Well boys and Girls, it's about time!

We're proud to announce the kickoff of a massive undertaking - Bringing the epic story of Bad Planet to the world of Video Games!

Stay tuned for the official press release and the magic link to the Bad Planet Kickstarter page.

Raw Studios is teaming with veteran Austin-based video game developer, Red Fly Studios to bring you a wonderous Sci-Fi adventure!

This is a crowd-funded project and we cannot do it without you.

Our goal is $575,000.00 - But we also have milestones over that amount we want to reach for.

The more $ we get, the more game we can give you!

Extra money goes into adding multiplayer modes where you can play other characters as well as THE CONVICT.

Other bells and whistles include bringing in A-list voice talent, A-list musical score, as well as deeper character dynamics and multiple gaming environments.

Our backers will receive fantastic prizes for supporting us in this endeavor, from receiving the game itself for a very reasonable donation ask, to signed books, digital downloads, exclusive T-Shirts, signed giclees from me, an AWESOME sculpted Convict bust, and lots more.

More info and links coming when we officially open the Bad Planet Kickstarter page Thursday, July 12th!

Tom and I will log onto the forum Thursday and update this thread with all the particulars.

More soon!

- Tim

Bad Planet Video Game -- The dream is becoming a reality. B) Yeah, baby!

I'll be happy to support this project. I’m so excited to watch as you guys dominate the world of crowdfunding.

Wishing you tons of success on the RAW Kickstarter campaign!

Well boys and Girls, it's about time!

We're proud to announce the kickoff of a massive undertaking - Bringing the epic story of Bad Planet to the world of Video Games!

Stay tuned for the official press release and the magic link to the Bad Planet Kickstarter page.

Raw Studios is teaming with veteran Austin-based video game developer, Red Fly Studios to bring you a wonderous Sci-Fi adventure!

This is a crowd-funded project and we cannot do it without you.

Our goal is $575,000.00 - But we also have milestones over that amount we want to reach for.

The more $ we get, the more game we can give you!

Extra money goes into adding multiplayer modes where you can play other characters as well as THE CONVICT.

Other bells and whistles include bringing in A-list voice talent, A-list musical score, as well as deeper character dynamics and multiple gaming environments.

Our backers will receive fantastic prizes for supporting us in this endeavor, from receiving the game itself for a very reasonable donation ask, to signed books, digital downloads, exclusive T-Shirts, signed giclees from me, an AWESOME sculpted Convict bust, and lots more.

More info and links coming when we officially open the Bad Planet Kickstarter page Thursday, July 12th!

Tom and I will log onto the forum Thursday and update this thread with all the particulars.

More soon!

- Tim

How do you donate if you can't be at the comic con? Cuz alot of us can't go to it and what if we want to donate.

It is up guys and gals!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badplanet/bad-planet

You will need to sign up with Kickstarter, but it's easy. Even more so if you have an amazon.com account. I have backed a few projects in the past, so if you are unfamiliar with it, if you can only pledge $25 now, but know you can do more later, you can changes the pledge amount afterwards, so don't feel like you have to hold out for somthing better now and risk forgetting later. There's only 34 days left, so post this to your facebook, send it out in emails if you feel the urge, do what you can to let others know. Lets get the word out.

I wish i could give a bit more but I'll be pledging $50 to the campaign real soon. The game sounds absolutely badass and it something that needs to exist :). Can i just if it's possible for the copy of the game to be distributed on the Playstation Network instead of the PC?

I’m a BACKER!!! :D

Excellent video! Towards the end when TB & TJ request help, I got a little emotional. I really want the $575,000 goal to be reached. RAW deserves to have creative control over a BAD PLANET video game.

Let’s make it happen, RAWarriors! http://www.kickstart...anet/bad-planet

I wish I could donate but I tried the thing with the kickstarter and it would not work. I think it might be cuz I have an older computer or cuz the internet we have out here in bfe sucks. I am really sorry I can't donate I feel bad. But I wanted to wish you good luck and I think you and tim have a very good business sense about you. You find something you want to do and you run with it which I find really awsome. :rolleyes:

So did you guys reach your goal? I hope you did. And again I am truely sorry I could not donate. I really wanted to but I couldn't.

So good. I'm not a gamer, but this is one I would totally get into. Count me in.

THANKS a ton everyone!

We have a LOOOOONG way to go and frankly, we're off to a slow start as these things go. So the rest is an uphill battle and we need everyone's help to spread the word and raise awareness!!!!

