RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

TJ may have ducked out but plz feel free to lob more questions. He'll get to 'em ;)

- tb

" It didn't seem like they cared about making a good film that people wanted to see. They just wanted the money. The simple truth is that many producers fail to realize is that a well-made film will almost always find an audience "

well that's partly true. LGF told me they had some foreign money they had to spend that year, so they rushed into production on WZ without a viable script. something they realized later was a mistake, and to their credit they apologized to me. they DO want to make good films. they realize that good films make more money. but reality (money) has a way of getting in the way and making it tough. if it were easy, all these films would be great.

it ain't easy.

man, it's a freaking miracle anything turns out well.

and thats why these things get done the way they do. because every now and then there's a crazy success story that justifies the end.

because its such a crap shoot, it makes it easy to say - hell with it!

crank em out and one or two will hit.

Curious if there was ever any thought or discussion on Frank using a firearm instead of a jack bottle. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the scene. Just curious if the story ever went that way.

nope. one of the things we said at the beginning was, let's not go where every other fucking body has been before. lets have some fun.

Guest AdminGuyX

man, it's a freaking miracle anything turns out well.

and thats why these things get done the way they do. because every now and then there's a crazy success story that justifies the end.

because its such a crap shoot, it makes it easy to say - hell with it!

crank em out and one or two will hit.

And how hard is it to find funding for anything right now? Damn near impossible. It's tragic when good money gets thrown at a bad script.

That'll come! And thanks for that, Noel! Tom and I are the core, and we love to pull in those passionate and talented creators of like minds. Already have stuff in the pipeline and it won't be long until we can unleash ;) - tb

that would be SOON. Tim & I are headed to Monument Valley to make a Western with Nick Nolte.

could be as soon as this Fall!

Tim or Tom, do you guys have a favorite Punisher arc that you would bring to the screen if you could? And about the short, what was up with the claw machine? It seemed there something going on with that.

I have a quick question for Mr. Jane. I have been reading some articles about you. And one of them said you are thinking about retiring from acting. That you would rather just direct and do the comic books. Is that true? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. And I thought Dirty Laundry was totally awsome. :rolleyes:

true.

I think Geow is my new best friend.

You think like us. That's why the independent route.

Ha! Thanks for saying that.

Seriously, I really hope you guys get another feature going. There was so much potential for a franchise after The Punisher came out - and WZ didn't completely ruin it.

Glad you made this flick.

Okay guys, honestly, how many hits did you think you would get or dream of getting on You Tube? Have you had any feedback from important people with lots of money?

i thin we'd need at least 10 million hits to get anybody's attention. one of the reasons i did this was i think that Hollywood has underestimated Frank's fan base. and i wanted to see what that fan base really is. i think it's a lot bigger than the b.o. for the three films has indicated. i think fans were frustrated and disappointed with the way he's been handled, but that don't meant they don't love Frank.

we've been approached by the LA SHORTS Film FEST - which is the qualifying festival for the Oscars! that is pretty f'ing cool.

Once you get enough for the Bad Planet Video Game. When will it be out? And Tim my friend you need to check your messages. And I know you have been busy. ;)

true.

That'd truly be a shame for all us. Performances like you pulled off in *61, STANDER, The Mist, among others, are so genuine they transcend even the material at times.

Fans notice when an actor truly believes in the characters he/she plays, and knocks it into the stratosphere. With '04's Punisher, you totally transcended the material.

Even though the film got killed in reviews there was nearly a universal agreement among fans that your performance and dedication was it's strength.

Hope you don't decide to hang up the spurs TOO early ;)

X -tb

Guest AdminGuyX

that would be SOON. Tim & I are headed to Monument Valley to make a Western with Nick Nolte.

could be as soon as this Fall!

YES! A very exciting notion for all us western fanatics. I have heard that Mr. Nolte is a class act.

i thin we'd need at least 10 million hits to get anybody's attention.

Give it a few more days. ;) The thing is like internet wildfire, and people seem to be eating it up.

Tim or Tom, do you guys have a favorite Punisher arc that you would bring to the screen if you could? And about the short, what was up with the claw machine? It seemed there something going on with that.

yes I do have a favorite Punisher arc. and no i'm not telling. ;) IF we ever got the chance to work the Skull again in a Hollywood movie - i've been chewing on a story for years now... and it's a doozy. but i really do feel that it'll be a few more years before that happens. and that's ANOTHER reason that I made the short. if and when that day comes, i don't want any questions about who should play Frank.

When TJ and I were going through names to cast as that character I had a real strong feeling about Nick.

It HAD to be Nick.

Nick and Tom are cut of the same cloth. They are both passionate as the day is long, they are both mavericks. They neither one like playing by the rules but still remain PROS.

Tom texted me after his meeting with Nick and related to me that he and Nick had hit it off wonderfully, which surprised me not at all ;)

That's the chemistry we need in Shattered Hand between two very strong characters and I know it will play out to expectations or beyond, onscreen.

And when Nick gives his word you can likely bet your bottom dollar that he's good for it, unlike another Hollywood heavy-hitter who left TJ to the dogs recently.

Nick fucking rocks. No two ways about it.

- TB

Once you get enough for the Bad Planet Video Game. When will it be out? And Tim my friend you need to check your messages. And I know you have been busy. ;)

all that info should be on the Kickstarter page for BAD PLANET:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badplanet/bad-planet?ref=live

we'll have a very cool UPDATE coming early next week, and we'll be doing a big push to get pledges. tell you friends!

And how hard is it to find funding for anything right now? Damn near impossible. It's tragic when good money gets thrown at a bad script.

Not just the funding, but the distribution. That's the real bitch. You can make an awesome flick, then get screwed if you can't find a distributor.

Guest AdminGuyX
That'd truly be a shame for all us. Performances like you pulled off in *61, STANDER, The Mist, among others, are so genuine they transcend even the material at times.

Agreed. There is a lack of actors who have the McQueen/Wayne/Mitchum swagger. To name only a few. You know what I'm talking about though, and Tom you're a member of that club for lots of fans.

Not just the funding, but the distribution. That's the real bitch. You can make an awesome flick, then get screwed if you can't find a distributor.

Case in point - Michael J. Bassett's SOLOMON KANE!

Case in point - Michael J. Bassett's SOLOMON KANE!

Or George Lucas' Red Tails. Such a shame what happened there.

I agree about distro being a bitch... but it's a lot easier these days (depending on the platform) to find a way to release your film to the public. DTV, PPV, and streaming are not as hard as finding a theatrical release.

Guest AdminGuyX

Solomon Kane was cinematic bliss. Not unlike Dirty Laundry. Not at all. The short was the same kind of satisfying!

Tim who was the character model in your head for the Max covers?

And Tom, did Kaare Andrews draw you on the cover of yesterday's Untold Tales of Punisher Max on purpose?