Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Jane

WEBMASTER WANTED

it's that time again, guys and gals. with Heather's passing it's been tough to imagine bringing in someone new, but like the fat lady said, the show must go on.

SO i am looking to hire a new webmaster, full time for a couple of weeks, then part time maintenance.

it's TIME to re-energize our site.

i want to start a RAW NEWSLETTER so we can shout out new books and cool stuff as it comes up.

and i want to start a LOYALTY PROGRAM for those of us who check in often and keep things lively.

give away some free shit, etc.

it's time for Raw to grow up a bit.

we've been doing some pretty great work over the last few years, and now it's time to ramp it up a little in the visibility dept.

nothing CRAZY - i like the small town feel of our little world.

just a little blood transfusion. a little squirt of JETFUEL to clean out the pipes. whattaya say?

do you have the stones and the know how to tame the Raw website?

get in touch with me at info@rawstudios.com

if your just a regular old layperson (like me) who don't know jack about DOS or SYNCOM - write us a note below about what you'd like to see on the new RAWSTUDIOS.

you just might get it!

TJ

it's that time again, guys and gals. with Heather's passing it's been tough to imagine bringing in someone new, but like the fat lady said, the show must go on.

SO i am looking to hire a new webmaster, full time for a couple of weeks, then part time maintenance.

i want to start a RAW NEWSLETTER so we can shout out new books and cool stuff as it comes up.

and i want to start a LOYALTY PROGRAM for those of us who check in often and keep things lively.

we've been doing some pretty great work over the last few years, and now it's time to ramp it up a little in the visibility dept.

just a little blood transfusion. a little squirt of JETFUEL to clean out the pipes. whattaya say?

if your just a regular old layperson (like me) who don't know jack about DOS or SYNCOM - write us a note below about what you'd like to see on the new RAWSTUDIOS.

you just might get it!

TJ

Okay this isn't really anything new but I would like to see more photos of the comic cons. And having more of you talking about what your doing at the comic cons. I am not complaining or anything but it would be nice. Especially for a person like me who can't go to them. I hope I explained this good enough.

Layperson here. Almost cyber -retarded. I'd love to work for Raw in some way though. What I'd like to see more of? Shit. This site is pretty damn cool. Everybody who hangs out here is cool. I guess I'd just want more RAW stuff but I understand you cant just go throwing stuff out there. Art takes time, writing takes time, Red Sky Diary takes time. I'm patient and appreciative.

I wouldnt have a clue where to start (I can hardley even type) what a great oppertunity tho!

My bro would of been your guy...he's a web man!

He's so creative and as I said he loves all this stuff but unfortunately he can't at the moment.

As he put it he is preparing and planning for their new home and baby...no time :(

But if ever you need a back up later on...he's your man.

p.s when I did ask him for this opportunity....he was like dang that's too bad or else I would of!

you just might get it!

TJ

I like it too... that small town feel, but see where you're looking to freshen everything up a tink. The question is, what do YOU want to see? Surely there's a seed of an idea rattling around in your coconut already. A muse can nourish it to fruition and inspire even more growth, but you already know what you want. Trust your gut instinct... the best is destined to come. Think about it and we'll touch base on the flip.

Yes, there was some training in graphic design, DOS, blah blah blah & all that jazz, but I left the college early due to a legal snafu. One of their teachers had stolen a number of my drawings and vanished. So, I may not know jack, but I think he's got my stuff.

:ph34r:

All's well though, I just drew everything again (& laughed all the way to the bank). It all sold at the San Diego Comic-Con's art show/auction during the year of 'the villain'... also the title of my first piece that sold there to a mystery buyer (zing).

A newsletter's a great idea and a squirt of jetfuel sounds crazy, yet love the direction this is heading.

http://youtu.be/eIu4fP4fOHE

Lovin' your enthusiasm, Tom!

A RAW NEWSLETTER -- Sweetness!

LOYALTY PROGRAM -- Unique & appreciated. :D

I’d be happy to help RAW in any way I can, even if that just means my 2 cents get spent.

The RAW site is always an enjoyable place to hang out. Any new features would just be an added bonus.

Refreshing Ideas for RAW:

* Contests (drawing/sketching, video, writing, photography, etc) -- monthly or quarterly.

* A scheduled Q&A w/ Tim Bradstreet & Thomas Jane on the RAW Forum &/or via USTREAM more than once each year.

* Upcoming Convention Appearances section on the MAIN page

Personally, I’d love to see more of the Film/Television/Comics categories expanded & updated more frequently. I get my RAW info from the Forum, but it’d be great to want to spend more time visiting the other sections of the site, too.

* A Comic Book Layout * -- Please allow me to explain this the best way I can. For instance, when you go to the main page, it’d be cool to see a comic book instead of a lot of vertical posts that you have to scroll through. The user/member would be able to open the comic book & turn its pages by clicking. On each page, the user/member could access various info pertaining to RAW’s new & previous projects, as well as, navigate to other divisions of the site.

