RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

I was inspired by the old Mean Joe Green commercials for CocaCola (remember those?)

Caught that - -thought it was a great touch.

Recalling how the Coke commercial launched a film, I'm hoping that happens here, too.

~R

First time poster, just had to come in and comment after seeing the Dirty Laundry short... I was always a big fan of Mr. Jane's Frank Castle and I love all your work in general. This really blew my mind. The tension build up was just so well done and that made the payoff at the end that much better. Chad St. John really did knock it out of the park. It could have easily been heavy handed and 10 minutes of action and not been nearly as awesome. The fact that it's really resonating with fans must be really gratifying, and rightly so, so far over 325k views on Youtube and vastly more positive feedback than bad... I really hope, as a fan that the powers that be take note of this and maybe give us the Punisher movie that we want, with Thomas Jane's Frank Castle...

my buddy Chad St. John forwarded me this vid of the reaction in room 26A/B on Saturday night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3GCJgVgnw&feature=youtu.be

Another proud moment for you... Happy for you Thomas... :) and to the whole gang who's helped you out on this.

I really do hope something transpires from this short and you get pitched to do your own Punisher one day ~ TJ style of course.

It seems all of your projects that you have envisioned so far have come to life.  I also like the fact that you go outside of the box to truly achive them.  You really are a true visionary... I commend you for that :)

Keep em' coming...and looking forward to what comes next :)

Paola

I also had a laugh when I seen you drinking the "yoohoo" drink...you don't say that's your fav...how cute? lol

Loved the coloration of the film with the shadows on the faces. Talking about faces you have great facial expressions that give such depth to the character, I kept wondering what was going through Frank's mind. I also love how Frank gave the power to the victim, wish we all had that power when we've been done wrong. Frank is who every man or woman wants to be. The neighborhood looks like the neighborhood I teach in and those guys could have once been students of mine in NYC. All in all you did a great job!

my buddy Chad St. John forwarded me this vid of the reaction in room 26A/B on Saturday night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3GCJgVgnw&feature=youtu.be

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS AN AWESOME RESPONSE AND WELL DESERVED TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FROM EVERYONE WHO LOVE IT!!!

Okay, got pointed at the video early this morning.

Already loved your original film. It had its problems, but none of them had anything to do with you or your portrayal.

Then I see Dirty Laundry...

It was like Christmas came early...Yeah, the stockings were full of grenades and the tree had been swapped out for a Tall Boy bomb... :D

But you gotta adjust to things like that in Frank's world... ;)

Thank you SO much for this. Hoping to God that something like this makes Marvel give you another chance at the role (this time for-pay) and doesn't try to meddle.

Really glad to see all the new faces pop into the forums to comment on the short film!

A lot will move on after the fires subsides, and that's OK ;)

For the ones who stick around to be further abused by all things RAW - Bless ya!

Great comments. The short is enjoying almost universal web-wide acceptance - THANK YOU!!!

Most of the negative stuff is aimed at specific artistic choices so not really an issue. There was no money so no apologies ;)

And nothing is immune to the nitpicking - Nature of the beast.

Some of these clowns that take themselves too seriously, shouting loud that the content is racist . . . Absurd!!!

Who do they think Frank is saving from the evil people of color . . . Zack Effron?

Ask Sammi (Goldtooth) if he thought the script or the content was racist.

He'd tell 'em to talk to Cohen . . . .

Cohen?

Cohen fuck yerself.

;)

Thanks for all the support!!!!

Means a lot to a cast and crew who worked on their days off for free cause they believed in Tom, Chad, and Phil . . . and most importantly, FRANK.

Cheers to all - TB

Hey, did Tim mock up poster for this?

Naw, Mike - We did no art for this.

Maybe if the fates intervene and there is the opportunity to take the concept further ;)

- tB

Tim, always wanted to ask you this:

What's your favorite skull besides your own? The original round eyes with Zeck, the classic Potts design you see on everything, Jim Lee's with the jagged eyes, the '04 movie skull, etc... ? Which one evolved to what we see in the short?

Funny how every Punisher film has divided fans- even when it's a ten minute short! This is easily the first to generate almost universal praise, though. There's just something about Tom's portrayal that has always felt right.

To me, Dirty Laundry is a classic western. High Noon by way of Frank Castle. I also love the way it can be viewed any number of ways: A continuation of the 2004 movie. Origin tale. The retired gunfighter. Passing of the torch. Or maybe just a day in the life of Tom Jane. :D

Very, very satisfying stuff.

