Rosella

TV Talk - What Are You Watching?

Instead of creating a thread for every single new (& old) television show, I thought it'd be nice to have one place where we can discuss ANY & EVERY TV SHOW EVER MADE. Now, if you feel a show is worthy of its own thread, then by all means, start one. I'm only saying that I don't want to start a new topic every time I want to praise or complain about a show. :)

Whether you're watching reruns of a classic or introducing yourself to new characters of current programming, I want to know about it. Do you have a show you like that's exclusive to your country? Tell us what it is. Are you waiting for a certain season to be released on Blu-ray/DVD? Great! What is it? Maybe others are waiting, too. Or dig even deeper and talk about the shows you watched when you were young(er). ;) Maybe that could make for interesting conversation. Are you missing shows? Really? Me, too! Which ones? Did one of your shows get cancelled because that petition you signed didn't go through? Then, I want to know about that, as well.

Favorite shows? Favorite episodes? Favorite characters? So many favorites, just one little thread! B)

Remember: I said ANY AND ALL THINGS TV RELATED (what?....I didn't say that exactly?....well, now I just did).

So, let's talk TV.....Okay, I'll start with a question.

Did anyone see the How I Met Your Mother series finale? If so, thoughts? Comments?

No? Then, what are you watching?

And, as always, use caution when you speak (write (type)). If you're going to post spoilers, then please begin by saying Spoiler Alert! so people who don't want to know about things won't have to.

I am pretty excited the series Under the Dome is coming back on in june. It is based on a Stephen King book. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I still watch Grimm, only it just moves way too fast this season, with two parallel storylines (the Scooby pack in Portland and the royal baby / Hexen etc in Europe) which will likely collide this week.

I love The Voice and I am obsessed with Hannibal!

I am pretty excited the series Under the Dome is coming back on in june. It is based on a Stephen King book. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i saw a few episodes of the first season. I thought it was pretty good. I knew Stephen King wrote the book, but I haven't read it, yet. Have you? I'd be curious to know how well the show reflects the novel.

I still watch Grimm, only it just moves way too fast this season, with two parallel storylines (the Scooby pack in Portland and the royal baby / Hexen etc in Europe) which will likely collide this week.

I love The Voice and I am obsessed with Hannibal!

I've only seen one episode of Grimm this time around (pathetic, I know), and that was the one called The Show Must Go On guest-starring Carlo Rota. I haven't made time to watch any of the other episodes, so I am way behind. Too fast, you say? I wonder why they're rushing things.

I used to watch The Voice just to see Adam Levine and Carson Daly. I even voted, so Team Adam would win. But I always felt like the next season would begin too soon after the previous one, so I stopped watching. What season are they on currently?

I haven't seen one episode of Hannibal, but that will change, because my buddy Chris Diamantopoulos is guest-starring this season, so I will be watching that episode.

The show I'm counting down to seeing..........24: Live Another Day. Jack is coming back! Yeah, baby! B)

One TV show that I can't get enough of is Mr. Selfridge. The show is currently on its 2nd season (for US audiences). It's got an excellent cast. And I believe it's Jeremy Piven at his finest.

Learn more about Jack Bauer & 24: Live Another Day in a Q&A with Kiefer Sutherland conducted by Anne Bayley. :wub:

http://twocentstv.com/twocents-questions-kiefer-sutherland-24/

One of the best interviews I've ever read!

Guest AdminGuyX

Longmire just came back on the air. I love that show. Very happy it picked up right where last season left off. And it was great to see more of Gerald McRaney. They should make him a regular.

I've been watching 24: Live Another Day and really enjoying that too. The series was hit or miss with me, but overall I liked it. This has been much the same. I do like seeing Yvonne Strahovski as sort of a female version of Jack. That's been cool.

I'm also a big Castle fan. Nathan Fillion carries that show in a way not many actors could do. It's a smarter show than it has a right to be, and I have truckloads of respect for any creative team that keeps things fresh and interesting AFTER the leads become romantic. They have not let it effect the dynamic of the show, they are not falling into the silly traps so many other great shows have fallen into.

