Tim Bradstreet

"Archetype" the new Tim Bradstreet Art Book

Here, here, brother!!! If you don't mind, I'm gonna appropriate this and post it on my site.

Thank goodness for Amazon's worldwide shipping. I'd hate for folks abroad to have no access to this book.

Thanks to Amazon and the internet now everyone can enjoy this big bastard.

I heard from someone yesterday that ordered on Amazon and received their book the NEXT DAY.

No express overnight, just regular shipping. Obviously they must have been in the continental US ;)

Good to know they are getting the books out so fast, probably not overnight in every case but sounds like it's getting to people quick.

Obviously Amazon offers a nice discount on the book, and that's great. I know I'd look for the cheapest price.

But for anyone wanting to order and help me and the publisher out the most, then we hope you order the book from the Desperado site.

The link is not yet up but as soon as it is I'll post it here for anyone who is comfortable going a little above and beyond to help us out.

Contrary to what folks might think, neither Joe (the publisher/co-designer) nor I are rolling in dough. In fact, we're just hard working shlubs who fight just like you all do to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. The printing alone cost Joe over $30,000.00, and that's for just 3,500 books, a very small print run. Believe me, Joe is a very small publisher and 30 grand is a whole fucking helluva lot to a guy like him.

If you order direct from us that means we make retail instead of only 40%, even less with some mass markets. That's the best way to support us if you are into that. We would sincerely appreciate it.

Link soon.

And thanks to all once again.

- TB

Cheers Fred!

Love to get your thoughts when you have a chance to fully digest the entire book, as opposed to just getting to see some of the pictures ;)

Be sure and drop back in after you've fully dosed yourself :)

- tb

I just received the book and IT'S-DA-SHIT!!!

Joe Pruett is a KING among editors, and I really hope this baby outsells so we can see more top-class artists get the Desperado Treatment.

Really look forward for Jusko's book.

Just received my copy yesterday and I can't believe it, but it EXCEEDED my expectations.

I found myself throughout the evening just flipping it open to a new page and looking at a couple pages at a time just to soak it all in slowly, even though I wanted to just devour the book all at once.

Congratulations Tim, this is the treatment your artwork deserves. I've been a fan of yours since the hellblazer covers, and even though i've followed you faithfully, getting a chance to see all this artwork really makes me appreciate a guy like you who has devoted himself to the craft the way you have.

Here's to many more years (and volumes) of great artwork from you!

Tim,

Just like to tell how impressed I am with Archetype - it was well worth the wait, beautifully done and nice and fucking thick just the way I like art books to be! Awesome, simply awesome!

Pete

My copy finally came in the mail today. It's such a gorgeous book.

Now the pressure is on, Tim, you have to come up with something to write in it that tops what you wrote in my MAXIMUM BLACK hardcover. Sharpen the claws, sir, 'cause this is a tall order!

Awesome news guys.

One thing I'm particularly pleased with is the printing . . .

It is a tad dark, but nothing compared to how horribly a lot of the Punisher Max run printed.

DC was always pretty good with Hellbazer, but a lot of the work in that book is being shown how it SHOULD look for the first time.

My own jpegs are the best representations (barring the low res), but Archetype is the next best thing. Just wish I'd have had permission and room to put in more stuff from Marvel and DC.

I love hearing the comments so please keep 'em comin' ;)

xo - TB

PS - Bri - Never fear. I will top the first personalization in spades, heheh.

So Marvel and DC gave permission, but put a limit on how much you could use? Or was the 10 pound weight of the book the limitation?

You know, you better be careful, this massive thing could be used as a weapon and you could be charged as an accessory.

Yeah, I was limited as to the amount of images I could use from Marvel and DC.

- tb

I just got my copy today! I was up all night, waiting in anticipation for the mail to arrive today and the sleepless night was worth it. So far the read is great. I love the "behind the scenes" and backgrounds of how Tim got jobs. If you even "kind of like" Tim's work, pick this up. The book is chock full of images and text spanning Tim's career. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because right now, my mind can not absorb it all. Tim, you and Desperado knocked this one out of the park!

