we're a week out so i'm starting the thread now, before the madness begins in earnest. Tim and I have been humping away (not that kind of humping, pardner) to get everything set for what we think will be the best year yet at San Diego yet!

first and foremost - TIM BRADSTREET IS AN OFFICIAL GUEST OF COMICON!

and i say Finally! Tim has been a staple of the Con for going on i'm not gonna say how many years - he lives there for chrissakes - and the con is making their love affair with the Bradstreet official this year. Congrats Tim! they didn't even have to fly him in. but they ARE putting him up at a fancy hotel, giving him his own panel, wining and dining him, and generally making him feel like the superstar that he is.

The backbone of Raw Studios is without a doubt, Timmy B. we'll be at our at our usual spot, booth 5539 - so come on down and say HI! how many of you are going? we'll be sure to have FREE SHIT for anyone who identifies themselves by their RAW FORUM handle. don't be like Indychick and run away!

accept your fate! you are Raw & we are Legion!

we've got so much cool shite going on this year i don't know where to begin. hopefully Tim will chime in here and help me lay it out for ya.

oh yeah! the RAW STUDIOS PANEL! SDCC has been kind enuf to give Raw Studios another panel this year - it's

SATURDAY NIGHT at 7:30! ROOM 26A/B

right after a long day of walking the halls and getting sensorily accosted from every possible angle, come to room 26A/B and sit yer ass down in a CHAIR! Tim & I will accost you some more! we'll regale you with videos, movies, free shit, cool announcements, and general hi-larity.

THEN you'll be good an' ready to go get drunk! or even better, hop across the street for a quick drink, THEN come in and sit yer ass down in a real, plastic CHAIR! courtesy of SDCC & Raw Studios!

we've got a special something for PUNISHER FANS this year - Tim will unveil a brand new, original PUNISHER SKULL - and YOU will get a chance to win one! the unveiling will be pretty spectacular - in a way you probably haven't seen before. that's all I'll say about that. Punisher fans do not want to miss this one.

PLUS! i guess it's ok to tell you guys here - but i'll have to get the OK from Tim first - we have a pretty f'ing cool video game announcement to make. don't know if it's already been talked about here, but it has something to do with one of our "intellectual properties." how about that? that's right, we are intellectual. and so is our property!

ok more later, it's the damn 4th of JOO-LY and i'm going out to see some shit blow up in the sky.

who's gonna be there?? (the Con, not the 4th of JOO-LY, goofball!)

we're a week out so i'm starting the thread now, before the madness begins in earnest. Tim and I have been humping away (not that kind of humping, pardner) to get everything set for what we think will be the best year yet at San Diego yet!

and i say Finally! Tim has been a staple of the Con for going on i'm not gonna say how many years - he lives there for chrissakes - and the con is making their love affair with the Bradstreet official this year. Congrats Tim! they didn't even have to fly him in. but they ARE putting him up at a fancy hotel, giving him his own panel, wining and dining him, and generally making him feel like the superstar that he is.

The backbone of Raw Studios is without a doubt, Timmy B. we'll be at our at our usual spot, booth 5539 - so come on down and say HI! how many of you are going? we'll be sure to have FREE SHIT for anyone who identifies themselves by their RAW FORUM handle. don't be like Indychick and run away!

we've got so much cool shite going on this year i don't know where to begin. hopefully Tim will chime in here and help me lay it out for ya.

oh yeah! the RAW STUDIOS PANEL! SDCC has been kind enuf to give Raw Studios another panel this year - it's

right after a long day of walking the halls and getting sensorily accosted from every possible angle, come to room 26A/B and sit yer ass down in a CHAIR! Tim & I will accost you some more! we'll regale you with videos, movies, free shit, cool announcements, and general hi-larity.

THEN you'll be good an' ready to go get drunk! or even better, hop across the street for a quick drink, THEN come in and sit yer ass down in a real, plastic CHAIR! courtesy of SDCC & Raw Studios!

we've got a special something for PUNISHER FANS this year - Tim will unveil a brand new, original PUNISHER SKULL - and YOU will get a chance to win one! the unveiling will be pretty spectacular - in a way you probably haven't seen before. that's all I'll say about that. Punisher fans do not want to miss this one.

PLUS! i guess it's ok to tell you guys here - but i'll have to get the OK from Tim first - we have a pretty f'ing cool video game announcement to make. don't know if it's already been talked about here, but it has something to do with one of our "intellectual properties." how about that? that's right, we are intellectual. and so is our property!

ok more later, it's the damn 4th of JOO-LY and i'm going out to see some shit blow up in the sky.

Just got back from watching some shit blow up in the sky. Sounds like it is really going to be cool this year. Wish I could go to it I would love to win some stuff oh well.

Sounds very cool (especially the new Punisher Skull) and i wish i could be there but San Diego's a fairly long drive from Dublin. I'll be there in spirit...which is also what I'll be drinking since I won't be there :(

And what exactly would this new Punisher skull be debuting for? Something monumental, I hope?

