Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

Jack Reacher

OK, Ive just seen this (am a big fan of Lee Child books so have been putting it off) did anyone else think that it was the wrost mis cast movie in the history of mankind?? - Not that it wasnt a bad film as actually it was ok but good god TOM CRUISE???? Jack Reacher is 6 ft 5 and 250lbs they might has well cast my 8 year old daughter..... TJ would have done a mkuch better job!

Haven't read the books. But I thought it was one of Cruise's better performances in a while. Kicked some serious ass aswell.

Having said that. Tom would have fit the part like a glove. Philip Winchester would also be a great Reacher. IMO.

Oh the guy from Strke Back, yeah that would have been good. Also Dolph Lundgren would have walked that part!!, you need to read the books there are really good.

I've said it before on here, and I'll post it, again....They got the wrong Tom. :(

I love Lee Child's books! I've read most, not all. I was excited when I found out about a movie about Jack Reacher. Then, I saw who got cast, watched the trailer, and lost interest. It's not that I don't like Tom Cruise. As long as he's not jumping on a sofa, he's an okay guy. I love the Mission: Impossible movies. I just saw Rain Man again the other day; it's a classic & features my favorite performances by those two (Cruise & Hoffman) But when T-Cruise starts making explosive movie after explosive movie, they start looking too similar.

Cruise was a great Jack Reacher,For what he lacked in size he translated to brute ruthless drive and savage beat downs..Every bit Jack Reacher.

I was presently surprised. The film was really good. Cruise did a great job, but lets not forget Christopher McQuarrie. The guy knows how to do tough guys. Way of the Gun is far under-rated.

I just got done reading the first Jack Reacher book, and yeah, I'd say Tom Cruise was miscast based on physical appearence, but he got the attitude down pat. I hope they keep this series going.

Guest AdminGuyX

I thought the film was good too. I'm a rabid McQuarrie fan though. I think he's one of the best writer/directors currently working in Hollywood. I also have not read any of the books, though I plan to now.

I also agree that TJ would have brought something unique to the role. I thought Cruise did well though. There is a behind the scenes interview with Cruise where he talks about being willing to only produce the film if Lee Child and McQuarrie insist that the role must be cast by someone taller and blonde. Of course neither of them did. I doubt Cruise hears the word NO very often.

I watched this shortly after seeing Oblivion. Which I also enjoyed quite a bit. If I'm not careful, I might become a Tom Cruise fan!

I have a copy of it but just can't bring myself to watch it yet?

Looks like there's a lot of votes for liking it. Hmmmmmm....maybe I'll watch Jack Reacher if I ever get around to it. ^_^

I did anticipate the movie before knowing there'd be a movie.

ok, I watched it...

Yeah? Come on, add your thoughts.

afew good men with guns! that's the best I got right now

I'm excited that they just hired McQuarrie to direct MI:5. The second is by far the weakest (which is sad. It's John Woo). I still stick by the first, but I love de Palma. I think McQuarrie can bring back that flavor, and add a little punch to it.

I really hope they do more Reacher films. I'm not sure what the budget was on this film, I think lower budgets would work better for these types of film. Keep them down and dirty.