RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

That is awsome you are very lucky I would love to have one of those.

Yeah boy I know it too like I said let nobody say that TJ ain't a man of his word..I got this 2 days after he said he was sending it out..That dedication too fans and its awesome..

Gonna be putting together a nice shadow box display up for this,I'll post pic's once Its completed.

Excellent article Tim, nice to see Dark Country picked out for praise. I remember seeing Deep Blue Sea at the cinema when it was released and Tom burnt up the screen. The scene where he had the one on one conversation with Sam Jackson about his characters murky past was a real standout.

Reading around the net Dirty Laundry has the kind of universal acclaim that is very rare. Wanted to add my congrats on the film. Hoping for some more Tom Jane Punisher in the future

Gonna be putting together a nice shadow box display up for this,I'll post pic's once Its completed.

Cool can't wait to see it. :)

I realize this project was a labor of love and cost next to nothing to create (Even though that shirt is the shit!) but how do we get this circulated on a more broad basis? I've added the link to my signature on most boards I visit, posted the link directly in various threads, but how do we get this out to the non "in crowd"? I realize with is being a Marvel property it cant be shown as a short for say Cable networks, sadly. Because I think you'd blow that 10million viewership out of the water. Racking my brain to figure out how and where to push this... this needs to be seen. How many festivals, contests, etc are out there to push this project? I havent felt a fire like this since 2004, lol

BTW, Tom, get your ass on some more talk shows and have them air your "Dirty Laundry"

It would be great too open it up too a bigger viewership a broader audience,But Tom and Crew made this for the Punisher fans and outta his own love for Frank,I'd love too see this become something more but the reality is that was'nt the intention I think Tom got too tell Frank he loved him and we got too tell Frank how much we all miss him,And that was the intent show Frank some love and set things right..Tom had mentioned that Franks time on the big screen has past,I hate too admit it but he has a very valid point,Frank's a brute a human war machine hellbent on stamping out evil whenever or where ever he find's it, sadly that just not a popular notion anymore.I dig it you dig it but the public has become strange when it comes too that there's so much gray area nowdays that the line between good and evil has become obscured with explaination's and opinions.That and it seems the smaller Marvel properties just don't get the right attention I don't blame Lexi Alexanders Punisher Warzone I dug it!..I blame that last Ghost Rider flick I think that cemented the whole Marvel Knights deal as done it was a poorly made and conceived travesty that on its own I'm sure has finshed what Marvel considers their B properties in film..I bet if it was'nt for that there coulda been more afterall Warzone has enjoyed a bit of a second wind since its intial release..As Punisher fans Dirty Laundry is special too us even a couple of my friends who are not fans dug it for its gritty feel and powerful message.But at least there's hope for Frank on the screen again but it would really take an act of god at this point..Marvel loves their 200 million dollar Superhero epics not their 20 million dollar antihero flicks.

In the 2000s, there have been plenty of succesful revenge/vigilante/anti-hero themed thrillers in movies and TV:

-LAW ABDING CITIZEN

-THE BRAVE ONE

-MAN ON FIRE

-BOONDOCK SAINTS 2 (limited release and did very well)

-Most of the 24 TV series has JACK going off and murdering/torturing bad guys

-DEXTER

-To a certain extent PERSON OF INTEREST and BURN NOTICE feature vigilantes

-and, yes, KILL BILL and INGLORIOUS BASTERDS (the Shoshanna plot is revenge on the Nazis)

-to a certain extent GRAN TORINO has a vigilante sub-text...

-despite it being a satire, I am tempted to add MACHETE

-and another adaptation of violent comic book material: SIN CITY (Marv is out for some serious payback)

Some have had AT LEAST critical acclaim if not box office glory:

-HARRY BROWN

-THE HORSEMAN

-the Korean movies I SAW THE DEVIL and OLDBOY (and others I might have never heard of!)

Maybe Marvel is no longer willing to invest in R-Rated anti-heroes, but to say that the idea of a brutal vigilante movie won't work or won't be succesful...I disagree. It's not for everyone, but it can find its audience and can even be well reviewed if it's compelling enough and not just mindless gore. And as for hyperviolent characters in general, if RAMBO can make a comeback, why not FRANK CASTLE? JOE CARNAHAN was interested in a DEATH WISH remake...Anything is possible...

