Sign in to follow this  
Arsh

The Dark Knight

Nice post. Yeah, I really felt those vibes with Eckhart after seeing the trailer. Last year when I heard he got it I had a bit of a problem cuz to me Lieb Schiber fit the bill for Harvey Dent, especially his performance in the Manchurian Candidate remake.

I came across a leaked photo of what Two-Face is going to look like. It's pretty fucking gruesome.

I suggest you not look at it if you want to be surprised.

After watching the final Trailer a couple of times, noticed something.

Heath makes an homage to Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero in his portrayal of The Joker...

jokernbl6.jpg / jokerruq5.jpg

I caught more Nicholson in Heath than I did Romero, specially during the showdown in Downtown Chicago.

-TL

You think those were intentional or just a coincidence cause he's just the Joker in many ways? From what I had read, Ledger's inspiration for the role was from a couple Alan Moore Batman comics (Batman: The Killing Joke, and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth specifically). Malcom McDowell's Alex from A Clockwork Orange and the Sex Pistols' Sid Vicious were also heavy inspirations for his portrayal. I'm not sayin you're saying that Heath is basing his Joker off of Nicholson and Romero, I'm just throwing shit out there bub.

Raffi

I think Heath's portrayal has many elements.

The comics, poc culture icons, iconic cinematic psychopaths, etc.

What I find interesting is the idea that he was able to make all those things just sprinkles on his own take of the character. And how even with all that source material, he managed to pay respect to the 2 men that had previously brought that character to life.

He's not stepping over his predecessors, he's honoring them.

-TL

Aaron Eckart quote from the LA times -

"I can tell you that, basically, when you look at Two-Face, you should get sick to your stomach. Being the guy under all that, well, that was a lot of fun for me. It's like you would feel if you met someone whose face had pretty much been ripped off or burned off with acid. I can't talk about it beyond that because I don't want to give away too much of the plans by Chris."

From Comicbook Movie, the first look at Two-Face.

dent-tdk.jpg

- TB

Thanks to Detroit Phillips for the tip.

dent-tdk.jpg

Caption: "Does this look infected?"

I know too easy.

It looks incredibly painful!

I wanna find out whether or not the film will explain how he deals [medically] with that injury.

This movie is gonna kick ass,

-TL

Boy was I surprised to hear this:

Cillian Murphy returns as Scarecrow in THE DARK KNIGHT...

scarezf0.jpg

His role is allegedly a brief one, but will have major implications to The Joker. During his encounter with Batman, Bale is still wearing the Batman Begins suit - so it should be very early on in the film.

I'm stoked to see him lookin even more fierce than last time,

-TL

I started braggin about Mattel's Dark Knight Movie Masters line after seeing the wonderful sculpt job they did with Heath Ledger's Joker figure.

This is a more detailed look into these impressive figures based on this Summer's must see film...

Wave 1 which was released last Thursday is currently in high demand, primarily because it introduces Heath's Joker figure.

The first wave (below) of this line includes:

-The Joker

-Batman

-Goon Clown (with 5 variant masks)

-Unmasked Batman (a very hard to find chase variant of the Batman figure which isn't wearing the cowl revealing Christian Bale's mug)

mmjoker3do8.jpgmmchasevarianthy1.jpgmmwave2copybdv7.jpg

mmtwoface2kh9.jpgmmwave2chaselg7.jpgmmscarecrowbwc2.jpg

The second wave (above) out in July which focuses mainly on the first film, will include:

-Two Face

-Scarecrow (Batman Begins)

-Batman (In Batman Begins batsuit)

-Fear Toxin Batman (a creepy black-faced chase variant Batman as seen when under the hallucination caused by the fear toxin in Batman Begins)

I'm usually not this stoked about figure lines, but the sculpts are very good and these $10 figures are definitely worth the price.

*Hopefully the rumors of Wave 2 including a Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul figure are true. He's a key villain in the Nolan Batman universe.

-TL

I love the Joker, but I wasn't really excited about Two Face when they annouced it. I loved Batman Begins because you get to see the transformation of Bruce to Batman. I the original film it was just "my parents got killed, bats scared the shit out of me, now I'm Batman". You never saw how he became. Comic movies kind of suffer in a way (or maybe it's the fans that do) because the first film always has to be the origin story. Batman Begins made it exciting and new. With Two Face, I was fearing that they where just going to use a bunch of villian we've already seen, but after seeing what he's going to look like, man, I can't wait.

That's the way Two-Face should look in a film.

This is the way The Joker should look like...

heathledgerisjoker55bmg4.jpgheathledgerisjoker56bqk5.jpg

In 9 weeks, Heath Ledger will bring terror to the people of Gotham City. With a laugh.

heathledgerisjoker54bqo7.jpg

-TL

Damn, those pics are great!

Cant wait to see it either...

...but, it will be released where I live on July 25th... bummer...<_<

anyway, Heath (RIP) made a great job with The Joker as far as I can see, evil, creepy (in a great way), sadistic and smart... and no words can describe the maniac level of the laughter... B)

I've watched the trailers for thousands of times as well and just cant wait!! :D

Has anyone seen the prolouge by the way? well, I did, and made me even more impatient... ;)

A

Cant wait til this comes out... the first one was great :) (all of it appart from the start... it kinda flowed too slow)

I'd strangle someone for the chance of seeing the movie right now. I'm not even kidding.