FB, Twitter, whatever you're into, spread that link around and that would help tremendously!

Here's the official press release -

Red Fly Studio and RAW Studios Launch Bad Planet Kickstarter Campaign

Austin-based Game Studio and Thomas Jane-backed Production Company to Bring Sci-Fi Comic IP to PC and Console Gamers

SAN DIEGO, CA – July 12, 2012 – At Comic Con in San Diego today, independent game developer Red Fly Studio and Hollywood actor Thomas Jane’s RAW Studios have launched a Kickstarter campaign to create a video game based on the Bad Planet comic series. One of the first comics produced by RAW Studios, Bad Planet is a science fiction series based on a plague of inter-galactic Death Spiders attempting to decimate Earth, and the Convict, a lone alien warrior fighting to save the planet. The Bad Planet video game will be a third-person action game featuring stunning visuals, an episodic format, and brutal melee combat.

Red Fly and RAW Studios are seeking $575,000 in funding to make a Bad Planet video game. Those interested in helping to fund the game are encouraged to do so today at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badplanet.

“When Red Fly approached us about doing a video game, seeing the creatures and the hero of Bad Planet come to life in a game was very intriguing to us,” said RAW Studio co-founder Thomas Jane. “This game will take chances, it has ambivalent characters and anti-heroes, and it’s long, sprawling, and serious science fiction.”

The Bad Planet video game will feature:

• Brutal Combat – Bad Planet’s main focus is hyper-violent third-person combat, tasking players with controlling the Convict as he shreds through hordes of grotesque alien monsters. The combo-based gameplay will feature simple, yet context sensitive finishing moves and an extensive grappling system.
  • The Convict – Players will control the Convict, a centuries old alien warrior whose home planet and race have been destroyed by the Death Spiders. A nearly indestructible spider-killing machine, the Convict favors his power axe, a battle axe glowing with electricity, as well as his armor, weapons, and abilities that can be upgraded along the way.
  • Episodic Content – Bad Planet will be released episodically, with each episode containing between two and four hours of gameplay. The game will initially be released for PC digital distribution on Steam, with console distribution through Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network planned afterwards.

Tim Bradstreet, co-founder and creative director of RAW Studio added: “One of the most exciting things about creating this game is that, by going through Kickstarter, it allows us to take full control of the entire creative process. In Red Fly we’ve found the perfect partner because we have a harmony in terms of the vision for the game and how to take Bad Planet to the next level.”

If funded, Red Fly will bring the world, characters, and story of Bad Planet to life via the most immersive and interactive of entertainment mediums. A proven and independent developer of video games, Red Fly sees the potential for an epic video game in Bad Planet. Built on Unreal Engine 3 and utilizing a fast, gory, combo-based combat system, the studio will create a bold and gritty action game that will be sure to please hardcore gamers and science fiction fans alike.

For more information on Red Fly Studio, please visit www.redflygames.com. For more information on Thomas Jane’s RAW Studios, please visit www.rawstudios.com.

For more information on the Bad Planet video game and to help fund this project, please visit www.kickstarter.com/projects/badplanet.

About Red Fly Studio

Located in downtown Austin, Texas, Red Fly Studio is an established and passionate video game development group founded by game industry veterans. Founded in 2005 as a 2-man art outsourcing house, Red Fly has grown to be a successful independent developer working on titles such as Thor, The Force Unleashed II, and Ghostbusters. The studio also enjoys the freedom of independence, working with the best in the business to launch original properties like Mushroom Men and Inertia.

About RAW Studios

RAW Studios is the comics and book publishing arm of RAW Entertainment, a production company founded by actor Thomas Jane in partnership with Eisner Award nominated illustrator and production designer Tim Bradstreet. Beginning with Bad Planet in 2005, RAW has launched and is in the process of producing several comic and graphic novel IPs, including Alien Worlds, The Lycan, and Alien Pig Farm 3000.

The link again - http://www.kickstart...planet?ref=live

Only 29 days to go!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

- TB

Is there any way I could send you some money? I really want to donate but like I said before my computer won't let me do the kickstarter thing I tried 4 times to do it and it won't work. And I think alot of it has to do with are internet out here in bfe. It sucks.

Have you guys thought about posting about the campaign on videogame website's like IGN or gamesradar? They'd go nuts over something like this.

