RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

Reality is the 1,515,219 or something like that hits that Dirty laundry was showing last time I looked..Thats pretty strong Tom!..The powers that be can't deny that!..You've always had a great take on Frank this would be your third go around with him "Yes I'm counting the fantastic voicework you did for the game!"..Money People will see money, palms shall be greased and Thomas Jane will done the skull again!..Its only a matter of time..

...1.6 million right now after just 3 days of being online....I'm damn certain that people would have payed a few bucks just to see the short. Let's say only half the viewers (800k) payed 2.99 to watch the short....that's about 2.4 million dollars right fucking there for a film that was done on low/no budget and free time.

Marvel - open up our fuckin eyes and give us all what's right: The dream Punisher film starring Tom.

Adam - He certainly did a kick ass job on the voiceover work didn't he? Tell me that wasn't one of the sweetest games you ever played! :D

Tom - Dunno if you missed out on my question earlier...but them boots your wearing in the short, where can I find em???

-Raffi

Yup I dug the game,..I liked going back and listening too Tom describe all the weapons in the armory once they were all unlocked.Cool stuff!.

Seriously, that short film was AWESOME! I've been ranting and raving to all my Punisher fan buddies about it and spreading the word on Facebook and Twitter. I HOPE this causes the tide to turn in favor of another Jane-starring Punisher film!

Can we just have a Punisher cameo in the next Captain America or The Avengers movie? After that, I think The Punisher would do well in a HBO or Showtime series. At the very least, give the skull some TV love.

I'm ready to take some questions and I think Tom's here too - TB

. . . . lying in wait with a bottle of Jack ;)

I always wanted a sequal, in an open world environment akin to GTA, only as the Punisher.

Hi guys, since the reaction has been very positive about a new Punisher flick with Thomas Jane, why not get Terry Dougas @ 1821 to fork over some cash for a Punisher webseries? I figure you can shoot 1 per month, each one at 10-15mins... Use the Dirty Laundry as a prologue. I'm not sure you can monetize it due to legal reasons :*(

Hi guys, since the reaction has been very positive about a new Punisher flick with Thomas Jane, why not get Terry Dougas @ 1821 to fork over some cash for a Punisher webseries? I figure you can shoot 1 per month, each one at 10-15mins... Use the Dirty Laundry as a prologue. I'm not sure you can monetize it due to legal reasons :*(

Interesting idea for sure. The CLEANER ;)

am i wrong, or do you become todd parker during all these interviews? every time you geek out on muscle cars or artists, you sound just like that character did at the party scene.

that's Hi-larious

Maybe we could get Alfred Molina to join Tom for one and have him belt out some Night Ranger!

;)

- tb

Hey all,

I just want to pop in to say that you got it 100% right with Dirty Laundry. Just like you got it right with 2004's The Punisher. I think the great thing about the character is that he's one of the few superheroes that is totally believable as a real person. He's someone who has just had enough and has gone way past the point of giving a shit. I think the one line that encapsulates a character like Frank Castle came from the kid with the piercings: "No one's ever stood up for me before." I think that line explains why people love characters like The Punisher. You could literally take any horrible story from the newspaper and make a new Punisher movie about it.

I'd like to think that Marvel will pay attention to the response this new short film is getting. Sadly, I don't think they will.

I used to work in the film industry. I worked on some pretty big movies. Some of them were superhero films. The thing I've learned from my experience in the film industry is this: Most of the time, producers don't care about the quality of the product they're making. They just want the money. They're smart enough to know that simple name recognition will make them a profit, so they don't have to care about making a good film. That's pretty sad.

What these guys don't realize, is that they're all pretty good at killing their own cash cows.

I believe that what we're going to see over the next few years is what actors refer to as "the law of diminished returns." Only those diminished returns will be coming from the audience.

Case-in-point: The "Amazing" Spider-Man. They rebooted it way too fast. It's pretty clear that they didn't care about making a good film. It had a huge opening, but only because they had a six-day opening weekend. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen with the new Superman movie. The Dark Knight Rises opens tomorrow, and they're already writing the reboot for Batman. Does anyone else see the problem here?

I believe the same thing happened with Punisher: War Zone. It didn't seem like they cared about making a good film that people wanted to see. They just wanted the money. The simple truth is that many producers fail to realize is that a well-made film will almost always find an audience. It's too bad that a lot of them can't understand that philosophy, because if they did - we'd have four or five pretty awesome Punisher films by now.

Probably one of the worst feelings in the world is the moment that you find yourself on-set and you realize that this is just a business and nobody gives a shit about anyone or anything except making money. It's a pretty awful realization. Anyway, that wasn't what I signed up for.

I really hope I'm wrong, and that we see Tom in another Punisher film again. At the very least it's heartening to see that someone cares enough about a character to take time out of his day (without getting a paycheque) to make a fan film. That's pretty cool. And like I said, you guys got it right with Dirty Laundry. Good job.

Tom - Dunno if you missed out on my question earlier...but them boots your wearing in the short, where can I find em???

-Raffi

oh sorry - got distracted. yeah the boots. i've had em for years. the labels all wore out on em. let me dig thru the closet and see if i can find something.

I hope to God that gets me a Producer credit on THE CLEANER. :) I think it'd be a great idea. Marvel will surely take note if TJ has a web-series with over 500k views where he is Punisher'esque. They could've went young for Nick Fury, but they got SLJ. The Punisher was never a clean cut kinda guy to begin with.

something like that would be purty cool... we could shoot 10 shorts and string em all together at the end to make one long film. that would be tits. each short would be a stand alone deal, but they'd all make sense as a whole too...

I think Geow is my new best friend.

You think like us. That's why the independent route.

Maybe it'd be close to impossible to go with a Punisher film franchise, but cable/pay cable - show with balls and production value may be the key and would not threaten Marvel's tent-pole superhero franchise cash-cow.

There are some guys at Marvel that care quite a lot. Let's hope they were paying attention ;) Never know.

But first and foremost, TJ did this one for the fans, and to scratch that itch that still needed scratching!

Fucking knocked it outta the park too.

Phil Joanou, Chad St. John - TJ put the right team together and lo and behold . . . . GREAT Results ;)

- TB

Well let me know if you want to do that web series. I'm in LA and ready to go! I'll work on it for free, I have a production background as well. Plus I got some folks with gear who would be gung ho about this.

Guest AdminGuyX

Curious if there was ever any thought or discussion on Frank using a firearm instead of a jack bottle. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the scene. Just curious if the story ever went that way.

I have a quick question for Mr. Jane. I have been reading some articles about you. And one of them said you are thinking about retiring from acting. That you would rather just direct and do the comic books. Is that true? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. And I thought Dirty Laundry was totally awsome. :rolleyes:

What these guys don't realize, is that they're all pretty good at killing their own cash cows.

that's cause they figure there's always another cow to kill. they don't seem to mind that one man's 'cow' is another's favorite character. and nothing SUCKS more than having your favorite character raped and pillaged on screen. all your friends go, "you LIKE that guy?"

Guest AdminGuyX

Fucking knocked it outta the park too.

Phil Joanou, Chad St. John - TJ put the right team together and lo and behold . . . . GREAT Results ;)

- TB

Lets not forget you Tim. I would love to see this whole team on a feature length crime film, action film, hell even a dark comedy. :)

Lets not forget you Tim. I would love to see this whole team on a feature length crime film, action film, hell even a dark comedy. :)

That'll come! And thanks for that, Noel!

Tom and I are the core, and we love to pull in those passionate and talented creators of like minds.

Already have stuff in the pipeline and it won't be long until we can unleash ;)

- tb