Just finished going through my copy, big guy!!!! What a great book! I'm so totally proud of you, dude!!! It's one of the nicest books I've seen in years! (even if you did neglect to mention that I have that Gangland bathroom cover original hanging over the toilet in my guest bathroom)! LOL

I got my copy yesterday and just had a chance to finish going through it.

Seriously - anyone who even remotely enjoys Tim's work needs to own a copy of this book. As a fan, it's must have. There is so much work in there that I hadn't seen before, and the way the book is put together is just beautiful.

I may be just a little biased but my favorite page has to be 164. Pretty thrilled by that, Tim!

Cheers Adam, appreciate the kind words.

I'm especially proud of that cover excerpt on page 164 myself.

Dude, for me that one is a classic in many ways.

And YOU were one of the big reasons why it worked so well.

Glad I could do you the honor mate.

- TB

I never really knew what the meaning of “true grit” was. It’s a phrase often used to describe Tim Bradstreet and his art. It isn’t about being an empty pretty picture or exaggerated childhood superhero. It’s raw and it's getting sand in your mouth. It’s not about a sweet flavor, but that lasting feeling you have long after you have spit that last grain out. As harsh as that may sound, it isn’t, because it’s meaningful. It’s about being real and the feeling that leaves its mark with each of Tim’s creations.

Tim Bradstreet’s “Archetype” is a rare opportunity to experience a compilation of work from his very beginning to today. We get to see the maturity of his art through time. In addition to his art we get a history of Tim Bradstreet himself. We learn who he is and his motivations to become a prominent illustrator. His influences are honored and well represented. The book has several candid accolades from Tim’s peers that make the book worthwhile by themselves. “Archetype” is Tim’s sincere naked truth and anyone who understands “true grit” will love this book, and those who don’t have something to learn from it.

Mike

Uhh, Jeez Mike . . .

That is a beautiful thing to say.

I appreciate those sentiments more than you could ever know.

Thanks ya big sweetheart!

xo - tb

Finally ordered my copy of this! Can't wait to see it!! If it's half as good as Maximum Black, then it'll be wicked!

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll be reading this over the next few days. Roy Batty, and the many other amazing images in the book are what have been captivating me for the last few days. Once I recognized your texture pattern in the batty piece I've been able to see it in a few other pieces now. Really ingenious, and what a cool way to put yourself into your work. ;)

So far my favorite part of this past weekend has been my niece's reaction to your work while driving home on saturday. She sat in the backseat with her head buried in Archetype the whole way, and you could just tell she enjoyed each new page of the book more than the last. certain pieces stood out for her, and she is savvy enough to pick up on different techniques and was even asking Andy and I what kind of tools you work with.

Worth the wait!

I'll be reading this over the next few days. Roy Batty, and the many other amazing images in the book are what have been captivating me for the last few days. Once I recognized your texture pattern in the batty piece I've been able to see it in a few other pieces now. Really ingenious, and what a cool way to put yourself into your work. ;)

So far my favorite part of this past weekend has been my niece's reaction to your work while driving home on saturday. She sat in the backseat with her head buried in Archetype the whole way, and you could just tell she enjoyed each new page of the book more than the last. certain pieces stood out for her, and she is savvy enough to pick up on different techniques and was even asking Andy and I what kind of tools you work with.

Worth the wait!

I still can't get it back from her, she just cherishes it...so in true dad fashion, I gave it to her...She was jaw droppingly amazed by Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein, but Tim's work she is studying as much as enjoying. And as a result of Tim's awesome covers for Hellblazer, she has lifted all my trades and begun reading that title. I'll be seeing Constantine drawings very soon I think.

Guest AdminGuyX
I'll be seeing Constantine drawings very soon I think.

She digs the spiked hair I bet.

;)

She digs the spiked hair I bet.

;)

LOL, EXACTLY!