here's an analysis of how the 'gun grab' seems to have backfired badly - or goodly depending where you stand.

more than 300,000 new members have joined the NRA!

"In essence, the American people

bought nearly every gun available anywhere in the country, leaving gun store shelves empty.

The upshot of all this? 10+ million new firearms in the hands of citizens and a one-year backlog of gun orders with manufacturers."

my favorite part:

"Imagine Piers Morgan picking up an AR-15 the day after the Sandy Hook shooting. Never would have happened, right? Or imagine Obama allowing himself to be photographed shooting a shotgun. These images would have been unimaginable mere weeks ago, but the gun grab push has backfired so completely that even the Second Amendment's most outspoken critics are practically lining up to be photographed or filmed shooting guns."

Don't Tread on Me !

http://www.naturalne...ed_America.html

If that don't tread on me was meant for me. I was not trying to tread on anyone. You either like or dislike my opinions that is your choice.

I have a fear that, if there is a plan, that this might be part of the plan. If that makes sense. Don't know how, don't know why, but something in my guts tells me that this reaction, this "panic" that the media claims is happening now for people to buy up guns like crazy will be used later on in some terrible fashion after it's been accepted by the mainstream.

I think everybody probably has that fear.

Joyce the "Don't Tread On Me" was not meant for you. That's a very old saying that supporters of the 2nd amendment use as an expression of defiance. It's from the Gadsden flag.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Gadsden_flag

gadsden-flag.png

Thanks for clearing that up for me. And my apologies to you Mr. Jane. See that is what I mean my mouth gets me in trouble sometimes. Sorry again.

I watched a program on tv tonite and this guy was talking about his brother having mental health issues and how he ended up killing himself. And it made me think the mental health system in this country sucks. Some people can't get the help they need. And I feel that some of the doctors use there patients as lab rats. For instance my sister that is why she had the small stroke they over medicated her. And I blame the doctors for it. Now my sister will never be the same.

Late to this party. I live in Ct.. I have a dear friend whose daughters went to that school just a few months before the shootings but moved. Did Sandy Hook happen? I have to say it did. Why it happened ? We still seem to have no idea outside of " the kid was sick.".

Should there be more? I'd like to think there was in depth investigation going on. I think the party line is "they cant seem to find anything else to help this make sense. he did kill his mother before going to the school.".

I do remember many conflicting reports of what guns were used during the tragedy and I remember vividly the video clip of the trooper pulling the AR-15 from a pick up truck in the lot and various people saying he did it without the rifle. Could he have? Christ I have no idea and it's nausiating to think about.

Gun Laws are worth talking about but in the end if someone wants to kill someone and a gun is not available that person can pick up a rock and do it. Do guns make it easier for those less brave to do it? I guess sure.

Do Call of Duty and all these other video games have an effect on our society? I dont know but my kid has played those games since he was five. Now he's 15 and we shoot paintball guns and practice archery but he spends most of his time playing guitar and hanging out with his girlfriend watching Lord Of The Rings.

Conspiracies. This government has lied to us since day one. US History is as full of half truths and straight out bullshit as any other countries and I'd bet almost anything it is much much more so.

And they dont do much to hide it. Most of the time they grin to themselves and each other as they lie to our face.

Is it such a surprise our soldiers are killing themselves at this terrifying rate?

Some say its due to the fact that we as a nation are getting lazier. That these soldiers cant handle the commitment after they sign the paper. I think that may be true of some people but I think it's nore likely that we are smarter as a country than we've ever been and as I said before the government doesnt do much to hide its lack of respect or consideration for the working or middle class'. Maybe these soldiers are just getting hip to the fact that the fight isnt what they thought they were signing up for. The war on terror has been appalingly mismanaged with making money the number 1 priority and the good of the host countries and the coalition troops barely registering on the list.

Last Sept. I tested for a certification in Krav Maga with a great bunch of guys. Many of them former or current soldiers. Proud, strong, wonderful people. I'd not known most of them before the Sandy Hook tragedy and we had all grown closer and kept in touch (through Facebook!) in the months before the shootings. In the aftermath of political wrangling over gun laws I managed to alienate most of them by simply stating the fact that it was worth talking about and that at the time I was a supporter of The President. I agreed with many of his ideas. Mostly in regards to equality and common sense tax reform, not gun laws neccesarily.

My position on gun laws is simple. I think the only other thing they can do is enforce stricter rules for people who lose or sell their guns without going through the proper channels. Make people more responsable for their firearms. I dont think this will do very much to keep bad people from getting guns and using them but according a Police Captain in Chicago the number of times he's found a gun involved in a crime and the owner was not involved and was also not even aware it was missing is high. That is something we can do something about.

Adam Lanza's Mother used to take him shooting. If my kid has any kind of diagnosed mental flaw, I love my kids, but I'm not putting a firearm in my kids hands. And I do believe in this world, we should all know how to use a firearm. Even if we dont own one. It's the same to me as CPR or first aid or some kind of self defense knowledge. Everyone should know some.

Great book on CIA/government misteps, like what drove us into Vietnam, is called Legacy of Ashes by (something) Wiener. Incredibly eye opening book. To be fair, not everything the CIA has done has been for devious intent, another GREAT CIA book is The Art of Intelligence by Henry Crumpton.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'll post some direct replies later on. I would just like to say that it sucks that anybody would cut ties over supporting the president. I don't support all his policies, I don't support all of any president's policies, but I'd never want to lose a friend over that. But they are a passionate and divisive series of subjects.

And I'm happy that your friend did not lose her daughters that day. Her heart must have stopped when she found out what happened. I probably would have been beside myself in her shoes. Probably have some survivors guilt too. Just natural.

More later. Thanks for your post.

I was listening to the news and I see there was another shooting it was in Santa Monica at a college 3 people were hurt 2 are critical and one is in stable condition they said they have one person in custody but are looking for another. They did not say much else. But what the heck is this world coming to when your half afraid to go any place.

Happy Belated Joyce! That time again already?

Dont be half afraid, or even paranoid, simply be aware. I see more people walking around with their faces in their phones. Please no distracted walking. Stupid people are walking into traffic like this. This is another way they will control us. Mass distraction.

Happy Belated Joyce! That time again already?

Dont be half afraid, or even paranoid, simply be aware. I see more people walking around with their faces in their phones. Please no distracted walking. Stupid people are walking into traffic like this. This is another way they will control us. Mass distraction.

You got that right. And I am not afraid I figure if it is my time to go I go. I am not going to let people like that make me not go on with my life and not enjoy myself. And thank you sir for the b-day wish. :rolleyes: