Sign in to follow this  
Adam Stines

Tony Scott R.I.P.

Tony Scott commited suicide this past sunday,Man I can't imagine a world without Tony Scott films his style was unmatched..Such a tragedy.I wonder was he sick? or something, what would lead him to do this..Well my prayers go out too Ridley and the Scott family members who have too battle making sense of this themselves..Totally sucks.

So tragic :(... I couldn't believe it when I read it that it was a suicide? Very sad...and my heart goes out to the families...

My favs of his work were "Revenge" and "True Romance"...

The Last Boy Scout, and True Romance for me..I don't think anyone can really fill his shoes when it comes too good ole' fashioned fun movies with lot's of style and rockstar flair!..Gonna be missed for sure!.Sucks..

Brain Cancer......................He was'nt left with many options..I may have made the same choice..At least he made it on his terms.Have too respect that.godspeed Tony.

I am quite sure that if I was told I had any kind of cancer, I would go out my way...as I am sure he went out his.

I'm with Sunshine, Revenge and True Romance are my favorite, hands down. Revenge always seems to be overlooked, but it is a classic in everyway. What I really like about Scott's style is that he found a way to make popcorn films that had grit.

Details of the note have not been released, but information that he had inoperable brain cancer has been hitting the news stations. My heart goes out to his family, and selfishly, I'm crushed that I will not be able to see a new Tony Scott film again.

Guest AdminGuyX

Looks like ABC jumped the gun and the news about his cancer is untrue. His wife made a statement today that he did not have cancer.

Whatever the case, the news of his passing has just floored me. He was one of my favorite film makers, and by all accounts a pretty great guy, good father, and pleasure to work with.

WTF?...Really..

R.I.P. Tony Scott

Shocking. Very sad that the life of a brilliant producer & director who spent years entertaining many ended in a devastating tragedy.

I was gobsmacked when I read this, genuinely saddened - his work will always be its own visual genre in my mind's eye that I grew up on.

For me, it was The Hunger, Crimson Tide, Man on Fire - I was watching Unstoppable when I read the news of his death - and his TV work.

RIP Mr. Tony Scott

You will be missed.

It was truely sad news to hear. Everything he has ever done I have liked. Especially The taking of Pelham 1,2,3. and Enemy of the state. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and good friends.

Guest AdminGuyX

I watched True Romance again tonight. I haven't watched it in a long time. Going to watch The Last Boy Scout over the weekend too.

The last boy scout now thats a bitchin flick!