RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

you can take a baby to anything. they have no idea whats going on anyway. i took my kid everywhere as a baby, and as a result she can sleep through thunder. when they hit about two, two and a half, then you gotta start locking them in the trunk when you wanna watch a flick or get a good meal..

Can't wait until your babysitting training video comes out. lol

:P You guys are killing me... laughing so hard, my eyes are watering.

"Dirty Laundry 2"?

k0v4m.jpg

"Dirty Laundry 2"?

k0v4m.jpg

That is freakin hilarious. :lol:

I'd read it.

In regard to making a new punisher movie, Marvel does have the property back and is still interested in making a new film. As it stands, they want to get their big franchises built up first though - Iron Man 3 is coming soon, Thor 2 and Cap 2 are in the making, along with an Ant Man movie (wtf?)

As it stands, it very possible of a new one being made. The chances are very much in our favor now that the studio owns the rights again.

TJ, you said you have a doozy of a story - why not approach them and say "Alright fellas, check this out..."

Although, all my knowledge of the film industry amounts to precisely dick.

I think that Hollywood needs to start being a bit more responsible when it comes to films. The Christopher Nolan Batman films are NOT for children - but they're PG-13 anyway. The Heath Ledger Joker was NOT the Caesar Romero Joker. Ledger was actually terrifying. That is not a movie I would allow my children to see (if I had kids). Batman is a character that appeals to children. There were some pretty sadistic acts of violence in all three Dark Knight movies (like bombs beings sewn inside a character's stomach).

That's another reason why any new films about The Punisher should be Rated R. Frank Castle is NOT a character for children. He is a very adult character, and to make a PG-13 film about him would be done just to make him more accessible to children. It would be very irresponsible. Castle is not only an R-rated character, but he's a hard R.

Frank is all about punishing people who are clearly guilty, and if you go by the 2004 version alone, he makes the punishment fit the crime. He's very "fair" in how he goes about taking care of business. For example, if you're just a psycho who's harassing your girlfriend, you get smacked on the nose with your own knife and thrown down the stairs. Lesson learned. However, if you're a big Russian dude who makes a living by butchering people in cold blood, you get a pot of boiling soup in the face and your head smashed open.

But none if this is for children. Children should not be exposed to Frank's exploits. That's why they have Superman and Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. Frank Castle does not belong in a PG-13 film and he does not belong on television (unless it's HBO). Doing so would only be done to widen the audience and make him more accessible to children, and that would be wrong. Really wrong.

As for there being too much violence in Hollywood films, I don't see them changing any time soon. As for the "Batman massacre," - blame the sicko who did it. He's the one who is ultimately responsible. I will personally never understand why anyone would do what he did.

The only real blame that Warner Bros. has to shoulder is that they somehow made three Batman movies that should have been R-rated into PG-13 fare. When you think about the content, they're not really PG-13 movies - but they didn't show much actual blood and said "fuck" less than two times. Doing something like that with The Punisher would be the height of irresponsibility.

Everything else aside, I'd like to know what possessed parents to literally bring infants to a midnight screening of TDKR. First of all, that's way too late to be bringing a kid that age to a screening of Bambi. The Dark Knight Rises had imagery that would terrify small children.

It's been awhile since I've read actual comic books, but I'd like to know if the "Comics Code" is still in effect or being enforced? Can anyone answer that?

The fuck are you smoking? There's no reason that a Batman movie should ever be R-rated. hat's just fanboy bullshit right there.

Mr Jane,

First of all, though I did not care for the 2004 PUNISHER movie (or WAR ZONE for that matter), you were excellent in it. I absolutely mean that.

Congratulations for the quality of DIRTY LAUNDRY (2 000 000 views, bravo!). Thank you for your love and commitment to THE PUNISHER. I can only DREAM of what a WALTER HILL Punisher movie could have been like. Phil Joanou is a very interesting choice as well.

I am, however, one of those who do not agree with the version of "THE PUNISHER" presented in DIRTY LAUNDRY. The violence and ugliness, yes, they fit in THE PUNISHER's world. The fight itself was beautiful to see, The apathy, however, displayed by CASTLE in the short goes against almost every version of the character I have read in the past 20 years. And the versions that did show PUNISHER in such a light (someone who kills innocents or lets it happen deliberately), I didn't care for. Punisher may not be a hero, but he wouldn't stand and watch a woman and child be harmed and delay reaction. Especially not after having lost his wife and children. That is only an opinion.

I do wish you continued success. If you and Mr Joanou do a full length PUNISHER movie-or something along those lines-I will see it and pay for it with pleasure.

Regards,

BLACKSTONE

The fuck are you smoking? there's no reason that a Batman movie should ever be R-rated. hat's just fanboy bullshit right there.

Hey there. That's not what I said. What I was saying was that the producers of The Dark Knight films walked right up to the "R" line, and then took a couple of steps back to make it PG-13. They were not "kid friendly" Batman films. Never said that there should be an R rated Batman film.

I am, however, one of those who do not agree with the version of "THE PUNISHER" presented in DIRTY LAUNDRY.

