Tim Bradstreet

Ray 3-D Zone 1947 - 2012

I actually don't know how old Ray was, that's been a guarded secret ever since I met the gentle King of 3-D

Ray passed away this morning and we've lost a true pioneer creator.

A dear friend, a colleague we respect with the upmost admiration.

Ray wore the moniker of "King of 3-D", "King of 3-D Comics", "King of Hollywood 3-D", as well as descriptions such as "Pioneer" and "Guiding Force", with absolute humble dismissiveness.

Ray just LOVED 3-D, he loved to create, he loved to work with and alongside like-minded creators.

He witnessed 3-D technology from it's nascent birth, and fell in love. He carried the torch for 3-D like a champion and kept the flame alive for over 50 years as the rest of the entertainment world slowly caught on to something he saw from it's very beginnings.

I was fortunate to know him, thanks to Tom and his love for the Stereoscopic World.

We worked together through email when we did our Bad Planet 3-D issue and it was apparent even through the coldness of the internet that this man was something unique.

Never a harsh word, always supportive, and always striving for excellence.

His 3-D comics are the best you'll see.

On the film Dark Country, on location in New Mexico I truly got to know and to love Ray.

He was my wing man or I was his - It didn't matter ;)

I could talk all day about him.

RayZoneampTJ.jpg

A sweet man I'll miss for the rest of my days.

Until we meet again, Ray ;)

X - tb

I actually don't know how old Ray was, that's been a guarded secret ever since I met the gentle King of 3-D

Ray passed away this morning and we've lost a true pioneer creator.

A dear friend, a colleague we respect with the upmost admiration.

Ray wore the moniker of "King of 3-D", "King of 3-D Comics", "King of Hollywood 3-D", as well as descriptions such as "Pioneer" and "Guiding Force", with absolute humble dismissiveness.

Ray just LOVED 3-D, he loved to create, he loved to work with and alongside like-minded creators.

He witnessed 3-D technology from it's nascent birth, and fell in love. He carried the torch for 3-D like a champion and kept the flame alive for over 50 years as the rest of the entertainment world slowly caught on to something he saw from it's very beginnings.

I was fortunate to know him, thanks to Tom and his love for the Stereoscopic World.

We worked together through email when we did our Bad Planet 3-D issue and it was apparent even through the coldness of the internet that this man was something unique.

Never a harsh word, always supportive, and always striving for excellence.

His 3-D comics are the best you'll see.

On the film Dark Country, on location in New Mexico I truly got to know and to love Ray.

He was my wing man or I was his - It didn't matter ;)

I could talk all day about him.

RayZoneampTJ.jpg

A sweet man I'll miss for the rest of my days.

Until we meet again, Ray ;)

X - tb

I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace.

This is really sad.

My first awarness of Ray was here on RAW. With the surge of 3D and your and Tom's excitment about it, I dug out some of my older books to find out I already had experienced Ray's work. I just never knew. Looking at some of his older work, you can see that even back then he was ahead of the game. I was really hoping we would get to see more of his work under the RAW imprint, but I the little bit he did do was amazing. You can tell he loved his work.

Rest in peace, Ray.

Death sucks.....Rest in peace Ray..

I’m very shocked & saddened by this tragic news. 65 is way too young. I remember spending lots of time on his website, looking through his work and seeing how this guy was a real 3-D expert.

I love this interview w/ Ray Zone & Tom Jane: http://www.ray3dzone.com/RayTom.html

:( R.I.P. Ray Zone -- a gifted man who gave a fascinating dimension to the realm of art. 3dglasses.png