I'm afraid as much as it pains me, I cant make it to SDCC... you gents really seem to have a lot in store and I hate like hell I cant be a part the festivities. And bravo to Bradstreet in getting the long overdue notoriety. He's simply one of the best in the business. I really need to get back out and see you guys again

I have already made plans to be there NEXT year. But this makes me wish I could be there this one. Still hoping to make it to Long Beach.

Oh, man! Tim wasn’t kidding when he said it’s going to be a ‘don’t miss.’ And yet, I have to miss it. Just like Padre, I’m afraid I can only be there in spirit.

CONGRATULATIONS, TIM BRADSTREET!!! He’s the most deserving of the highest praise possible. They should also roll out a carpet (B&W like Punisher) for TB and pronounce his name every time he enters/leaves a room.

Ummm…who’s this "Indychick" who ran away? There’s no way you mean me, right? I’ve never had the opportunity of being in your presence, TJ. Plus, I’ve proudly used my RAW FORUM handle to get a discount & a freebie at a horror convention before (never pass up anything that’s free), so I know you guys take care of us. ;) Believe me. Once I’d get to the RAW area at any convention, I wouldn't want to leave. B)

I hope someone films the RAW panel & posts it on here. So if any of you RAW guys/gals do attend, please either film or take pictures. You people will have to be our eyes & hears at this epic event.

A new Punisher skull? Ooh...Awesome!

The only time I believe a RAW video game was mentioned on here had to do with Bad Planet & Alien Pig Farm 3000. I said I had a dream about playing a BP game, and Tim had mentioned having something new in the works.

Is the Dark Country GN hardcover print edition still making its debut at this Comic-Con?

Dang, gonna miss out...(sounds like a special Con -- congrats Tim!).. too bad.

I am coming down to Cali sometime in September/early October. Will there be another Con coming up by then or any other events?

Hopefully where both (you&Tim or just you) will be attending.

Thanks for the delicious preview, Tom!!! And while Tim's always been "official" to us, 'bout time for ComiCon to properly 'holla! ;) All hail and all that ... enjoy all who attend!!! Cheers!!!

This sounds really cool. Glad Tim is getting his due this year. Looking back at some of the guests they bring out, I can't believe they took so long to add Tim to that list. Long overdue.

Went to comic-con.org to check things out... Since I am coming down to Cali and all..

Had no idea that there's even a process to get tickets. So there's no chance for me coming this year -- sold out!

I have to wait till next year and even then you still don't know if your tickets are secure.

Didn't realize they had limited tickets...I just thought first come...first serve.

That sucks the big one! Oh well, too bad so sad for me...

I never bothered enquiring before because I thought heck I live so far away...but since I am coming down. What a shame...I totally missed the boat.... :(

Well, everyone else who is attending this Con and other Con's in 2012 ~ enjoy!

Just got back from watching some shit blow up in the sky. Sounds like it is really going to be cool this year. Wish I could go to it I would love to win some stuff oh well.

Oh and congrats tim about time they recognized for the exceptional person you are.

Thank you Thomas !!!!!

That's the funniest (and truest) thing that I've read in some time (It gave me the Snoopy laughs).

To all of you who've never been, it's brutal in every way. I'm sure you've seen photos online that make you wish that you too were running with the bulls, but this year I will try to capture some moments why preparation is so very pertinent. Honestly, this is what you'll see while trying to DO the Con.....

2vcjnrk.jpg

The calm before the storm:

259wz5z.jpg

There are moments like this that keep me coming:

jj3fyv.jpg

All I need to do now is pack (crumbcake!)

To everyone sensitive to vulgar language... please do not watch this video.

http://youtu.be/O3qiXZRFmRY

Gosh-golly, I wish I had someone to 'Nerf' with... :^[

Zombie apocalypse..... TOTES PREPARED ! You never know, Darabont sent this my way one year:

1zvg74l.jpg

Congratulations Timothy... San Diego owes you this BIG TIME ! Awesome work Sir Dude !

-----More soon, there is soooo much more.

I will see you gentlemen at the booth and panel! Last Raw Studios Comic-Con panel I attended, you guys showed the teaser for I Melt With You, which also gave away the ending... Will we hear about Magnificent Death as well?!

Magnificent Death?

Fuck yeah.

We're going to show a cool video thingy that Tom recorded. Badass.

Also - YES WE ARE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING the crowd-funded BAD PLANET VIDEO GAME - Official KICKSTARTER PAGE goes live on Saturday (if not a day early ;)

We have partnered with Austin-based RED FLY Studio, and lemme tell ya, it's a perfect fit. Like minds, talent dripping off them like sweat flying from Deniro as Jake LaMotta, center ring!

It only happens if the fans step up and fund us - That basically means we can make the game WE want to make, not the game some suit says it should be. No, We're calling all the shots on this one should we meet our goal. There are also above goal milestones set, that if reached, promise to turn a great concept into a 5 star gaming experience the likes of which even KEVIN FLYNN has never seen!

Stay tuned for a lot more on this subject in it's own thread. Wait'll ya see the prizes we have in store for backers!

