Sign in to follow this  
Guest AdminGuyX

Zachary meets Hellboy

Guest AdminGuyX

I know it's not directly film related, but both Tom and Tim know and love Ron, so I figured we'd bend the rules today. I thought everyone would enjoy seeing this.

In the past three weeks, Spectral Motion has been honored to host two wonderful Make-A-Wish children, Caleb and Zachary. Zachary loved his visit for two very special reasons. It was Zachary's wish to meet Hellboy and also to become Hellboy. When the Make-A-Wish Foundation contacted Spectral Motion with this request, Mike thought it would be fantastic to have Ron Perlman reprise his role for the day. Ron loved the idea and donned the makeup once more (with the assistance of Lufeng Qu and Eden Elizalde) and also ordered a Hellboy sized meal of burgers, shakes, and fries for Zachary and his family and the entire Spectral crew to enjoy. Later in the day, Zachary was transformed into Hellboy with the assistance of makeup artists Lufeng Qu and Neil Winn. Both of the Make-A-Wish days were a complete thrill for the families of the children, as well as for the crew at Spectral Motion!

532285_302834436478368_1480343583_n.jpg

Awww, thank you for this Noeland!

Ron Perlman is such a gentleman and the whole gang involved - what a class act in granting Zachary's wish! :wub:

One of the main reasons Ron is reluctant to do Hellboy 3 is because of the long make-up process. Says big things about his character that he would pass up big money to get in costume, but making a sick child's day for free, that he would do. Ron is amazing.

Thanks for sharing this sweet story, Noeland! Ron Perlman has a huge heart. :wub: I love when stars go the extra mile for fans.

I think it is just wonderfull that he did this. He is a good actor with a very big heart.

One of the main reasons Ron is reluctant to do Hellboy 3 is because of the long make-up process. Says big things about his character that he would pass up big money to get in costume, but making a sick child's day for free, that he would do. Ron is amazing.

Is he really reluctant because of that? As I understand it, it has more to do with the studio and del Toro having 100s of other things in the pipeline, on top of Mignola not wanthing him to do the "end" of Hellboy on film before he gets a chance to do it in the comic.

Still, the make-up process us real bitch for him to go through, and the fact that he did it for this little kid speaks volumes of the kind of person he is.

I'm sure it could be in part due to del Toro's line up, but during press for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, del Toro said that Hellboy 3 probably would not happen because of the make-up process and the fact that Sons of Anarchy had really taken off and Ron had been "spoiled" on that set (no make-up and having Katey Sagal as a love interest).

THAT is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Awesome. Way to go Ron. Yeah, it does go a long way towards restoring one's faith in the human race.

I have a reoccurring gag with a friend where I constantly refer to Ron Perlman as a national treasure. Feels good to have proof about how right I was.

I have a reoccurring gag with a friend where I constantly refer to Ron Perlman as a national treasure. Feels good to have proof about how right I was.

No doubt.

This is mostly why it's so hard to hate his character in Sons of Anarchy. I just *LOVE* The Pearl