Chacun son gout.

Mr Jane,

First of all, though I did not care for the 2004 PUNISHER movie (or WAR ZONE for that matter), you were excellent in it. I absolutely mean that.

Congratulations for the quality of DIRTY LAUNDRY (2 000 000 views, bravo!). Thank you for your love and commitment to THE PUNISHER. I can only DREAM of what a WALTER HILL Punisher movie could have been like. Phil Joanou is a very interesting choice as well.

I am, however, one of those who do not agree with the version of "THE PUNISHER" presented in DIRTY LAUNDRY. The violence and ugliness, yes, they fit in THE PUNISHER's world. The fight itself was beautiful to see, The apathy, however, displayed by CASTLE in the short goes against almost every version of the character I have read in the past 20 years. And the versions that did show PUNISHER in such a light (someone who kills innocents or lets it happen deliberately), I didn't care for. Punisher may not be a hero, but he wouldn't stand and watch a woman and child be harmed and delay reaction. Especially not after having lost his wife and children. That is only an opinion.

I do wish you continued success. If you and Mr Joanou do a full length PUNISHER movie-or something along those lines-I will see it and pay for it with pleasure.

Regards,

BLACKSTONE

well, everybody's got their something. ;)

you can read my post near the beginning of this thread for a description of where Franks head might have been at that morning.

one thing about people - they almost never act the way you think they should.

but i agree with you for the most part.

one thing Frank is not is apathetic -- most days.

you can read my post near the beginning of this thread for a description of where Franks head might have been at that morning.

I thought it was because Frank was unarmed and facing highly unfavourable odds. That is, til he picked up the bottle of Jack. Definitely helps clear it up though.

Sheesh-ka-bobs ! What's going on ?

It's a short flick based on a violent comic book character.

Comic books were originally intended for soldiers of war... not children.

Ritchie-Rich is for kids (even Archie is sharing more these days than I care to know about his private life).

Why'd Frank take so long to act ?

The "Punisher" that I've come to know and love hit the 'Quit that shit' button years ago.

Maybe he's been trying to change his ways. I mean, quite clearly, he's given up drinking &/or exercises temperance.

Or, maybe those recipes in Better Homes and Garden magazine were truly amazing.

I loved it !

All of it, the acting, photography... everything.

Although, there was one thing-

It could have been continuity or a simple time fade due to film length, but .....

Was he putting dry clothes into the dryer ?

Maybe just a little 'fluff & fold', Oh well, I do that sometimes too.

Two thumbs up !

2rhlm3a.jpg

I like that we don't really know what's going on inside Frank's head...why he's slow to react...why he's waking up in a van and appears to be unarmed...etc.

Sure, they could've just had Frank pulling a gun out of his clothes basket, but I doubt that would've generated the same amount of interest on Youtube. (Plus, we wouldn't have gotten to see Ron Perlman in a Punisher film!)

Thank you for the response, Mr Jane.

Again, should you ever make a Punisher full length movie with Mr Joanou-STATE OF GRACE was brillant-or any sort of vigilante/crime/revenge thriller in this style, I will support it.

Reagrds,

BLACKSTONE

...or, is Jane's Punisher going through a faze like Stevenson's Punisher? In Warzone, we saw Frank kill an undercover officer and because of that he continually questions himself.

With #DirtyLaundry, I saw it as Frank questioning himself... do I intervene? Is it my place? Maybe people are right and I shouldn't be doing what I do?

6 months sober... are we just talking about the drinking? To me it looks as though Frank has stopped "punishing" and this incident was the spark to re-ignite the flame (literally... some bloke got set the fuck on fire!)

If I can be a Monday morning quarterback/director for a moment. I think the short would have worked better if the gang showed up after Frank went into the laundromat. He's minding his own buisness, hears the ruckus outside, sees what's happening, and so on and so forth It really would have made him seem less apathetic about it all. But then again, I'm just some asshole on the internet.

A very special gift from a very special friend of Frank!..Thank you Tom!..Let it never be said that Thomas Jane is not a man of his word..And thanks Tim for getting that info Too Tom!..God I look wiped out in that pic!..Musta been the 25 minute long victory dance after I opened the package!

AdamsPics1291.jpg[/img]

AdamsPics1131.jpg

Well thats a good pic but not the one I was trying too post..

AdamsPics1290.jpg

There we go...Soo AWESOME!

I wonder how long it'll take before this version of the Punisher shows up at conventions. I'm looking at you, MikeyP!

I think I can handle that ;)

AdamsPics1290.jpg

Awesome stuff!!! I would love to have that in my collection! Damn I'm jealous...haha

AdamsPics1290.jpg

That is awsome you are very lucky I would love to have one of those.

I'm joining the list of Jealous people! #WantNuPunisherTshirt

In other news... I've just made myself a new Facebook "Timeline" cover and thought I'd share for others to use, if they so wish...

dirtylaundry.jpg

what__s_the_difference____by_jaimemolina-d57urh0.jpg

Couldn't resist. I didn't make this - just found.