RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

true.

Thank you very much for answering me.

Also - RE: Bad Planet Kickstarter VG

Red Fly pulled a coup and has attracted one of the best concept guys in the industry!

It'll be a major announcement on Monday. Can't spill the beans yet, but that's going to get us some traction!

Also, big thanks to all our forum members who have been retweeting, spreading the link around Facebook, and kicking ass supporting us. We couldn't do it without you, the loyal guard!

X - tB

"we've been approached by the LA SHORTS Film FEST - which is the qualifying festival for the Oscars! that is pretty f'ing cool. "

Cool it is!!! Maybe this is the way to go, short films like someone else said, to bring back the fan base and then it could be filled in to a full length movie. Of course getting people to work for free could be a problem. Love the name of the new flick, it grabbed me right away. It's great being a maverick, Isn't it?

all that info should be on the Kickstarter page for BAD PLANET:

http://www.kickstart...planet?ref=live

we'll have a very cool UPDATE coming early next week, and we'll be doing a big push to get pledges. tell you friends!

Like I told tim I can't get on the kickstarter page my computer won't let me. Thats why I messaged him and asked were I could send my donation to. I live in the middle of bfe and the internet is kind of crappy.

Whatever happens, I hope to see some more of these Punisher shorts. That might garner the necessary attention to get a new feature going. Who knows, you could be unknowingly creating a new business model that these H-woods turds have no choice but to pay attention to. Give them no choice but to realize that this stuff is good.

One last question before I bounce: Who would in in a fight between The Punisher and the Mist monsters? My money's on Castle.

Cheers, guys.

yeah once the WZ film tanked, that pretty much did in the VG franchise..

What a shame. Considering the only similarity between the original game and the original movie was you, and last I heard that game was quite successful.. Meh, is what it is :/ But that doesn't mean interest won't pick up later. Look at the spidey games - 90% of them are shit.

That'd truly be a shame for all us. Performances like you pulled off in *61, STANDER, The Mist, among others, are so genuine they transcend even the material at times.

Fans notice when an actor truly believes in the characters he/she plays, and knocks it into the stratosphere. With '04's Punisher, you totally transcended the material.

Even though the film got killed in reviews there was nearly a universal agreement among fans that your performance and dedication was it's strength.

Hope you don't decide to hang up the spurs TOO early ;)

X -tb

It is sad but I think change will be good. He is a very talented man that can do anything he sets his mind to.

Tim who was the character model in your head for the Max covers?

And Tom, did Kaare Andrews draw you on the cover of yesterday's Untold Tales of Punisher Max on purpose?

Originally it was my best mate growing up, Joel, who is my model for Gallows - Red Sky Diary.

But he was living in Montana which would have made gathering for photoshoots a real inconvenience ;)

Luckily, not too long after I was offered The Punisher (all thank Jimmy Palmiotti for that one), I met a guy named Tom O'Brien, and when I met him I said to myself, this guy could be Joel's brother!

So when I realized Joel would not be feasible I was scratching my head and wondering just who the fuck I could cast. Then BANG! I thought, Tom O'Brien!

So I asked him if he would come model. He didn't know squat about comics and wasn't so sure he wanted to do it.

I ended up talking him into it cause I have a hard time taking NO for an answer when I believe in the concept.

After the books started coming out with his likeness standing tall and powerful, center stage, he did a complete 180 and really got into the part.

He now has a collection of every cover he's on (times 10), and he really got into playing that character!!

I've got a great shot somewhere of Tom O'Brien and Tom Jane in Punisher garb. We took it during a photoshoot in Dallas a few years back. Think TJ even has a little video of it.

That was cool!

- TB

Originally it was my best mate growing up, Joel, who is my model for Gallows - Red Sky Diary.

But he was living in Montana which would have made gathering for photoshoots a real inconvenience ;)

Luckily, not too long after I was offered The Punisher (all thank Jimmy Palmiotti for that one), I met a guy named Tom O'Brien, and when I met him I said to myself, this guy could be Joel's brother!

So when I realized Joel would not be feasible I was scratching my head and wondering just who the fuck I could cast. Then BANG! I thought, Tom O'Brien!

