Sign in to follow this  
MangoTango

Crime SuspenStories #22

I picked up Crime SuspensStories #22 (the Russ Cochran/Gemstone Reprint from the 90s, not the 1954 original) today after recognizing the cover TJ had posted in his Twitter feed.

Its my first EC Comic book and its absolutely crazy good. Can anybody suggest some other issues of Crime SuspensStories that need checking out? I'm also going to try getting into "Two Fisted Tales" and some other EC titles if anyone has some recommended reading.

dude! you are in for a world of good. all the CrimeSuspenStories are great. but for the real gems, check out the horror and sci fi books. that's where Bill and Al's heart lay. start with Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt and the Haunt of Fear.

all the sci fi books are awesome. Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, and WEIRD SCIENCE FANTASY! some classic classic stories lie in wait for you. any issue will do. once you start, you can't stop.

Two Fisted Tales is also great, but the real meat is in the above titles. i'm envious.

On 1/12/2013 at 6:57 AM, Thomas Jane said:

dude! you are in for a world of good. all the CrimeSuspenStories are great. but for the real gems, check out the horror and sci fi books. that's where Bill and Al's heart lay. start with Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt and the Haunt of Fear.

all the sci fi books are awesome. Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, and WEIRD SCIENCE FANTASY! some classic classic stories lie in wait for you. any issue will do. once you start, you can't stop.

Two Fisted Tales is also great, but the real meat is in the above titles. i'm envious.

Thank you Thomas for this enthusiasm, I bought books 1 and 2 of Weird Science Fantasy and survived two long train drives thanks to the EC Comics! My son (8) is absolutely fascinated, for him it's a door that opened to a new world. He's not reading in English yet but enjoys all the monsters, robots, aliens and guns... he's drawing/copying what he can from the books and I'm secretly hoping he will continue.

Well I have a question about a specific EC story.

*SPOILERS Dark Country SPOILERS*

I was wondering if you remember the story called "The man who was killed in time"? Some aspects are close to the Dark Country original idea. You being an EC fan, there might be a link here. Or is it pure chance? In both cases it's so cool!

IMG_20190826_132157_793.jpg

PSX_20190826_124715.jpg

Nice find!!!!