I watch a lot of shows on History Channel, The Military Channel, and Sportsman Channel, and Outdoor TV. Well, I should say I record them on the DVR with good intentions, and then never find the time to watch most of them.

Longmire just came back on the air. I love that show. Very happy it picked up right where last season left off. And it was great to see more of Gerald McRaney. They should make him a regular.

I've been watching 24: Live Another Day and really enjoying that too. The series was hit or miss with me, but overall I liked it. This has been much the same. I do like seeing Yvonne Strahovski as sort of a female version of Jack. That's been cool.

I'm also a big Castle fan. Nathan Fillion carries that show in a way not many actors could do. It's a smarter show than it has a right to be, and I have truckloads of respect for any creative team that keeps things fresh and interesting AFTER the leads become romantic. They have not let it effect the dynamic of the show, they are not falling into the silly traps so many other great shows have fallen into.

I watch a lot of shows on History Channel, The Military Channel, and Sportsman Channel, and Outdoor TV. Well, I should say I record them on the DVR with good intentions, and then never find the time to watch most of them.

I haven’t seen any episode of Longmire & only a few of Castle. Nathan Fillion is okay. He hasn’t completely won me over. But I’m glad the show has exceeded your expectations.
I’ve seen every single episode of 24; I’m a BIG Jack Bauer fan. To me, he’s the best character on television, and certainly one of the most iconic ones. So getting into 24: Live Another Day was a no-brainer. A lot of people say that 24 lost some momentum along the way, including people who worked on the show. I don’t know. I’ve always enjoyed the ride. Sure, there have been characters who I didn’t like, but I’ve never felt that any part of 24 lost its excitement & thrills. Could be because I went into the show having an acting crush on Kiefer, & his appearance on screen makes my heart race. Who knows?
Yes! At first, my thought of a female Jack Bauer was like….C’mon! Yeah, never gonna work. But you know what? I really like their choice. Yvonne Strahovski can bring it & take it. To get sedated, stabbed, drenched, shocked, & still be able to choke a baddie with her legs…..That’s impressive. B)
When it comes to recording shows, I’m the same way. I record more than I watch. I got so behind in watching that I had to stop recording. So now, if I don’t see a show when it’s on TV or online, then I just wait for the DVD or don't see it at all. Too many shows, too little time.

Watched the premier of Under the Dome tonight and I think it is going to be better then last season. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just finished up Penny Dreadful. Not earth shattering but still very cool. Amazing work from Eva Green.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next seasons of, Homeland, Banshee, Strikeback, The Red Road, and of course the amazing True Detective.

Watched the premier of Under the Dome tonight and I think it is going to be better then last season. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw the previews for it. All I can wonder is....WHAT is going on in that dome!? :blink:

Just finished up Penny Dreadful. Not earth shattering but still very cool. Amazing work from Eva Green.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next seasons of, Homeland, Banshee, Strikeback, The Red Road, and of course the amazing True Detective.

Are they getting new leads for True Detective? Who would you love to see join the show?

LOTS of rumors circulating about a leaked script, (I hate when that shit happens) and if its to be believed there will be one male lead and some other smaller main roles, which sort of contradicts what Pizzolatto said in his last interview on the subject but really until HBO announces solid news on cast I don't really care. I don't care one way or another and I don't really want to know anything about it until I see the first episode air.

I thought the show was really a perfect storm of vision and execution. If you havnt read Galveston, you should check it out. Great book by Nick Pizzolatto.

I do know the the director or maybe the cinematographer has moved on and is not planning to return, which really bums me out because I thought that the way it was shot really gave the show a heavy atmosphere that really help it breathe and come alive. Like as a viewer you were watching this unfold from a diner around the corner instead of home in your living room.

Guest AdminGuyX

Recently gave The Last Ship a try because of Adam Baldwin. I don't think the show will be on for very long. It's pretty awful IMHO. The first episode was a barely stitched together story that played more like a recruiting commercial for the Navy than an hour of episodic TV. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind that kind of stuff as long as the story works.

