Sign in to follow this  
Rosella

RAW STUDIOS LOGO CONTEST

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/rawstudios-needs-logo-187958/brief

Wow! These designers work fast; there’s already 30 entries by 14 designers.

I already see ones I like, some I don’t, ones I really like, & some I really don’t.

Is anyone on here submitting a design? Anyone? Anyone?

C’mon, I know we have artists with skills on here.

I like that RAW Studios is wanting a logo that’s “insanely innovative, simple yet strangely familiar.” B)

The main question for TJ & TB: Have YOU been wowed, yet?

3 days left to submit entries!

hell yes i've see a couple real cool ones. i've given feedback and starred the good ones! gotta get Tim to weigh in at some point, but i like these artists! hope some of you get out there and contribute, but unless your a real graphics guy or gal, it could get painful.. all that cutting and pasting? you could hurt yerself.

these cats are great. and great turn out so far.

we're looking for something classic. check out the reference logos on the design ref's page. that'll give folks an idea.

exciting stuff!

Which number(s) is everyone routing for?

I personally am hoping -- it's one of these at least.... 6, 10, 14, 29, 30 or 31.

nothing is knockin' me out here...tryin' to get a dark horse in the rinnin' in time...they're off!!!!

Most of them are good but I think you need a logo that will really knock people out when they see it. Something that shows what Raw Studios does or is. I wish I could design something but I would be one of those people who would hurt themselves. :rolleyes:

the dark horse is out of the race...too busy.the idea i had was raw in the shape of a womans stiletto shoe...very noir feel

hell yes i've see a couple real cool ones. i've given feedback and starred the good ones! gotta get Tim to weigh in at some point, but i like these artists! hope some of you get out there and contribute, but unless your a real graphics guy or gal, it could get painful.. all that cutting and pasting? you could hurt yerself.

these cats are great. and great turn out so far.

we're looking for something classic. check out the reference logos on the design ref's page. that'll give folks an idea.

exciting stuff!

Fantastic! It's cool that you’re giving feedback & that you do have some favorites in mind.

Now, there are 81 entries by 26 designers! Do these people sleep? :blink:

Which number(s) is everyone routing for?

I personally am hoping -- it's one of these at least.... 6, 10, 14, 29, 30 or 31.

Great question! I don’t have what I’d call a 'mega favorite,' yet. But it is exciting to see the designs come in.

Here are my thoughts for fun on some of the ones that grabbed my attention (no need to let any of the following input influence final judgment, unless for some strange reason you find any of the content useful):

#3 - I’m attracted to the fact RAW can be read two ways. But I’m not too keen on the letter ‘a’ in that particular design. It’s kind of hard to tell that it’s an ‘a’. From the standpoint of someone who has never heard of the company, it may look like ROW. This designer has a better letter ‘a’ in the #67 design. Maybe if the designs were meshed together, such as taking just the ‘RAW’ part from #67 & the ‘Studios’ from #3.

#14 - I like how it captures the artistic side of RAW subtly.

#28 - Again, this designer is winning me over with the appeal that it can be read two ways. My only issue with it would be that it has a lowercased ’r’.

#34 - Has a sort of elegance to it. Plus, I love cursive writing; it’s not used enough.

#37 - Unique without being over-the-top & has a nice dimension.

#53 - Excellent use of letter connection & easy to read.

I’ve noticed that most people can make a great ‘R’ & ‘W’ but a bad ‘A’.

ONLY 46 hours left to submit entries!

Really wish I had the time to contribute. I see a couple I like, but I suspect a number of these ideas could do with a second pass to enhance the legibility or refine the identity in such a way to make them more competitive.

~R

Really wish I had the time to contribute. I see a couple I like, but I suspect a number of these ideas could do with a second pass to enhance the legibility or refine the identity in such a way to make them more competitive.

~R

Too bad you don’t have time; I would’ve loved to have seen your design(s). I agree. I’m waiting for something to POP out at me.

Now, there are 155 entries by 34 designers!

#84 - Another interesting dimensional one, but it suggests thinking inside the box to me.

#94 - I love the flow of the ’R’, but it may hint at NIKE sorta.

#122 & #155 - Make me smile. #155 would look cooler w/ white letters.

#124 - Easy to read; great letter connection; I like the slanting of it.

#137 - It stands out the way it flats out, but it kind of looks familiar (I might be wrong).

#153 - The 'Studios' in the 'R' is interesting.

I’m not really feeling the eagle wings on any of the ones with them.

Overall, I think I could picture some on comic books and others on T-shirts, hats, etc., but I haven’t found ‘the one’ that could be featured on all items, yet.

I’m interested in seeing how many total designs get submitted.

ONLY 22 hours left to submit entries!

