Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Django Unchained: Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti Western

I'll take your word for it. I didn't really care for Basterds all that much. It was ok, just didn't blow me away like everyone said it would. I'll check this one out for sure, though.

Looks like it’s gonna be a fun movie to see. “Django…The D is silent.” :P

If you did not know, that is the original "Django", Franco Nero in that scene.

If you did not know, that is the original "Django", Franco Nero in that scene.

No, I didn't know that. I love when a remake features original cast members. It feels like they're giving their blessings of the movie being made by popping up in the updated version.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I love Quentin Tarantino movies, & I've become a fan of Christoph Waltz's. I'm not too happy about Leonardo being in it, though. I still wish someone else would've been cast for that part. But the other great cast members will make up for it.

I think it must be Leo DiCaprio's aim to have worked with every major director in Hollywood. If you look at his filmography, he pretty much has. I don't totally dislike him, he was good in The Departed.

Personally I think George Clooney is the most overrated thing in Hollywood. His films put me to sleep. . . .

Cris

Loved that clip, now really looking forward to this.

Of course Q would feature original Django Franco Nero - that's just way he rolls! - Mad respect!

Loved the naughty dandy Leo - it's as if he's cheekily channeling Brad Pitt from any period piece - ha! ;)

I think it must be Leo DiCaprio's aim to have worked with every major director in Hollywood. If you look at his filmography, he pretty much has. I don't totally dislike him, he was good in The Departed.

Personally I think George Clooney is the most overrated thing in Hollywood. His films put me to sleep. . . .

Cris

I know I’m in the minority for not liking Leo on here. People have tried to get me to like him in movies for awhile, and it hasn’t worked, yet. Based on the Django trailer, I’m still not a member of “Team DiCaprio.”

I like George Clooney. I haven't seen every movie of his, but the ones I have seen I’ve enjoyed mainly because of him. I have more respect for him as a writer/director, though. But I understand how he isn't everyone's favorite.

has the world gone mad? they are pulling the action figures(that look great) to this film do to the contents? ya can't change history...the bigger crime would ave been to ignore slavery. it would be like making roots and have te slaves of the story coming over on a cruiseship! they are just toys...do we stop using cowboy? which come from the blacks of the day that tended farm animals...

I found it kind of funny that they would do it. I figured some group would have a fit over it. We seem to get oversensitive a lot as people. I would be willing to bet that if Spike Lee had never said anything about the film, there would be no call to stop production on these. Although, collectors should be happy. The run on the figures were right around 1000, so this will make them jump in value.

I remember in Jr. High when I started to collect figures, back in the day when they had several monthly magazines to showcase new toys on the horizon, there was a JFK assination set. It had the car, JFK, Jacki O. and Oswald. I don't remember a whole lot of fuss over that one, but I could be wrong. People need to get over the fact that Django is not promoting slavery, it just happens to be a part of the story. Any film set in that time period will have to face that topic in some fashion. I don't know how anyone would be able to pull off a film set in Germany during WW II and not have to deal with the Holocaust.

As for the argument about having Stephen and Broomhilda as part of the set, well, they are pretty big characters in the story. I would want to know why they made a figure of Butch? Why not Billy Crash or Big Daddy?

wow never saw the jfk set. i don't really remember any backlash over pulp fiction and it's use of ths n word? so to quote clint eastwood about spike lee when he once attacked one of his films..."maybe spike should shut his face!"

Guest AdminGuyX

They made toys for this movie? Really?

I had no idea.

I would have to imagine they would be upsetting to people who upset easily. :)

I loved the movie though. It was crazy in all the right ways. And it was just impossible not to enjoy Cristoph Waltz!

Quentin's dialogue and Waltz's execution is a perfect pairing. I could not see anyone else in that role or as Landa in Bastards.

I was a bit dissapointed with the "dolls" (they look liked warped versions of Barbie ;) ) since Neca has done a great job with their figure sculpts.