The new season of Falling Skies has been an almost immediate disappointment for me. I enjoyed the show last season. This season started strangely and has had a very odd storyline so far. One of the writers from BSG is now the showrunner and it's pretty obvious that somebody new is running things, and that they worked on BSG. All kinds of magic and mysticism was introduced after an alien/human hybrid child grew to an adult in a week or something, changed her hair style, and started spouting non violence from her incense filled sitting room decorated in all manner of kanji. It's kind of sad when a show about bearing arms against an invasion and fighting for your right to exist starts in on that kind of shit.

Only 1 more episode of 24. Very sad. It's been a great "season".

Watched Under the Dome last night and it just keeps getting better and better. And saw Stephen King in the one episode. Some people don't realize but you always see him at least once in all of the movies they do on his books. Pretty cool. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOTS of rumors circulating about a leaked script, (I hate when that shit happens) and if its to be believed there will be one male lead and some other smaller main roles, which sort of contradicts what Pizzolatto said in his last interview on the subject but really until HBO announces solid news on cast I don't really care. I don't care one way or another and I don't really want to know anything about it until I see the first episode air.

I thought the show was really a perfect storm of vision and execution. If you havnt read Galveston, you should check it out. Great book by Nick Pizzolatto.

I do know the the director or maybe the cinematographer has moved on and is not planning to return, which really bums me out because I thought that the way it was shot really gave the show a heavy atmosphere that really help it breathe and come alive. Like as a viewer you were watching this unfold from a diner around the corner instead of home in your living room.

Yeah, sometimes it's best to go blind into a show, as opposed to reading every spoiler out there. I'm a season behind for The Walking Dead, but I subscribe to EW, which loves telling me everything that happens even if I don't want to know. So when I watch, I'm usually like, "Knew he'd get killed...Knew she'd get it, too." It's a little frustrating to not always feel the "shock" but at the same time, I still just enjoy experiencing the show for myself.

It's tough when someone begins working behind a show, then leaves. The show loses some of its essence when that happens.

Galveston -- I have not read it, but I will now. :)

Recently gave The Last Ship a try because of Adam Baldwin. I don't think the show will be on for very long. It's pretty awful IMHO. The first episode was a barely stitched together story that played more like a recruiting commercial for the Navy than an hour of episodic TV. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind that kind of stuff as long as the story works.

The new season of Falling Skies has been an almost immediate disappointment for me. I enjoyed the show last season. This season started strangely and has had a very odd storyline so far. One of the writers from BSG is now the showrunner and it's pretty obvious that somebody new is running things, and that they worked on BSG. All kinds of magic and mysticism was introduced after an alien/human hybrid child grew to an adult in a week or something, changed her hair style, and started spouting non violence from her incense filled sitting room decorated in all manner of kanji. It's kind of sad when a show about bearing arms against an invasion and fighting for your right to exist starts in on that kind of shit.

Only 1 more episode of 24. Very sad. It's been a great "season".

Yes...I know exactly what it's like to watch a show for the love the actor and feel disappointed by what the writers do with it. Ex. The Blacklist (ugh...poor Spader)

See....Falling Skies has been a show I've thought of getting into, but again, the changing of showrunners is a turnoff.

I know.....This short season of 24 has gone by so fast. The pacing of the show has made it go from audience knows something to Jack knows it in the blink of an eye. & man, is Jack getting madder & meaner....And I like it. ;)

And the fact that he referred to Mark Boudreau (Tate Donovan) as an "idiot" just made me laugh.... :lol:

Watched Under the Dome last night and it just keeps getting better and better. And saw Stephen King in the one episode. Some people don't realize but you always see him at least once in all of the movies they do on his books. Pretty cool. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stephen King likes to bee seen. Who did he play?

Anyone anticipating any new fall shows?

I am!......I can't wait to see Gotham!

Anyone anticipating any new fall shows?

I am!......I can't wait to see Gotham!