Tim, always wanted to ask you this:

What's your favorite skull besides your own? The original round eyes with Zeck, the classic Potts design you see on everything, Jim Lee's with the jagged eyes, the '04 movie skull, etc... ? Which one evolved to what we see in the short?

I always loved the Frank Miller one from his Daredevil days and thought it was neat how the skull teeth were incorporated into the utility-like features of his belt!

Loved Zeck's - And the Steven Grant/Mike Zeck version was what reeeeally got me into the character. Even had his other appearances way back then cause I was a bit of a collector and naturally the dark threads and the skull had me from the word GO. And finally, if you look above me at The Punisher Skull's avatar . . . . I LOVE that classic one (Potts?), and used it from start to finish on Punisher MAX.

Good stuff!

And apologies for the slight thread hijack, but I just ran across this shot of Frank (Punisher MAX version) by artist Nathan Fairbairn that I think is genius!

punisher_by_fairbairn.jpg

- TB

To get back on track - Here's a cool pic I snapped on set of Dirty Laundry -

Phil and Ron at the liquor store location ;)

Diggit!

philron.jpg

- TB

Anyone know what the people at Marvel think of it? This sure has given Tom and The Punisher a lot of positive buzz.

this from Phil Joanou:

Yours truly choreographed that fight in my bedroom!

Andy (Cheng) came to help wrangle the stuntmen and keep it crisp...

But every hit was worked out at the foot of the bed with my wife saying "what in the hell are you doing?!" and me saying "I'm killing eight guys with a bottle of jack Daniels!"

Not kidding...!

Thanks Tom! I'll keep an eye out for more of his stuff. It was a blast.

Wellll you sons a bitches always fuckin impress me I swear. Constant chills were flowing through me watching this fuckin thing and when the tee opened up, I about blacked the fuck out.

Tom, Tim and crew....thank you very much for doing what needed to be done. Thanks for making this happen for all of us who love you and Frank.

Now lets get Marvel to open up their fucking eyes and wallets and pull Tom back in and say "Okay brother, we'll do it your way!"

-Raf

Really glad to see all the new faces pop into the forums to comment on the short film!

A lot will move on after the fires subsides, and that's OK ;)

For the ones who stick around to be further abused by all things RAW - Bless ya!

Nah, I think I'll stick around for a while. See what you wierdos are up to.

Pretty sure Cheng has worked extensively with Jackie Chan -

- tb

Thank you Tim!

Nah, I think I'll stick around for a while. See what you wierdos are up to.

Arright!!!

Welcome!

- tb

First of all, I've got to say "KUDOS" to Thomas and Tim and Phil and everyone associated with this short. It is nothing short of amazing, and to know that everyone did it for nothing but the love of it makes it that much more special. It's absolutely fantastic to see Thomas step back into the role of Frank Castle again. As far as I'm concerned, no one else will ever come close to Thomas' portrayal of that character. He OWNS it. End of discussion.

Loved everyone who appeared in this, especially Thomas and Perlman, but especially loved the kid, the girl and the gangleader. They were all spot on in their portrayals as well. There aren't enough words to describe it.

Absolutely loved seeing what Castle could do with a bottle of Jack. From the moment he dropped the bag and flipped the bottle in the air, it was on!!!! HAHA!! Don't know which was better, the way he tossed the bottle in the air, or the way he flung it like a missile at the last thug and beaned him with it!! :D

The sfx were great. All of the blood spurting reminded me of Quentin Tarantino and the Kill Bill movies. And the broken bones sticking out were great! The dialogue was sparse, as one would expect the Punisher to be, but it was also razor-sharp, much like Tarantino's. The line about the difference between justice and punishment is off the charts wicked. In my mind, I could almost swear that came from Castle's speech at the end of Jane's 2004 Punisher. It was pure Frank Castle. Made the whole film.

Great work, guys and please keep these coming. It would be awesome to see this as a series of short web-only films if Marvel doesn't wake up and do the right thing. This is the kind of Punisher sequel they need to make and throw out that WarZone crap. This is The Punisher done right.

Kudos again, guys!! :P

Not to veer too off topic, but Tim, you ever think about releasing a little photo book of some of the pictures you snap at cons or sets? I know Jeff Bridges does for most movies.