Wish I had more time...I would of submitted one in! I am in the middle of some classes and no time!

Can't wait to see who will be the winner!

I like #67 I think it is cool. I like it because it has the werewolf from the Lycan. To me it really stands out. :rolleyes:

Wish I had more time...I would of submitted one in! I am in the middle of some classes and no time!

Can't wait to see who will be the winner!

Ah, man! I wish you could’ve made one, too. I’m an expert at copy & paste, but I thought it was best to leave it to the pros. ;)

I like #67 I think it is cool. I like it because it has the werewolf from the Lycan. To me it really stands out. :rolleyes:

Now, there are 221 entries by 38 designers!

#67 - I like it, except for that symbol of the ‘R’

#156 & #157 - For some odd reason, I’m drawn to the ones w/ RAW meat.

#177 - Charming.

#197 - I love the font.

I still can’t 100% pick a favorite design, but I do have favorite designers who I’d love to see make it to the finals. Any design that I’ve given constructive criticism (hoping that’s what I can call it) above is done by people/businesses, in my opinion, with potential.

There are many designs that would work if RAW Studios was a different kind of company.

Have you ever really looked at logos? They’re not too exciting. And yet, companies gladly want to be represented by them. It’d be cool if RAW had an incredible & memorable logo. Though, no matter what logo gets chosen, I’d still buy the products RAW produces. It has been fun to see the different variations.

ONLY 77 MINUTES LEFT TO SUBMIT ENTRIES!

The winged, bannery ones remind me of wrestling, booze, cars or motorcycle logos. I prefer more bold graphics:

I like #15, 94, 179 (yes even with the wings) ;)

And I don't see the one I liked previously, I think it's been withdrawn ...

The winged, bannery ones remind me of wrestling, booze, cars or motorcycle logos. I prefer more bold graphics:

I like #15, 94, 179 (yes even with the wings) ;)

And I don't see the one I liked previously, I think it's been withdrawn ...

That's the same vibe I was getting from the eagles. Some of the ones I liked got eliminated &/or withdrawn, as well.

The designers who are finalists get to move on & come up w/ new designs, right?

Cat Schwartz wants to hear your thoughts! B) I was surprised by the results.

Go here to VOTE (rank/comment) on the FINALISTS --> http://99designs.com...campaign=voting

TJ...if i may?not trying to be an asshole but please keep an old blue lettered t shirt for me...wait for rpace...i think he will come up with something cool!

Oh, my! I couldn’t’ keep up w/ the amazingness that had been pouring out from these designers. I’d look at something & like it, then that person would come back w/ something even better.

All of the designers kept upping their game. I loved the creativity that had been sparked among the competitors.

WINNER chosen TONITE - CAST YOUR VOTES! -- http://99designs.com...campaign=voting

My Pick -- #321 (please)! B)

Oh, my! I couldn’t’ keep up w/ the amazingness that had been pouring out from these designers. I’d look at something & like it, then that person would come back w/ something even better.

All of the designers kept upping their game. I loved the creativity that had been sparked among the competitors.

WINNER chosen TONITE - CAST YOUR VOTES! -- http://99designs.com...campaign=voting

My Pick -- #321 (please)! B)

I casted my vote on facebook I picked #306 I thought it was really cool looking. :rolleyes:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....

Logo design contest | RawStudios needs a New Logo! | Entries | 99designs

The brain is humming 'Scarlet Begonias'.

Butwin, you won ! You did it...

Congratulations !

well done...

343 entries by 38 designers - Astonishing!

CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING, BUTWIN!!! :D

Excellent choice, Thomas & Timothy! The design says "RAW" to me.

How perfect that ’win’ is in Andi Ewington's (aka Butwin's) name.

Congrats. Butwin excellent design totally love it.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just dropped new logo onto the new digital release of BAD PLANET #8 - Available exclusively through Comixology.

We'll keep you apprised of the new release so stay tuned.

TJ and I spent several nights and long hours art directing our designers, especially in the final round.

Butwin turned in SEVERAL designs we fell in love with so don't be surprised to see more of his work grace our website and merchandise in the future.

We really loved several other designs by other designers but #306 worked the best, simple, elegant, dangerous, and contained in a certain space.

There WILL be variations and alternate versions to be had, namely on our merch ;)

We're going to have some fun with it.

And that goes for those designs by other designers that didn't make the final cut. Too cool to leave on the cutting room floor.

We should see some of that at work during the coming year, which is sure to be a banner 365 for RAW and it's loyal supporters.

Here's the winner!

RawLogo2013_zps243a37fc.jpg

And . . . .

RAWSPLASHPAGEsml_zpsbfcf3f6e.jpg

Vivat!

- TB