Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Punisher Max #55

Had to do this one while in NM doing Dark Country.

I've been wanting to use the shot for a long time and finally got the opportunity.

Logo will run across the bottom and I have to thank my editors, Axel Alonso, and Daniel Ketchum for being open enough to the idea to let me run with it.

5 more covers to go, and am endeavoring to top each one until I hit 60.

Throttle is on FULL.

PunM55f.jpg

- TB

Had to do this one while in NM doing Dark Country.

I've been wanting to use the shot for a long time and finally got the opportunity.

Logo will run across the bottom and I have to thank my editors, Axel Alonso, and Daniel Ketchum for being open enough to the idea to let me run with it.

5 more covers to go, and am endeavoring to top each one until I hit 60.

Throttle is on FULL.

PunM55f.jpg

- TB

Again, great cover.

But I gotta ask again... after 60, who is writing the series?

Damn... you know, I might not even recognize it on the shelf without one of your covers.

Not sure who they are grooming to take over covers.

I think Axel mentioned a revolving door, at least for a while, like a new cover guy for every arc.

Still, I couldn't say for sure at this point. As mentioned previously, he's trying to get me on a new title. We're talking about it tomorrow.

As for writers I really couldn't tell ya. I have no idea who will try and fill Garth's shoes. I know it must have been hard for him to leave because I KNOW Marvel did not want to lose him on that title. I thought we'd roll for another year or two so Garth must've really felt like he needed a change. Would have been nice to shoot for a decade ;)

I'm still game for more so hopefully Axel will bring me back from time to time or for TPB covers and special projects.

Truthfully I was starting to get art directed a lot more. That has the tendancy to fuck with my serenity. I like being given the freedom to come up with my own spin based off reading the script and that was being taken out of my hands a lot more recently. I kind of have to have that bit of latitude since I only get fresh new shots of my model once a year or so. In a way, I'm stuck working with what I have to work with. That's easy to translate into different covers if I'm left to my own devices. But when the bosses or Garth want something VERY specific it becomes a major headache. I can't just jump on a plane 4000 miles round trip to get the reference I need. I'm sure you smoke my point.

- TB

I understand... thanks for answering, Tim. All of us really will miss your covers.

Whatever title you end up with, we all know there will at least always be one kickass thing on it, and that's your cover.

Special edition TPB covers sound cool though...

I really am wondering who will take over, I guess it hasn't been announced to anyone, weird though since 61 has already been written and the art work shown off in the MAX sampler. It's a secret, I guess...

Think Garth might come back to write more one-shots? His work on The Cell and The End was brilliant... maybe one or two more one-shots or mini-series like Born to sort of flesh out even further the background of one Frank Castle.

Great cover Tim, as always.

Man, you and Ennis leaving at the same time... There's two guys out there who's got their work cut out for them.