RED DAWN

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

So, when do we get to see this? :o

Hopefully soon.

Jane just had this convo on Twitter/WhoSay an hour ago:

DJThis: "Some said that at SDCC you're pushing to play The Punisher in a Marvel Reboot? Can you confirm?"

Jane: "Not pushing anything. Just a fan film from friends of Frank."

Can't wait to see this! Maybe it'll inspire Marvel/Disney to give Tom a few million to do the character right for the first time.

Can't wait to see this! Maybe it'll inspire Marvel/Disney to give Tom a few million to do the character right for the first time.

Marvel can easily do what Burton did with the first Batman film & just make a Punisher movie where Castle is already an established vigilante. No need to do an origin film again. FOX is doing the same thing with Mangold's Wolverine film.

I'm stoked... Maybe, just maybe when TJ gets a chance or whomever gets a chance will post it on RAW real soon.

He was certainly full of surprises at this Comic-con... Hmmm, just wondering who on RAW here got to actually see it?

Hoping something will come out of this...since there is so much hype about it...but he says he only wanted to do it because he's a fan and that he's not pushing for anything out there... but hey, you neva know ;)

I am yet to track down any video, but I can not wait to see this. This is Tom's chance to show everyone what they could not get when he was explaining what he wanted for Punisher 2. So far, response for this has been pretty positive. I'm hoping someone at Marvel Studios is paying attention. I believe that when you get a team together that loves the character, it will come out on the screen. Look at Iron Man or Hellboy. Give Tom his due, let him show us his Punisher.

I am yet to track down any video, but I can not wait to see this. This is Tom's chance to show everyone what they could not get when he was explaining what he wanted for Punisher 2. So far, response for this has been pretty positive. I'm hoping someone at Marvel Studios is paying attention. I believe that when you get a team together that loves the character, it will come out on the screen. Look at Iron Man or Hellboy. Give Tom his due, let him show us his Punisher.

I totally agree they need to let him do it. Let tom show them what the punisher should be. Because I think if they do let him they are really going to like what they see. The man definately knows what he is doing.

I'll be damned, you know Jane did say he would just go out and shoot his own Punisher thing one day, low and behold he actually did it. While this is very cool, and I can't wait to see it, I honestly wouldn't hold my breathe on Marvel asking him back. Stranger things have happened though, so who knows.

Guest AdminGuyX

Marvel may already have other plans for Frank Castle by now. Even though they do seem to be going galactic for their films right now. Whatever the case may be, I think Tom had some unfinished business he needed to attend to with Frank. I'm dying to see this short film though. I've been a Joanou fan for years too.

Its amazing to me how easily Jane transforms himself into the Frank Castle persona. Just last year I was used to seeing him as nice-guy Ray Drecker yet the mere scowl in the screencap above oozes Frank Castle.

Marvel may already have other plans for Frank Castle by now. Even though they do seem to be going galactic for their films right now. Whatever the case may be, I think Tom had some unfinished business he needed to attend to with Frank. I'm dying to see this short film though. I've been a Joanou fan for years too.

The TV show isn't going forward, so maybe they'll reconsider their approach to the character.

Guest AdminGuyX

Its amazing to me how easily Jane transforms himself into the Frank Castle persona. Just last year I was used to seeing him as nice-guy Ray Drecker yet the mere scowl in the screencap above oozes Frank Castle.

I thought the same thing! The lighting and overall quality of the image also stood out to me. Honestly, I think Tom has the potential to make Frank Castle iconic on film. He just needs the right script and director to do it! Everything I've heard about this short, it happens.

WOW.

I am truly speechless.

THE DARK KNIGHT meets THE PUNISHER.

Terrific short.

This is exactly what a Punisher movie needs to be.

Bravo, Thomas Jane. Bravo.

Amazing. Just need the other 80 minutes now. This is the type of Punisher film I have been waiting for. Tim, love the skull. Looks like a new take on the original Bradstreet skull.

Don't go to comicbookmovie.com. They give away the whole plot of the short . Who ARE these people?

The TDK score to me at least is a reminder that this short represents a serious approach to the character, with an emphasis on quality (which is what Nolan's Batman films did for the genre).

Jane said the following on Film School Rejects:

“I wanted to make a fan film for a character I’ve always loved and believed in – a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It’s been a blast to be a part of from start to finish —we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.” —Thomas Jane

It didn't need that reminder, it honestly made it a bit distracting. Besides, I don't put The Dark Knight on pedastal like most fanboys, take Iron Man, that movie came out a good two months before The Dark Knight, and showed a serious quality approach to the character. But I'm digressing. I honestly think it would have worked a lot better without music, just let the ambience of the urban enviroment soak in before all the bone crushing, and bloodshed.

Guest AdminGuyX

Certainly the best "fan film" I've ever seen! ;)

Great work guys. Love that skull. Love the old Ford van. The shell casing in the pocket. Love Ron's look as the blown out store owner. The gangster's convertible was cool. And easily the best whiskey bottle beat down ever filmed.

Wow...just finished watching it...that was some crazy ass punishment...loved it!

TJ is so meant for this role...he is such a cool cat. It's so hard to play that. I'd say he's the best punisher out there...

Ron is always a great add and boom stuff with the skull Tim...

I'm sure once everyone see's this out there...they are going to want more. I know all of us do...so who's to say the public wouldn't either... Hmmm, wonder if it's going to just stop here or will there be a pitch?