RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

Guest AdminGuyX

So, who's the kid? He does a damn good job. Everyone did, Joanou is a gifted actors director, but I have not seen the young kid before and I thought he was great. He drops that line about not running drugs like a seasoned pro.

If I was going to nitpick this, I'd ask questions like Why does the bottle not break? Why did he just throw his clothes in the dryer, and not wash them? That's just nit picking though.

a full bottle of Jack will crush a human skull. do not try this at home.

Tom, what did it feel like to step back into the part after nearly a decade away? Was it easy/tough?

So, who's the kid? He does a damn good job. Everyone did, Joanou is a gifted actors director, but I have not seen the young kid before and I thought he was great. He drops that line about not running drugs like a seasoned pro.

his name is Karlin Walker! he rocks. Phil made a great find. i hope we see the kid again. his folks were super cool about the low rent production. he plays 'DeShawn' and we named the character after my best friend in elementary school - Shawn Walker.

believe it or not they share the last name by pure coincidence.

Tom, what did it feel like to step back into the part after nearly a decade away? Was it easy/tough?

like slipping in to an old girlfriend. easy and hard at the same time.

Hell, an empty beer bottle can cave in a face.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I saw a man try breaking a bottle of jack on a curb once, and he could not do it.

i hope we see the kid again.
Me too, I'll watch out for him now. You can see the terror and defiance in his eyes. That ain't easy to pull off. Thanks Tom!

haha good question. the idea was, Frank is trying to take a breather after one particularly hard mission - which has forced him to blow his hideaway and lose everything - again. something that Frank is pretty used to by now.

he's managed to escape relatively unscathed, but all he's got left is a .45 or two. he's got to rebuild his life all over again.

he's stolen a van and parked it on a forgotten street in the ghetto, where he climbs into the back and gets a few hours of much deserved sleep. Morning comes and he decides he might as well wash the blood out of his uniform, and put something in his stomach.

his day hasn't even started yet when sure enough, trouble finds him. again.

the last thing he wants to do is get involved with some street punks war party.

capiche?

Good enough for me. I just ask because that seems to be the one complaint some people are having with the short.

Who choreographed the fight scenes or did you guys make that up on the fly? It looked great.

Good enough for me. I just ask, because that seems to be the one complaint some people are having with the short.

pass on this page and tell em they can get their questions answered here.

I saw it today on you tube. And you have not lost your touch one bit. To me you will always be the punisher. Excellent job by the way. ;)

No money! Damn.

You're right, this does look pretty amazing for being done for free. Hell, this looks better than most films/television shows.

The whole cast is pretty damn good too. Seeing Ron is always a treat. The kid was great. He really was a find. I hope this will help launch him on to something.

Speaking of Ron, was he in attendence?

Speaking of Ron, was he in attendence?

yes he was. he hadn't seen the short and we unveiled it for him and the Bradstreet at SDCC. we all sat in the crowd and let her rip.

Frank, uhh, sorry, Tom, i had to register here to say that all you guys did a fantastic job with this short. Forget about the score, or every other technical aspects of it, as great as they might be. All i know is that the whole short just felt right. Had Frank been a real person, this could have well been a documentary. I give my praises to you and all of the people involved in making it. And from now on, i'm keeping my bottles of jack full. you never now when you're gonna run into a hoodlum in a nasty part of town, hahaha!

Too late. Now I don't know math. Oh well. It's being a big bottle helps too. Is there anything Jack can't solve? Either way, really great seeing you back in the role. Haven't lost your touch.

Frank, uhh, sorry, Tom, i had to register here to say that all you guys did a fantastic job with this short. Forget about the score, or every other technical aspects of it, as great as they might be. All i know is that the whole short just felt right. Had Frank been a real person, this could have well been a documentary. I give my praises to you and all of the people involved in making it. And from now on, i'm keeping my bottles of jack full. you never now when you're gonna run into a hoodlum in a nasty part of town, hahaha!

thanks pal!

I really hope you decide to do another punisher movie. But I hope they let you decide who the character should be. Because you definately know how Frank Castle should be one bad ass dude. Sorry I swore.

Finally, validation!

When I saw the skull, I damn near flipped out. Seeing Mr. Jane as The Punisher again was nearly a dream come true. I absolutely loved his portrayal as Frank in the '04 movie, and felt genuine sadness when he walked away from Punisher 2 (which was probably the best decision he could have done - that movie was ridiciulous). No disrespect at all to Ray Stevenson, but Thomas Jane is simply a better Frank.

As for the soundtrack - I didn't notice it was from Dark Knight. I thought it fit the short fairly well. Made for 0 cash, I just have to say it was amazing and I simply cannot heap enough praise on you guys. Always been a fan Tom, and will continue to be. Heres hoping to seeing him reprise the role again, and more times after.

1 Cav 4 BCT 4 BSTB, Spartans. "Unleash the Dogs of Hell First Sergeant!"

Who choreographed the fight scenes or did you guys make that up on the fly? It looked great.

this from Phil Joanou:

Yours truly choreographed that fight in my bedroom!

Andy (Cheng) came to help wrangle the stuntmen and keep it crisp...

But every hit was worked out at the foot of the bed with my wife saying "what in the hell are you doing?!" and me saying "I'm killing eight guys with a bottle of jack Daniels!"

Not kidding...!

Hahaha... That's hilarious.

As for "The Grey", my favorite movie of the year. Quite a talented lot on this project. What are the odds we get a round 2?

Just saw the link to it on Twitter. That was AWESOME! Frank Castle is still as bad-ass & sexy as ever. Loved Ron Perlman in it too. TJ did you script this?

And had to chuckle that Frank was drinking Yoohoo. (Save the liquor for breaking some skulls instead)

Cris

What I really enjoyed was seeing you work with Ron Pearlman you guys work well together. You guys were good in Dark Country and Mutant Chronicles. You guys are both really good actors.

I just registered as well to say AWESOME JOB!

I really hope someone at Marvel Studios see's this. Thomas Jane needs to be Frank Castle once again. Very cool short. I loved every minute of it.

I tweeted this out to some peeps at Marvel..hopefully this gets noticed and goes viral.

TJ did you script this?

I was inspired by the old Mean Joe Green commercials for CocaCola (remember those?)

Phil, Chad and myself had a powwow and we outlined the general idea.

Chad St. John did the honors, and frankly he knocked it out of the park. that's when we all knew we had something.

And had to chuckle that Frank was drinking Yoohoo. (Save the liquor for breaking some skulls instead)

my favorite.

Cris