IGN isn’t covering it because they “have too many Kickstarter stories”

And just to clarify -

You get the entire game for 15 bucks. The entire game is ONE episode – it’s the first game. Its 2 to 4 hours of game play. Gears of War 3 took me 4 hours and cost 60 dollars. Also, we don’t know HOW much content we can get in there – it will depend on the raise. If we blew through the raise amount and raised 4 million dollars the backers would get a 6 hour game for 15 dollars! Lol! People get hung up on the word EPISODE – Empire Strikes Back was episode V! Dan Borth at Red Fly has addressed this in the FAQ but needs to do some more. Still, we are fine with people only pledging 15 bucks – that is an easy delivery for us but we just need a ton of them – which is really the issue – we aren’t getting a lot of backers just buying the game.

We need all the support we can get. Fifteen bucks buys the game. We need you!

Thanks - Tim

Joyce - Message me and I'll send you intel to send money our way. Will donate in your name. Thank you!

Cheers, all!

- Tim

THANKS a ton everyone!

We have a LOOOOONG way to go and frankly, we're off to a slow start as these things go. So the rest is an uphill battle and we need everyone's help to spread the word and raise awareness!!!!

FB, Twitter, whatever you're into, spread that link around and that would help tremendously!

Aye aye, Captain. B)

I’ve been spreading the word the best I can via Twitter. I wish I could just directly tweet people, but I’m afraid it’d be considered spam, which Kickstarter doesn’t want people to do.

I really want you guys to make it. I calculated that you have to raise over $16,000 a day in order to meet your goal. Since this fundraising pattern hasn’t kicked in yet, there has to be days where you make way more than that. No pressure, right? ;)

If only those 1 million+ people who viewed #DIRTYLAUNDRY would be willing to each pledge at least $1 for BAD PLANET. Then, you’d be set.

Yeah, a shame we can't capitalize off that popularity more directly.

It's not our channel (Though we're gonna fix that soon!) and unfortunately we can't be seen as 'monetizing' the short in any way.

You get the math, yes?

So our work is cut out for us but we still have aces up the sleeve.

Will be adding an update to the BP-KS page on Friday and we got some coooool shit to show.

Stay tuned - TB

Hey Tim I messaged you about were to send the money but you never replied back. I know your busy and all but I would like to get this done this week if possible. I know I am being a pain in the ass sorry.

Yeah, I'm slammed. Doing 100 things at once can be murder on one's organizational skills ;)

Replied to PM so we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

- TB

Here's a link to the MACHINIMA interview from SDCC, where we throw out big props to Red Fly and talk up Bad Planet VG, among other stuff!

Can someone toss up a link to the Kickstarter page in the comments? Or is that not allowed. Not up on my Youtube protocol.

If it's frowned upon then fergit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fUxYQUBtLA

THANKS -TB

Another SDCC interview with Bad Planet Kickstarter love PLUS Ron Perlman!

NBC - Aaron and Kelly -

- TB

Yeah, a shame we can't capitalize off that popularity more directly.

It's not our channel (Though we're gonna fix that soon!) and unfortunately we can't be seen as 'monetizing' the short in any way.

You get the math, yes?

So our work is cut out for us but we still have aces up the sleeve.

Will be adding an update to the BP-KS page on Friday and we got some coooool shit to show.

Stay tuned - TB

27 days to go. It’s pretty early in the game. You still have a shot. :D

Maybe you & Tom should add the Kickstarter page’s link to your Twitter bios. That way, when you’re not tweeting it, it’s still at the top of your page & easy to locate.

Starting the campaign during SDCC was perfect timing. It’s great you guys managed to get press for it.

Here's a link to the MACHINIMA interview from SDCC, where we throw out big props to Red Fly and talk up Bad Planet VG, among other stuff!

Can someone toss up a link to the Kickstarter page in the comments? Or is that not allowed. Not up on my Youtube protocol.

If it's frowned upon then fergit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fUxYQUBtLA

THANKS -TB

I would've called this video Interview with Thomas Jane & Tim Bradstreet!!! (SDCC 2012).

RAW Street Studios -- I like it! ;)

I’ll try sending a message to MACHINIMA to politely ask if they could post the link to the Kickstarter page on that video.

Crowd-funding a movie? I’ll start saving up some money for it just in case.

Tom jumping “Pick me! Pick me!” :lol:

When Tom starts talking about his not wearing shoes, I think of the JJ Casuals “Shoes That Look Like Feet” video on SNL.