I let that fly since most of you will not be at the panel (which, yes, we do hope to record) - You all deserve to hear it here first.

New Punisher Skull? Yer damn right. We did some neat RAW panel PASS CARDS with some of the art - We're handing these signable little tidbits out all weekend at the show. If you don't get one in person we'll likely tuck our leftovers into product shipped from the RAW Store. We'll sign a bunch of extras for sure.

We're also unveiling a short film that is sure to knock nearly all who cram into Room 26 A/B outta their chairs. Stars TJ, and a certain fan-favorite actor and RAW BROTHER, emeritus!

Actors who have played comic book heroes have to stick together ;)

More on this after the weekend.

Also we'll talk about our new books, the Dark Country GN (yes, we'll have them at the show!), and a limited edition black and white collection of BP volume 2 (collecting issues 7 and 8) - as well as our upcoming projects, THE LYCAN and ALIEN WORLDS!

And on top of that we'll be joined by BOTH of our Bad Planet artists, James Daly and Greg Staples!

Well, all three BP artists counting me ;)

To top it off we will have surprise guests that will be sure to bring the house down.

In a word, it will be . . . LEGENDARY.

More soon - TB

PS - Thank you all immensely for the kind words. It's odd. I've been a pro in the comic's industry since 1991, but I never really felt like "I made it" until I was invited to be a special guest at the San Diego Comicon International ;) Truly an honor.

Gawdammit! Now I feel I gotta go! I will be hitting the RAW store afterwards for sure. Ease my too far from california blues.

Also heard Tom was going to be interviewed by Jim Law for the JoBlo site. I listen faithfully to those drunken bastards every week. Looking forward to hearing Tom on there again.

We're also unveiling a short film that is sure to knock nearly all who cram into Room 26 A/B outta their chairs. Stars TJ, and a certain fan-favorite actor and RAW BROTHER, emeritus!

Actors who have played comic book heroes have to stick together ;)

Is this that Roman soldier thing with Perlman or something completley different?

Tom talks up RAW and Comicon 2012 on KTLA - Vid here - http://landing.newsi...ro&VID=23656787

-tb

Thanks for sharing, Tim!

I like to think there’s a geek inside us all. ;)

Comic Book: 'It’s sorta halfway between a novel & a movie' - TJ (should be the official definition).

I love seeing Bad Planet Vol. 1 on display.

Seeing Tom hold the Dark Country GN & show some of the pages in it makes me think there should be a comic book store tour for it. Have you guys ever done book signings at comic book stores across the US?

Magnificent Death?

Fuck yeah.

We're going to show a cool video thingy that Tom recorded. Badass.

Sa-weet! Label me excited! And congratulations on becoming above the law at Con as a "special guest."

Loved the KLTV 5 discussion. Oh I hate that I'm missing the con yet again. I've been eyeballing a move to San Diego for a couple of years now (I work for the Navy) but with the housing slump & job market it hasn't become a reality yet. Can't wait to read stories & see the details from those of you fortunate enough to attend this year. Have fun!

Cris

I have already made plans to be there NEXT year. But this makes me wish I could be there this one. Still hoping to make it to Long Beach.

Sorry to say that if you weren't here this year, you are automatically excluded from purchasing tickets for next year as soon as they come up for sale in August (to current holders only) and it's highly unlikely there'll be anything left after this ravenous lot has it's way with this place. With each passing year (since 'the change') it's become more difficult to get in for the average bear. Truth be told, if you blink, you're out. I've been here since the 90's began when it was another animal all together. I have a renewed appreciation for the smaller shows. Those shows are all about comic books and art... also, you can see the floor you're walking on. I love being able to be stopped, in the middle of the floor by old friends, artists , publishers and vendors & just shoot the stuff for a good long while... that's livin' the cool life to me. It's become so frantic here now and I'm more laid back by nature (not the hype type). Everything's for sale somewhere, somtime at some price. If I've got to have it, it'll surely be acquired through somebody, somehow .

It's already nuts here. Traffic is worse than Los Angeles gridlock and the local Ralph's grocery store was packed beyond anything I've ever seen before. A simple shopping trip for fresh apricots and some Naked Green Machine Juice turned into an agility test of cart maneuvering through the produce section. Never has relaxing here been such work. It's preview night so, the hotel restaurant was bare & a nice dinner (with a few drinks) made the transition much easier.

:P

rhpxg4.jpg

The show's been pretty good. I've always loved dining out here & have been eating like royalty. Regular breaks away from it all are often needed to keep away the people phobia feeling... the crowds are huge ! It's fine at first, but Fridays and Saturdays are ginormous. Here's how it starts in a front view from the hotel room (yes, I'm hanging out over the balcony to get this shot & making others inside feel wobbly in the knees).

34sh6x1.jpg

The line that snakes around, through & up the convention center always backs up behind this hotel. While looking out the window of my room early in the morning, the sidewalk begins to fill up (it's on).

2nb7myx.jpg

Tonight's firewoks.....

ws7d02.jpg

...started out beautifuly,

2lsfk8j.jpg

but got glitchy fast (yikes) !

9iz400.jpg