Oh yes! I would like to see Gotham. I like origin stories. And I look forward to the return of Sleepy Hollow, although I lost a bit at the end of the last season. :blink:

Oh yes! I would like to see Gotham. I like origin stories. And I look forward to the return of Sleepy Hollow, although I lost a bit at the end of the last season. :blink:

Origin stories are tricky. They can either do the series proud or disappoint. I'm hoping that Gotham will deliver the goods. If there was a TV series today about Clark Kent or Peter Parker's origins, I wouldn't be interested. But it's Bruce Wayne! Bruce Wayne! And I can't deny it, but the casting of Ben McKenzie also has my attention. I fell for his puppy dog eyes when we was on The O.C. (a show I still rewatch).

I haven't seen an episode of Sleepy Hollow, but I'm guessing the show must be doing well since it's getting a 2nd season on Fox.

Well, I'm 2 episodes in on Gotham, and I gotta say....I like what I've seen thus far. But not for the reasons I thought I would. Turns out......Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) aka Penguin-to-be is a scene-stealing machine. He's my favorite character on the show!

The premiere made me giggle a little, because the way they announced each character by name as if the audience isn't in on who's who. "I'm Jim Gordon"....."He's Jim Gordon"......."In case you didn't know, I'm Jim Gordon."....."James Gordon, my new partner." It was a tad too much.

And I didn't particularly like the way the kid said that he's Bruce Wayne. To me, he should've just said Bruce. The boy just saw his parents get killed. Why would he be so formal?

In the second installment, Frank Whaley was a real treat. I always enjoy seeming him, especially as a baddie. What is it with me & villains? ^_^

Anyone else watching Gotham?

No Gotham for me, but I am currently in Sons of Anarchy and The Strain. I loved the books for The Strain, and the show is pretty good too. Wondering how far the show will go. The end of the second book really surprised me. Still need to finish the last one. Only a few chapters to go.

Sons of Anarchy is in it's final season. Still not sure where it is going to go, but it's not looking like anyone is going to get a happy ending (well, maybe Tig ;) ).

I am courious how Constantine will be. Looking forward to that one.

No Gotham for me, but I am currently in Sons of Anarchy and The Strain. I loved the books for The Strain, and the show is pretty good too. Wondering how far the show will go. The end of the second book really surprised me. Still need to finish the last one. Only a few chapters to go.

Sons of Anarchy is in it's final season. Still not sure where it is going to go, but it's not looking like anyone is going to get a happy ending (well, maybe Tig ;) ).

I am courious how Constantine will be. Looking forward to that one.

I've heard good things said about The Strain. Has it already been renewed?

It's smart for a show like Sons of Anarchy to end while it's on top. I haven't seen one episode of it. I know. I know. I should watch it.

You'll have to tell us your thoughts on the series finale when it comes up.

I'm not too familiar with the guy who's playing Constantine. Have you seen anything of his before?

Vince Vaughn & Colin Farrell taking over True Detective -- To me, it sounds intriguing. Thoughts, anyone?

I have not seen anything that I am aware of from the guy playing Constantine, but the look of it feels a lot like Tim's covers. Then again, there was Warzone...

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

I have not heard if The Strain has been renewed, but I would think so. Almost finished up with the final book and loving it so far.

As for True Detective, I love that Colin Farrell is attached. I think he is a great actor who wound up taking the wrong path. I think he is a bit more focused now. As for Vince Vaughn, I really liked his work in Swingers, he tried a few things after, but now that he's made a name for himself, he's just a one trick pony. I really don't care for him, and feel this is a bad casting choice. I would love to be proven wrong, but all I can hear is his annoying whiny voice.

Guest AdminGuyX

Whew. Last night's season premiere of The Walking Dead was fantastic. I really enjoyed the fact that they didn't spend the entire season at Terminus. Though I suspect the season will play out with the consequences of what happened in this episode since some of the terminus characters are going to be back. Great after credit scene too. I don't want to say more and spoil it for anybody.

I really disliked the first episode of Gotham, mostly because it felt very cliche. Taking a cop hostage in a precinct, with Gordon talking him down. It was bad. Most of the dialogue was poorly done I felt. But it's Donal Logue, and that guy is worth watching, so I stuck around and I enjoyed the second episode. A lot more naturalistic on the acting front, and the writing was better. So I'll give the series a shot. I have a feeling it will be hit or miss for me. The guy playing Gordon is not an actor I care for.