So I asked him if he would come model. He didn't know squat about comics and wasn't so sure he wanted to do it.

I ended up talking him into it cause I have a hard time taking NO for an answer when I believe in the concept.

After the books started coming out with his likeness standing tall and powerful, center stage, he did a complete 180 and really got into the part.

He now has a collection of every cover he's on (times 10), and he really got into playing that character!!

I've got a great shot somewhere of Tom O'Brien and Tom Jane in Punisher garb. We took it during a photoshoot in Dallas a few years back. Think TJ even has a little video of it.

That was cool!

- TB

Picks or it didn't happen :P

Guest AdminGuyX

Where was the short filmed? I know I've seen that bridge in the distance before.

Guest AdminGuyX

That was cool!

- TB

Tom O'Brien looks like Frank Castle in person too, except he has long hair, or used to. He's a great guy, but it's obvious he could kill everyone in the room and not lose sleep over it, if he had to. ;)

something like that would be purty cool... we could shoot 10 shorts and string em all together at the end to make one long film. that would be tits. each short would be a stand alone deal, but they'd all make sense as a whole too...

the video version of what king did with green mile

So for the cover art do you get to pretty much pick and choose the books you want to work on, or is it a pretty tight market? Seems like you get less of the capes and tights and more of the ordinary characters, is that because you like certain characters, or do you kind of get sought out for the facial detail work you do?

Case in point - Michael J. Bassett's SOLOMON KANE!

pretty good flick. man there's been much worse put out there. the disturb system is dying though fellas. digital offers so many more choices. Mel Gibson's been talking to me for years about taking down the Man. His mexican prison flick? 20 million DL's off the PPV. KILLED it.

and now Netflix is becoming a major network...

One last question before I bounce: Who would in in a fight between The Punisher and the Mist monsters? My money's on Castle. Cheers, guys.

that's one short we will never see. no Punisher in Space either...

pretty good flick. man there's been much worse put out there. the disturb system is dying though fellas. digital offers so many more choices. Mel Gibson's been talking to me for years about taking down the Man. His mexican prison flick? 20 million DL's off the PPV. KILLED it.

and now Netflix is becoming a major network...

Yeah, that's what I saying earlier in this thing. Now it's confirmed by you ;) So many platforms!

Punisher in Space is kinda just ridiculous fun. Hard to take seriously but entertaining. But I can understand why that mindset is dangerous... *coughWZcough*

i thin we'd need at least 10 million hits to get anybody's attention. one of the reasons i did this was i think that Hollywood has underestimated Frank's fan base. and i wanted to see what that fan base really is. i think it's a lot bigger than the b.o. for the three films has indicated. i think fans were frustrated and disappointed with the way he's been handled, but that don't meant they don't love Frank.

we've been approached by the LA SHORTS Film FEST - which is the qualifying festival for the Oscars! that is pretty f'ing cool.

that's hella cool. and the vid is getting about 500k hits per day and not slowing.

but honestly, i would prefer to see frank on the small screen. seems that netwoks like hbo and showtime, give their talent more room to do what they want to do.

ive noticed more writers are opting out of film to go back to tv for this very reason.

Where was the short filmed? I know I've seen that bridge in the distance before.

Downtown LA. around 8th & Sante Fe ave

LA actually has some really gritty locales, if you know where to look..

that's hella cool. and the vid is getting about 500k hits per day and not slowing.

but honestly, i would prefer to see frank on the small screen. seems that netwoks like hbo and showtime, give their talent more room to do what they want to do.

ive noticed more writers are opting out of film to go back to tv for this very reason.

Frank was about to go to the small screen, but the story they had in mind would have absolutely butchered what the Punisher is.

that's hella cool. and the vid is getting about 500k hits per day and not slowing. but honestly, i would prefer to see frank on the small screen. seems that netwoks like hbo and showtime, give their talent more room to do what they want to do. ive noticed more writers are opting out of film to go back to tv for this very reason.

true. but that doesn't mean people have forgotten how to write movies.

But they may be running out of original ideas... thats right Total Recall, I'm looking at you. And you, Robocop. And you, Ninja Turtles. And you, Batman. And you, Top Gun. And you, Highlander. So on, so on.