Tim Bradstreet

Film Score Archive

Right now I'm really loving Morricone's score to Autostop Rosso Sangue. It's one of his trippier pieces of work; banjos, organs and I think he even throws in a sitar on a track or two.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross scored the film The Social Network. You can get a five track preview for free if you go to nin.com. There is info on the album and the varrious versions.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross scored the film The Social Network. You can get a five track preview for free if you go to nin.com. There is info on the album and the varrious versions.

I downloaded it and it's a pretty soundtrack.

Also, since were bringing up synth scores, I really am digging the music in Universal Soldier: Regeneration.

The composer for Universal Soldier: Regeneration did an awesome job with it. Nothing beats a good synth score.

I love the stuff that John did with The Thing and also Escape from New York.

I recently downloaded the score to Trom Legacy by Daft Punk, found that really impressive.

I love all of Carpenter's scores. Its great music to write to as well. I hear he's more or less retired from scoring his films now, which sucks :(. And the score to Tron: Legacy is awesome. Its better than the film itself.

I recently loved the score to Drive. It fit the movie so well.

I love all of Carpenter's scores. Its great music to write to as well. I hear he's more or less retired from scoring his films now, which sucks :(. And the score to Tron: Legacy is awesome. Its better than the film itself.

I recently loved the score to Drive. It fit the movie so well.

Not heard Drive, who did that mate?

Came up empty this past weekend at SDCC in my 20 year search for David Newmans Firebirds score,In my opinion one of the coolest film scores of the time..But sadly really nowhere to be found..The soundtrack guy at the con never seems too have it either..I love Film Scores I travel too them create too them they just bring my mind too life..

The score I have been listening to the most recently is Clint Mansell's score for "The Fountain." Its great. I toss it on in the morning when I'm getting ready for work.

One of my favorite driving scores lately is Harold Faltermeyer's score for "Tango & Cash." Faltermeyer is the real star of that movie.

Now listening to "The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford" score by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis. The track "Song for Jesse" is great on a loop.

Speaking of loops, the song "K.I.L.L." by Xtortion Audio that is used in the "Looper" trailer is really excellent on a loop. I was disappointed that it wasn't in the film itself.

Today I've been listening to the "Planet Terror" score by Robert Rodriguez with Graeme Revell & others. Its pretty great to listen through once. Most loopable tracks are "Hospital Epidemic" and "Grindhouse (Main Title)."

Is it just me or have Scores really fallen flat in the last year,..Stuff that I thought was good upon further listening proved other wise strange..

I kind of agree with you. There seems to be a lot of the same sounding pieces going around as of late. But then again, I have not really been listening to a whole lot this year. Nothing really seemed to grab me. I have played a few games this year (older ones) that had some great scores. Clive Barker's Jericho was pretty good, same for LA Noire.

Zimmers Man Of Steel in the tid bit's here and there before the film was released sounded fantastic so I bought the expensive collectors version and was sadly disappointed..