Sign in to follow this  
sidewaysgaze

Tom at Big Wow ComicFest 2012 (May 19-20, San Jose, CA)

That's cool! I hope he does some video interviews for his fans that live faraway on the internet. More importantly, I hope he has a good time.

God I wish I could go to that but I live so far away and I just can't leave. I would love to meet him just one time. Meeting him once would last me a life time.

Bump, just so peeps see the news... It is May, right? I keep thinking it's still April...

Jen

Just FYI, Tom is a 'special guest' -

"Also Appearing as Special Celebrity Guests will be: Actor, writer, and producer Thomas Jane, star of "The Punisher" film and the HBO favorite series "Hung", is also the author of the comic book series Bad Planet!."

http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/news_and_press/2012/4/artists_ron_lim_and_mike_choi_added_to_big_wow_comicfests_guest_list/

Just another reason to wish I was in California... ^_^

Jen

Just FYI, Tom is a 'special guest' -

"Also Appearing as Special Celebrity Guests will be: Actor, writer, and producer Thomas Jane, star of "The Punisher" film and the HBO favorite series "Hung", is also the author of the comic book series Bad Planet!."

http://www.bigwowcom...sts_guest_list/

Just another reason to wish I was in California... ^_^

Jen

TJ's a Special Guest -- I'd say so. ;) California is lucky. Hope Tim & Tom have a blast! :)

gonna be a blast! make sure and come say hi if you're in the area!

Wish I could but I live far away. Hope you have fun. Hope you post photos and things on here so people who can't go to it can see whats going on.

gonna be a blast! make sure and come say hi if you're in the area!

Oh, you can bet your sweet bippy I will. And it'll be my birthday!

Pretty soon the San Jose convention will be here... Woo-hoo!

WonderCon moved from Oakland to San Francisco about six years ago and now it's gone. The story is that it's because the Moscone Center is doing a partial renovation on the building most often used for the con of wonder, buuut... may actually not be a Bay Area thing anymore after all. You didn't hear it from me though (okay, you just did). The building across the street was used one year. The crowd got so big that the fire dept. had to stop people from going in because the oxygen levels inside became too low in the smaller venue. It's hard to imagine that SF would throw shade at the comic book people, fans and all the business it pulls in to the city. After all, this is where it's totally fine to walk about completely nude. That's worth repeating, it is not illegal to be naked anywhere in San Francisco (insert vivid visual image here)... :blink: .

So, San Jose wins the prize. Steve's been putting on shows around here for years. For legal reasons (won't go into that here) he had to change the name & it's the 'Big Wow' now. Several cool cats from the RAWster (giggle, snort, guffaw) here will be attending. Boy howdy, I'll be there too... Saturday for sure. Who knows, maybe I'll slink in on Sunday as well. It's a quick drive from the house. Plus, on Sunday, in room A, at 1-2pm there'll be a RAW thingy (not sure what exactly- Perhaps Thomas and Tim can fill in the deets here). ~See you soon.

well Happy Birthday!

photo 5.JPG

come say hi at the RAW booth. free shit for birthday girls! and boys too!

but it's gotta be your Birthday..;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOCHTESSMONSTER!!! :D

Hope you have a RAWesome special day!

rbkrxj.jpg

The Big Wow Comic Fest

Tim and Thomas.

rbkrxj.jpg

The Big Wow Comic Fest

Tim and Thomas.

Thanks for sharing this photo. Nice to see things like this when you can't go.

note the 'kitty' on the tabletop. that'd be where folks stuffed their hard earned 20 bucks for their brand spankin new Bad Planet GN.

i knew those old boots would come in handy someday. ;)

we had a blast. Steve put on a great show! everyone seemed to have a nice time - we caught up with old friends and made some new ones. Birthday Girl wouldn't take her free swag! but she did get a nice Big Wow! birthday hug.

thanks for everyone who stopped by to say hi.

nice pic, Blondielox!

God damnit I want a UK event!

I second that but maybe in the near future I will come out for a visit to the next Con.

Birthday Girl wouldn't take her free swag! but she did get a nice Big Wow! birthday hug.

Sorry! Thought you were messing with me. My original plan was to ask for a birthday spanking, but there was sort of a line, and I think I was too busy tripping over my tongue to ask anyway. Thank you both for being so nice!

Great pic Lochtess :) They must of been a hoot!

Happy Belated! What a great bday that must of been....

They were. Seriously thought Tom was messing with me though about the free swag. I didn't get to check the boards before I left for San Jose on Friday and hadn't seen his response about it being my birthday. Was pretty shocked when he and Tim remembered.

ooh good pic. too bad about the spanking. you never know unless you ask..

Damn Tom. Next time.

Damn Tom. Next time.

He's a bad bad boy. Isn't he.