Sons of Anarchy has sort of become "Jax kills (or beats to a bloody pulp) all the extras and guests stars, while the main cast remains unscathed, and the narrative untouched" which I find to be mildly frustrating. It reminds me a lot of The Shield's final season, where you're waiting for everything to crack open and change utterly and it never really did. I have a feeling though SOA will not go that route. I'm still enjoying the show though and I will miss it.

There is not enough mature, intelligent programing on the air to be losing stuff like this and Longmire. But that's TV.

True Detective could certainly scratch that itch.

SOA took about 3 episodes before I really got into it this year. I'm still excited about it, but I'm with you on Jax. At this point, I am more worried about Tig than what's going to happen to Jax ;)

Sutter has a knack for bringing it around. I'm kind of thinking it's going to end with Nero, Wendy and the kids. There were two nods in the last 4 episodes. I hate to speculate, I've been enjoying the ride so far.

Whew. Last night's season premiere of The Walking Dead was fantastic. I really enjoyed the fact that they didn't spend the entire season at Terminus. Though I suspect the season will play out with the consequences of what happened in this episode since some of the terminus characters are going to be back. Great after credit scene too. I don't want to say more and spoil it for anybody.

I really disliked the first episode of Gotham, mostly because it felt very cliche. Taking a cop hostage in a precinct, with Gordon talking him down. It was bad. Most of the dialogue was poorly done I felt. But it's Donal Logue, and that guy is worth watching, so I stuck around and I enjoyed the second episode. A lot more naturalistic on the acting front, and the writing was better. So I'll give the series a shot. I have a feeling it will be hit or miss for me. The guy playing Gordon is not an actor I care for.

Sons of Anarchy has sort of become "Jax kills (or beats to a bloody pulp) all the extras and guests stars, while the main cast remains unscathed, and the narrative untouched" which I find to be mildly frustrating. It reminds me a lot of The Shield's final season, where you're waiting for everything to crack open and change utterly and it never really did. I have a feeling though SOA will not go that route. I'm still enjoying the show though and I will miss it.

There is not enough mature, intelligent programing on the air to be losing stuff like this and Longmire. But that's TV.

True Detective could certainly scratch that itch.

If you ever feel the need to share a spoiler, feel free to do so. Just warn us or blackout the text.

Yes, there were cliches on Gotham. I think that's the case for a lot of procedural dramas. But I see your point. You expected something amazing & was given a rerun with new faces. My brother likes Ben McKenzie, and even he likes to bring up how he's so replaceable. Me? I'm just waiting for him to grow a mustache or something. The Penguin is the best reason to watch this show, hands down.

A show like SOA can't go on forever, Noeland. Eventually, people would get tired of it. There's always a chance for spin-offs.

Which raises a great question........What do you guys/gals think of spin-offs -- yay? nay? depends?

I for one never watched The Practice, but I became a big fan of Boston Legal. I didn't really enjoy Cheers, but I love Frasier.

Any of you ever get into a spin-off but avoided or missed the original series?

I'm not sure why they need a Walking Dead spin-off. Oh yeah. More money. :mellow:

SOA took about 3 episodes before I really got into it this year. I'm still excited about it, but I'm with you on Jax. At this point, I am more worried about Tig than what's going to happen to Jax ;)

Sutter has a knack for bringing it around. I'm kind of thinking it's going to end with Nero, Wendy and the kids. There were two nods in the last 4 episodes. I hate to speculate, I've been enjoying the ride so far.

It's interesting how you're a fan of the series and can admit that it's not as great as before. What makes you keep watching, then?

As for me.....I am not liking The Blacklist. I tell ya....I love James Spader & only watch the show for him. The writers are the worst. The cast is pretty terrible when it comes to acting. I find myself cringing at moments because I can't believe how bad it is & keeps getting. And, yet.....I spend every Monday night, watching it...... :blink: All for James Spader. That is one long hour.

I've been watching Gracepoint. I like it. It's not the best show on TV, but it does keep me guessing. I don't know who to trust, and I don't know who the killer is. Seeing Nick Nolte every week reminds me of a certain western movie (hmmmmmm....I wonder). ;)