RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

Well, it's Tom Cruise. Plus his production company bought the movie rights.

Well, it's Tom Cruise. Plus his production company bought the movie rights.

Yeah, movie money makes everything else possible.

Then, again....Look what #DirtyLaundry did w/ so little. 3,139,767 views & counting -- Impressive. B) It’s my favorite viral video on the interwebs.

Movie magic is key.... bigger budgets can allow you to get away with anything. I remember 3 years ago I was working as an extra on Red Dawn and I went up to Chris Hemsworth and asked if he was ready to play Thor, he was excited to talk with me about it.... he's already 6'3 but he wasn't built like a tank yet. He said he was only about 210.

Now think about this, 6'3 and 210 is the build of an NFL wide receiver. He then said he was going to put on an additional 5-10 pounds and that they will "condense" him on screen, making him look bigger. You take a look at Thor and you'd think he was 240-250. He was only about 215-220.

Same goes for Hugh Jackman...he's also about 6'3 and he told me the exact same think. As Wolverine he looks buff as fuck, but Hugh was never past 225. He appears about 240 though...MOVIE MAGIC folks.

Fun stuff, fun stuff. They use movie magic on the good actors because not everyone can look like Arnold along with being a great actor. The body builders getting into big budget films don't work anymore. That's where this FX comes into play.

-Raf

Movie magic is where it's at. Just look at Dirty Laundry. This had no budget to speak of, yet it looked amazing. Though, some films just can't get that going for them, I don't think I need to mention any names ;)

I would love to see Dirty Laundry turn into somthing Tom does every 2-3 years.

Absolutely love DL - it was bang on the money and really well scripted. TL nailed it and proved who's the Punisher daddy once and for all. DL2 in the pipeline??

Movie magic is where it's at. Just look at Dirty Laundry. This had no budget to speak of, yet it looked amazing. Though, some films just can't get that going for them, I don't think I need to mention any names ;)

I would love to see Dirty Laundry turn into somthing Tom does every 2-3 years.

Maybe as Webisodes?

Can you inspire the guy who produced DL though?

Guest AdminGuyX

You never know. I think a lot of times producers and such say things like "There will never be a sequel" just to light a fire under fans asses. I think Dirty Laundry has set a different standard, a new standard. It's wildly popular. People love it, and I think it's got creative people thinking more freely. Which is never a bad thing.

To be fair people are considering a 2nd Dreed movie down to the increased hype and further increase sales of DVD/BR so I would never write anything off but then again im an eternal optimist!

Here's the link to some news from Lawrence, over at my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group:

Punisher: Dirty Laundry to Screen - Dan Carrillo Levy's Arriaga-written "Zero Hour" and Thomas Jane's fan-directed "Punisher: Dirty Laundry" will screen at fest's Aug. 15 launch

The ninth annual HollyShorts Film Festival will open on Aug. 15

More info here:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/guillermo-arriaga-punisher-shorts-open-hollyshorts-fest-exclusive-106826

Jen

Here's the link to some news from Lawrence, over at my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group:

Punisher: Dirty Laundry to Screen - Dan Carrillo Levy's Arriaga-written "Zero Hour" and Thomas Jane's fan-directed "Punisher: Dirty Laundry" will screen at fest's Aug. 15 launch

The ninth annual HollyShorts Film Festival will open on Aug. 15

More info here:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/guillermo-arriaga-punisher-shorts-open-hollyshorts-fest-exclusive-106826

Jen

I really enjoyed this short film. But now alot of people want him to do another punisher movie. Would it be cool yes, but when would he have time to do it. :)

the legend grows! talked to a guy yesterday that sells burned dvds...dirty laundry is one of his best sellers!

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, bootleggers love those fan films.

I was over on slash film FB page and they were discussing Marvel getting the rights back to The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider.

Many, maybe even most of the comments talked about how good Dirty Laundry was, and how much they want Tom to play Frank Castle again.

I think Tom should make another Punisher short film. And then another. That way, we'd have a trilogy. B)

I think Tom should make another Punisher short film. And then another. That way, we'd have a trilogy. B)

Oooooohhhhhh. A trilogy ... me likey! :)