-- Another approach would be instead of having a comic book being the main page, it could only be a part of the COMICS section. Changing channels on a TV would represent the TELEVISION section, and an old-fashioned looking theater or drive-in movie theater would represent the FILM section. All features would act similar to the comic book concept of being interactive, but it’d be an interesting way to make each area of RAW different.

Hope my suggestions are useful. I love thinking outside the [box]. B)

Sounds like a great idea. Wish I had the know-how to jump in and help, but my web skills are strictly point-and-shoot. It would be really cool to help out the RAW family in some way, and I'm always willing to lend a hand any way I know how. As far as what we'd like to see, it's hard to ask for more already. This place is pretty rockin' already, but the idea of a loyalty program is kinda awesome. Just keep doing what you're doing, and as long as I get to come along for the ride, I'm cool. Can't wait to see what kind of new stuff you guys are working up for us.

* A Comic Book Layout * -- Please allow me to explain this the best way I can. For instance, when you go to the main page, it’d be cool to see a comic book instead of a lot of vertical posts that you have to scroll through. The user/member would be able to open the comic book & turn its pages by clicking. On each page, the user/member could access various info pertaining to RAW’s new & previous projects, as well as, navigate to other divisions of the site. -- Another approach would be instead of having a comic book being the main page, it could only be a part of the COMICS section. Changing channels on a TV would represent the TELEVISION section, and an old-fashioned looking theater or drive-in movie theater would represent the FILM section. All features would act similar to the comic book concept of being interactive, but it’d be an interesting way to make each area of RAW different. Hope my suggestions are useful. I love thinking outside the [box]. B)

i like it!

I'm all for a schedual of events that you and Tim are going to do. I see there was one posted late last year, but there were several past events that were talked about after the fact. There are a lot of cons/events out there that people have no idea of and folks are missing out on meet you guys.

Not sure what you have in mind for the loyalty program, but maybe every few months or so, you could get extra points for taking a photo holding/wearing RAW merch somewhere fairly well known or public.

i like it!

Thank you, Tom! :D

Lovin' your enthusiasm, Tom!

A RAW NEWSLETTER -- Sweetness!

LOYALTY PROGRAM -- Unique & appreciated. :D

I’d be happy to help RAW in any way I can, even if that just means my 2 cents get spent.

The RAW site is always an enjoyable place to hang out. Any new features would just be an added bonus.

Refreshing Ideas for RAW:

* Contests (drawing/sketching, video, writing, photography, etc) -- monthly or quarterly.

* A scheduled Q&A w/ Tim Bradstreet & Thomas Jane on the RAW Forum &/or via USTREAM more than once each year.

* Upcoming Convention Appearances section on the MAIN page

Personally, I’d love to see more of the Film/Television/Comics categories expanded & updated more frequently. I get my RAW info from the Forum, but it’d be great to want to spend more time visiting the other sections of the site, too.

* A Comic Book Layout * -- Please allow me to explain this the best way I can. For instance, when you go to the main page, it’d be cool to see a comic book instead of a lot of vertical posts that you have to scroll through. The user/member would be able to open the comic book & turn its pages by clicking. On each page, the user/member could access various info pertaining to RAW’s new & previous projects, as well as, navigate to other divisions of the site.

-- Another approach would be instead of having a comic book being the main page, it could only be a part of the COMICS section. Changing channels on a TV would represent the TELEVISION section, and an old-fashioned looking theater or drive-in movie theater would represent the FILM section. All features would act similar to the comic book concept of being interactive, but it’d be an interesting way to make each area of RAW different.

Hope my suggestions are useful. I love thinking outside the [box]. B)

Honey, your "2 cents" are more like a milion bucks! Great ideas, especially the layout concepts! :)

Honey, your "2 cents" are more like a milion bucks! Great ideas, especially the layout concepts! :)

Wow! Such a grand compliment! Thank you, jayesse! I wholeheartedly appreciate how much you love my ideas. :wub:

Wow! Such a grand compliment! Thank you, jayesse! I wholeheartedly appreciate how much you love my ideas. :wub:

You do have some really good ideas. Your a very smart lady.

I have a quick question to anyone who will answer me. I was on the internet looking at photos of Tom from the Big Wow Comicfest and I was scrolling down looking and out of the blue there was my photo from this website on there. How in the heck did that get on there?

Where were you looking? If it is from google images, it might have pulled it from matching text.

I can't remember were it was at. Oh god this is kind of upsetting me I don't want my photo on there.

Lots of cool ideas. I like Jweb's idea. It'd be cool to know in time to airline tickets when you guys are going to appear somewhere.

You do have some really good ideas. Your a very smart lady.

Thank you! Thank you! You're so sweet. :wub:

Thank you! Thank you! You're so sweet. :wub:

Your very welcome.

Whatever happens with the site / forum, I'm always in favor of clean, organized presentation of information that is easily accessible on all devices. A really functional layout with the majority of graphics being content rather than decorative design would make for faster load times for people accessing the site via wireless / mobile.

As always, content is king, so the regular flow of news, artwork and audio/video is what will keep me coming back to any site. Something that Fantagraphics does that I really like is PDF preview downloads and video flip-throughs of their books. Those would be helpful to see in the store.