is just consistantly good. The last few years have been quiet, so I am down with anything he has coming out, be it DTV or wide release.

I wish Hung would have lasted a few more seasons. Tom was getting a lot of attention from that (and not just about his penis ;) ). I loved the first two seasons. If had that type of dry humor that Alexander Payne is known for. I know that turned a lot of veiwers off, the most common complaint being the show was good and funny, but depressing. Season 3 gave them what they wanted. I think season 4 would have hit the tone perfectly. The last few episodes felt tonally perfect. I just wish it would have played out better.

That being said, I feel TV has come a long way, and a lot of great actors are getting noticed more from TV than films. The tides are turning, and with Tom having a sizable part on Expance and Texas Rising, I think things are going to start coming around. Good or bad, I'm there. I think Tom has a lot to show us yet.

I agree mate. TV is now much more scope and actors from main stream cinema are doing very well in TV shows that are produced with high quality and expectations and for the most part delivers on them (24, House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire) so I have to say im on board with Tom being on TV as I also agree he can turn his hand to pretty much any role and deliver.

The same is here in the UK with Seagal films that are all DTDVD but also seem to do well given the small budget involved and the wider ability to push more product through on DVD rather than cinema release in order to get a return on investment but as we all know it often inhabits the quality! Given how Tom is though in his own preparation even if the quality is poor im sure he will still stand out....Or Standoff (yeah I know it was bad but couldn't help it) :)

Synopsis released.......

"Carter (Thomas Jane), a troubled veteran who gets a second chance at redemption by protecting a 12 year old girl from an assassin after she witnesses a murder. Holding a shotgun with a single shell, he engages in physical and psychological warfare in a desperate fight for the girls survival."

Knew this one would be right up my street.

I've seen what may well be the first on line banner for this but cant upload. Ive asked John to put it up for me.

www.voltagepictures.com has a more detailed synopsis, poster and screen shot of Fishburne as "Sade"

Im really excited about this one.

Trailer is now on line. You Tube (cant post link) Search "Standoff trailer 2015"

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!!!!!

Trailer is now on line. You Tube (cant post link) Search "Standoff trailer 2015"

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!!!!!

OMGoodness!! I can't stop thinking about this movie!

Now, that's what I call PULSATING!!! B)