Rosella

TV Talk - What Are You Watching?

I have not seen anything that I am aware of from the guy playing Constantine, but the look of it feels a lot like Tim's covers. Then again, there was Warzone...

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

I have not heard if The Strain has been renewed, but I would think so. Almost finished up with the final book and loving it so far.

As for True Detective, I love that Colin Farrell is attached. I think he is a great actor who wound up taking the wrong path. I think he is a bit more focused now. As for Vince Vaughn, I really liked his work in Swingers, he tried a few things after, but now that he's made a name for himself, he's just a one trick pony. I really don't care for him, and feel this is a bad casting choice. I would love to be proven wrong, but all I can hear is his annoying whiny voice.

How is Constantine? Worth watching?

Don't worry, John.......The Strain has been renewed for a 2nd season. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/19/the-strain-season-2/ You can rest easier now knowing that. ^_^

I like Colin Farrell. He got himself into some trouble, but you're right. He doesn't seem to be making the bad scene of gossip magazines anymore.

I really like Vince Vaughn, but I don't know how Farrell will even be able to get a word in around him.

My introduction to Vaughn was seeing him in Domestic Disturbance. When he took the comedy route, I hopped on board.

The only time I didn't like him was when he appeared on Dinner for Five. You just get a bit of a sense that he would be a dialogue hog. If I remember correctly, I believe Peter Falk called him something similar on the show.

Here ya go, John.......Dedicated to you just because you mentioned his voice. ;)

I saw Ron Perlman's episodes of The Blacklist. He was good on it. They could've utilized him better. I expected him to be their worst baddie yet, but he wasn't exactly jaw-drop shock bad. This season of The Blacklist isn't exciting enough. I'm still watching it for James Spader. I guess.

I watched the premiere of The Slap. It's an okay show. It's not what I'd call a must-see. I'm not really sure why they got all of these stars together to make it, but it's something to watch. They consider it controversial, most likely just to get ratings.

I spent my Sunday night watchingL SNL (7-11:30pm). That's a lot of TV to consume. :P I enjoyed it. I think they presented the right mixture of past clips and new skits. Seeing Will Ferrell & Norm MacDonald reprise their roles as Alex Trebek & Burt Reynolds was just one of the greatest things ever. :lol:

Did anyone else watch SNL 40? Thoughts?

Finished watching Fargo which was brilliant. Then onto watching Suits. Now I'm in the middle of watching Mad Men. Too bad TJ didn't consider being Don Draper. Could of so seen him in that role...especially kissing all sorts of women :)

Also enjoyed watching Satisfaction.

Taped SNL40...haven't had a chance to see it yet...can't wait!

Better Call Saul is about the only thing I am watching now. Took a job promotion at work, and the hours are killing me. Still waiting for help, so my time is limited. I really like it. I've always like the character, and Bob O. does such a great job.

Indie, still not not watched much of Constantine. Way behind.

Anyone see that Bruce and Sam are "going" to do an Evil Dead series? I think it will be on Netflix. I guess they are both out of work now, so I just might happen.

JW...good for you on the promotion! Vikings starts back up tonight...really looking forward to it

Lance Henriksen is filming his 3rd episode of Blacklist this week and I believe he has more coming. I had the chance to spend the day with him last weekend. More on that later=)

I'm definitely enjoying the Vikings, I'm even trying for that walk on role for the show. I think I am in 9th place so far...

Mike

Finished watching Fargo which was brilliant. Then onto watching Suits. Now I'm in the middle of watching Mad Men. Too bad TJ didn't consider being Don Draper. Could of so seen him in that role...especially kissing all sorts of women :)

Also enjoyed watching Satisfaction.

Taped SNL40...haven't had a chance to see it yet...can't wait!

I really want to see Fargo. I've heard/read a lot of great things about it.

TJ as Don Draper.....Oh what could've been... :wub:

Better Call Saul is about the only thing I am watching now. Took a job promotion at work, and the hours are killing me. Still waiting for help, so my time is limited. I really like it. I've always like the character, and Bob O. does such a great job.

Indie, still not not watched much of Constantine. Way behind.

Anyone see that Bruce and Sam are "going" to do an Evil Dead series? I think it will be on Netflix. I guess they are both out of work now, so I just might happen.

Congrats on the promotion, John!! :D

Bob Odenkirk has done so much prior to Breaking Bad but Saul seems to be the character of his that has a mega fan following. Good for him, I say! I love Odenkirk.

Ash vs Evil Dead....Yes! It's funny how Bruce always thought no one would want to see an old Ash & would laugh at the idea of returning to playing that character. But it's happening, & it'll actually be on Starz towards the end of this year.

