Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Clive Barker's Age Of Desire

Guest AdminGuyX

Got to see this yesterday at Motor City. It's just cool as hell to see sequential work from Tim. Desperado did a great job on this!! Everybody should order one. It's hard cover, and the printing for the cover jumps right out 'atcha. Great design Tim.

got mine..Tim gave it an autograph and I'm diggin' it!

Aack! Yer right, that sucks.

Noeland and Irish can attest, the printed hardcover is absolutely gorgeous on the outside, black, white, and violent on the inside.

I had copies out for sale at Motor City Con last weekend and got some great response.

It felt real nice having two brand spanking new books anchoring my table lemme tell ya.

It's posted earlier in this thread but here's a re-post of the cover.

AgecoverF1.jpg

Age Of Desire, over a decade in the making - On Sale Now!

Let me know what you think. And remember, I was much less seasoned back when I drew this fucking thing in the early 90's.

Be gentle, in a brutal kind of way ;)

- TB

Totally agree the Desperado image blows. And it doesn't even touch the quality of the book. The book is amazing. Tim's sequential work will blow the eyes from your fucking HEAD!..yeah, it's that damned good! The black and whites are just pure man, there is one page that has 15 panels...that's insane, 15 PANELS! And each one is fucking lovely. Ah me, if only to have that much talent...instead of this many freckles...

I will warn you of this though. Tim has captured Clive Barker in all Clives wildly bizzareness Some people I'm sure will think a few of those images are down right sinful...and they are...that's what makes em so damned sweet. I'm telling you, you need to get your paws on this book. It is supercalifragilistic, inside and out. Find, order or steal, but get it! You'll be very pleased...unless you get caught stealing it, then maybe not.

Two more weeks and I'm getting this! Sadly, I'm on a tight budget as of now, and saw it as I was heading out the door. I dropped everything to get one of the last copies into my pull box. Soon though, soon.....

http://www.desperadopublishing.com/TITLES/AgeofDesire.htm

In my humble opinion, that image posted on the desperado site does NOT, I repeat does NOT even come close to representing the quality of the final book.

Order page for desperado:

http://www.desperadopublishing.com/store.htm

Thanks for the input. I checked out the image on our website and the image shown is actually an earlier colored version of the cover that wasn't used. I've asked our web guy to change it out with the final version (Grant's version) once he returns from vacation this week.

Joe Pruett

President

Desperado Publishing

So - Age of Desire has finally been released and I was shocked that it was a small format. I was hoping that it would be the size of a regular TPB or even bigger to showcase the beautiful black and white artwork. I am happy to finally have it but I am disappointed in the size and page count - 64 pages for $14.95?!!! Yes- I know its a hardcover but I think the publisher dropped the ball on this.

There are a couple of reasons we decided to publish Age of Desire in the format that we did.

1) We thought the project deserved being a hardcover. Tim has waited over a decade to have this book come out and we wanted to present it in the best format we could publish it in.

2) In order to get it into the bookstore marketplace we had to have a decent sized spine, which the hardcover gave us. Printing the book in paperback format would have just made it a comic, which would have no shelf-life and would not be carried by the bookstore marketplace. We picked the size we did after seeing Neil Gaiman's and P. Craig Russell's adaptation of Coraline. It looked great and, in my humble opinion, so does Age of Desire. It's also a format that Dark Horse has used with a number of its hardcovers (with a similar price point) over the last couple of years with great success.

I'm sorry if some aspects of the printing of the book disappointed you, but I hope you are at least happy with the end result of seeing Clive, Tim and Craig's long-awaited story finally in print.

Joe Pruett

President

Desperado Publishing

Guest AdminGuyX

Ya know, the size of the damn book never really registered with me. Kind of odd really. Maybe it's because I read a lot of ashcan comics.

I saw it on Tim's table, instantly fell in love with the color work, and the way the cover looked printed (I really like it) flipped through the B&W interiors like a kid on Christmas, and then didn't buy one on friday or saturday, planning to get it sunday, just like Jusko's book. :(

It's a handsome little edition IMHO.

There are a couple of reasons we decided to publish Age of Desire in the format that we did.

1) We thought the project deserved being a hardcover. Tim has waited over a decade to have this book come out and we wanted to present it in the best format we could publish it in.

2) In order to get it into the bookstore marketplace we had to have a decent sized spine, which the hardcover gave us. Printing the book in paperback format would have just made it a comic, which would have no shelf-life and would not be carried by the bookstore marketplace. We picked the size we did after seeing Neil Gaiman's and P. Craig Russell's adaptation of Coraline. It looked great and, in my humble opinion, so does Age of Desire. It's also a format that Dark Horse has used with a number of its hardcovers (with a similar price point) over the last couple of years with great success.

I'm sorry if some aspects of the printing of the book disappointed you, but I hope you are at least happy with the end result of seeing Clive, Tim and Craig's long-awaited story finally in print.

Joe Pruett

President

Desperado Publishing

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the insightful information. I didn't any of that. Well considering all of that. I completely understand why you went with this format. The book does look great. No doubt about that.

Finally, finally, FINALLY got my hands on this over the weekend. Good heavens... Tim, seriously... gorgeous. Holy crap. I hate like hell we were never able to get that Punisher mini you, Tom, and Steve had tried to get off the ground a few years ago... I can look at this book for hours and not read a single word. Jeez, its just amazing, bud.

You fucking snake charmer you ;)

Seriously, thanks for the very kind words Mike.

It sold pretty damn well too!

Now that's exciting.

xo - TB

Guest AdminGuyX

had I not had to shell out $900 to fix my car recently, I'd of ordered this by now too. And Joe's book. And a handful of other Desperado books too.

:(

had I not had to shell out $900 to fix my car recently, I'd of ordered this by now too. And Joe's book. And a handful of other Desperado books too.

Jeez, that sucks. I thought I gave you one in Detroit.

I know I'd meant to.

Don't buy it. I'll send you one.

- tb

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, thanks Tim. :)

Yeah, you were busy in Detroit, and I was supposed to come back Sunday and didn't thanks to the pain in my leg.

If you hit another Con this year, Tim, gives us a head's up. Gotta get this sucker signed.

Gorgeous book, guys and gals... definitely a must have for anyone on this board.

Zi6_0132.jpg

Argh, feel your pain, bud. My wife did about $1500 worth of damage smashing her vehicle into the back of another one last month. Completely crumpled the front of her ca. Thanks God, she and the kids (including the new addition to be here in Dec) were all okay. But that pretty much put the kibosh on my trip to SDCC this year. Wouldve been my first time out there. :(

RAW will be present with our booth set-up (nothing fancy), at the 1st Annual Long Beach Comicon, October 2-4, 2009 - Long Beach Convention Center.

Another opportunity to come to California for a great show.

I'm opening a thread on the subject in the Raw Studios section 'cause this will be one of only TWO shows in the country that RAW (meaning me, Tom, and our stuff) appear at annually. I'll add a link to the thread after I've opened it.

- TB