Guest AdminGuyX

I realize this project was a labor of love and cost next to nothing to create (Even though that shirt is the shit!) but how do we get this circulated on a more broad basis? I've added the link to my signature on most boards I visit, posted the link directly in various threads, but how do we get this out to the non "in crowd"? I realize with is being a Marvel property it cant be shown as a short for say Cable networks, sadly. Because I think you'd blow that 10million viewership out of the water. Racking my brain to figure out how and where to push this... this needs to be seen. How many festivals, contests, etc are out there to push this project? I havent felt a fire like this since 2004, lol

BTW, Tom, get your ass on some more talk shows and have them air your "Dirty Laundry"

Ain't no day time talk shows, hell, even night time talk shows going to air Dirty Laundry. The best they would do is show a clip. I think the film is getting out to the people it's intended to be for. The fans. It's well over 2 million hits now and it hasn't even been posted for 2 weeks yet. 55,000 + likes and 447 dislikes tells the real story anyway. They'd call that a landslide if we were talking about elected office.

Some have had AT LEAST critical acclaim if not box office glory:

-HARRY BROWN

-THE HORSEMAN

-the Korean movies I SAW THE DEVIL and OLDBOY (and others I might have never heard of!)

OLDBOY is my favorite film of the last 10 years. masterpiece. how dare they consider remaking it as a Hollywood film! yes, there will always be room for a good revenge flick.

OLDBOY is my favorite film of the last 10 years. masterpiece. how dare they consider remaking it as a Hollywood film! yes, there will always be room for a good revenge flick.

I am a fan of "OLDBOY" too!

It was breathtaking, brutal, great plot (with so many twists) and the acting was superb! I think it's one of the best revenge movies ever made! Extremely intelligent and had such an edgy script -- loved it!

I also saw "I SAW THE DEVIL"... It was also another great revenge flick. Just love the acting in both films... What can I say but those Koreans...

Both movies were brilliant and both left such an impact on me..

Yeah, but the fact that Spike Lee is doing it, is the only thing really keeping my interest for the remake. But I've kinda always been more of a Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance guy than Oldboy. Also gotta echo my love for I Saw the Devil, one of my favorite films of the last few years. I'd say it's up there with Dead Man's Shoes as a perfect example of how to do a revenge film. Brutal, uncomprimising, showing the price seeking revenge on the soul and all that good intersesting shit.

Cool JoeBlo interview guys. One of my favorite podcasts made even better by The Raw team. Old Boy was awesome. I saw the Devil kicked my ass as well.

One that wasnt mentioned that I enjoyed the hell out of, and I'm not sure when it was made, was The Limey. Not super this or that just very well made I thought.

Loved Harry Brown......

Aright off topic but kind of on topic....

....I've watched the clip many many times over and I have a question for everyone here:

Am I the only one who played Don Henley in my head every time I saw the title "Dirty Laundry"?

...just sayin.

I gotta catch up on these revenge flicks.

-Raf

Cool JoeBlo interview guys. One of my favorite podcasts made even better by The Raw team. Old Boy was awesome. I saw the Devil kicked my ass as well.

One that wasnt mentioned that I enjoyed the hell out of, and I'm not sure when it was made, was The Limey. Not super this or that just very well made I thought.

The Limey fucking rules, my China-plate mate ;)

- tb

gotta check out I SAW THE DEVIL.

speaking of the Koreans - just posted a UFO filmed over Korea two days ago. amazing video

check it out on the Raw Studios/Get Sirius thread...

gotta check out I SAW THE DEVIL.

speaking of the Koreans - just posted a UFO filmed over Korea two days ago. amazing video

check it out on the Raw Studios/Get Sirius thread...

Yeah, you should really get on that. Also, since you are an Oldboy fan, you'll be glad to know that Choi Min-sik, the guy that played Oh Dae-su in Oldboy plays the villain in I Saw the Devil.

The Limey fucking rules, my China-plate mate ;)

- tb

Yeah, The Limey is great. So is Haywire, which I guess could fit within the perimiter of an revenge film.

Watched most of I saw the Devil last night but fell asleep, that's no comment on the film's quality but it IS a comment on my state of exhaustion :)

Good stuff, pretty brutal but also beautifully shot - The director is definitely a fan of Kubrick, which can only be a good thing.

- tb

I really liked Haywire, though the film lacks the impact of the previously mentioned films, IMO, it was blast to watch and thought it was great to look at. Beautifully shot I thought. It seemed like a short to simply showcase these great locales and Gina's ability to kick ass. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

This is just a quick question for TJ and TB! I remember a while back (on this site) TJ had mentioned something about a "pipe dream" for a Punisher sequel involving Frank Castle and a female FBI agent whose daughter is kidnapped and Frank's help is enlisted through his release from prison? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. On to the question...any chances of THAT idea being made into a short film?

I thought The Horseman was a great movie. Very simple, but very effective. If you love revenge films, check it out if you haven't seen it. Harry Brown was also pretty good. Good to see Caine go back to his ass kicking roots, while also showing his age.