JW...good for you on the promotion! Vikings starts back up tonight...really looking forward to it

Vikings....Who's on that show & what about it do you find most appealing, sinn?

Lance Henriksen is filming his 3rd episode of Blacklist this week and I believe he has more coming. I had the chance to spend the day with him last weekend. More on that later=)

I'm definitely enjoying the Vikings, I'm even trying for that walk on role for the show. I think I am in 9th place so far...

Mike

Lance Henriksen is going to be on The Blacklist? Great! Just when I was going to give up on watching it (not enough Spader & too much bad writing). <_< The FBI agents always get captured. Always. & it looks like his first ep airs this Thursday. Okay. I'll watch it for Henriksen.

Well, I'm looking forward to that story. :)

Vikings walk-on role? 9th place? What'chu talkin' 'bout, Mike?

Vikings has a lot of familiar faces...travis fimmel plays the main character ragnar. what I like about the show is its depth. it could have just gone straight for raping and pillaging but chose character development insted

still watching the walking dead! come on 9pm!

Vikings has a lot of familiar faces...travis fimmel plays the main character ragnar. what I like about the show is its depth. it could have just gone straight for raping and pillaging but chose character development insted

That's great that the show has more to it than just what it sounds like it'd be. It's in its 3rd season, so it must be maintaining viewership fairly well.

still watching the walking dead! come on 9pm!

The Walking Dead still has my interest. But the spin-off does not.

Lance Henriksen was barely in last week's episode of The Blacklist. :( I know he's coming back, so I hope he gets to be in them more.

BUT seeing Jeffrey DeMunn was a nice surprise. & his character was unlike anything I've seen him play before. So at least, he made the episode worth watching.

Spader's Reddington was showcased more than he's been lately, so that's good. This probably would be my fave episode of the season thus far.

Okay.....The Last Man on Earth.....Is anyone watching this HILARIOUS show? Will Forte is a comedic genius! :lol:

i'll give the walking dead spin off a go. it starts this summer...not like much else will be on? other than that I am watching Spartacus again...1st season still my fav! Andy Whitfield was a huge talent...and missed

Lately, I've been obsessed with Wayward Pines. Anyone watching that? It's a strange show starring Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino, & Toby Jones and boy, is it full of surprises!! When I watch it, though, I wish TJ could've been on it. I don't know. He just seems like he'd fit in with the town. As a character! Not in real life. Well...maybe.....;)

True Detective Season 2. I don't care what anyone says Im enjoying the hell out of it. Strikeback came back this weekend and I caught that too. Strong season opener, very cool.

True Detective Season 2. I don't care what anyone says Im enjoying the hell out of it. Strikeback came back this weekend and I caught that too. Strong season opener, very cool.

I don't get why so many people dislike True Detective Season 2. I haven't seen it, so I can't share my own personal views, but a lot of people seem to hate it but still feel compelled to watch. I guess it's like my relationship with The Blacklist. Nothing ever improved on that show, and yet I found myself watching it just to see James Spader.

& now I'm watching The Extant, which is a really weird show, all because it has David Morrissey. It's hard to get into, especially considering I missed Season 1. Again, the writing is fairly bad, but there I am, watching it just to see an actor I like. Plus, it's the summer. Not a whole lot of excitement going on.

Season 2 doesn't grab you like Season 1. I found myself looking for clues, looking for something pulpy, looking for great performances and interesting characters and really, all the characters were pretty unlikable at first, but it was True Detective and I was determined to stick it out. I ended up really liking their arcs and finding I enjoy the show as much as the first but for completely different reasons. Season 1 had a lot of Louisiana in the very flavor of the show. Season 2 is the same. You really feel like your in California. I think maybe some of the performances suffered because their were more characters and more going on so it made it hard to glom on to one persons struggle but eventually it happens and it worked really well. Ive enjoyed it am looking forward to tonight.

I've been sticking with Wayward Pines for a 2nd season. It's not as intriguing or shocking as the 1st, but it has its moments.

But I LOVE BrainDead!! Has anyone seen it? It's about bugs entering people's heads & feasting on the brains of politicians......It's hilarious! :lol: & with this crazy election year, it's timing couldn't be more perfect. Mary Elizabeth Winstead & Tony Shaloub star on it. It's pretty graphic (for network TV, anyway) -- exploding heads & parts of brains falling out of ears. But it's a really clever & interesting show. WATCH IT!!

PRISON BREAK is back & feels just as exciting as always! & it sure feels nice seeing T-bag, again. Although, I'm not sure how a guy like that got released from prison. ?

But hey, even though the show loves faking deaths, it still provides many edge-of-your seat thrills. ?