Sign in to follow this  
johnpweber

MONDO artist swipes Tim's Punisher

I saw the new Prometheus poster Mondo was suppose to put up for sale with week, and I saw the swipe instantly. Apparently do did others since Mondo pulled it instantly.

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2014/04/prometheus-marko-manev-poster-release.html

That really is not cool at all.

I saw the new Prometheus poster Mondo was suppose to put up for sale with week, and I saw the swipe instantly. Apparently do did others since Mondo pulled it instantly.

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2014/04/prometheus-marko-manev-poster-release.html

Grrr....That makes me so mad! :angry: If there's one thing I can't stand, it's when people try to pull off someone else's work as their own. To have it happen to one of our RAW leaders....That is really unacceptable.

It's a good thing it got removed, though. It just goes to show how people know a Bradstreet when they see one.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm just happy Mondo did what they did. I liked them before, love them now, and I think it's very cool the way they have handled the situation. I also think it's kind of sad that an artist like Marko chose to do that.

It was kind of a mess for Mondo, but they really stepped up. As soon as it was pointed out, they pulled it. Not too many people would do that that fast.

As for Marko, I've seen some of his work, I and really dig some of it. Too bad he had to pull this. It's been pretty well documented on this site that I love Prometheus (even with it's flaws, though I really think it comes down to one bad scene, and that's it) so not only is it sad to see this happen to Tim's work, but for a film I love. In all honesty, there is so much fertile ground in that film, and Mondo is pretty good at getting some pretty intense artwork, I did find it kind of lacking. It's nice, but I think it could have been so much more. Some of the fan posters that came a year before the film was released were pretty damn amazing.

And here I was hoping Tom was going to be cast in Prometheus 2 ;)

Wouldn't that be ironic? And you know what? That could actually happen.