-=Sci=-

The official G.I. JOE movie thread!

Guest FADoss

SO,

Someone else we all know and love just wrapped on this film!!!

I can't talk about it too much due to NDA restrictions, BUT I did play an Apache Copilot. I DID have several speaking lines. It's not a NAME character and I had a blast!!!

I have cool photos that I CANNOT post yet and cool stories I CANNOT share. I value WORKING again more than bragging.

Fred

Ah...but you can share them after the movie opens????? right?

The suits they have the GI Joe team wearing look just ridiculous really, it's like X-Men where there yellow and blue spandex and I don't see why they went with that look.

Guest FADoss
The suits they have the GI Joe team wearing look just ridiculous really, it's like X-Men where there yellow and blue spandex and I don't see why they went with that look.

They look like the Batman body armor...

Fred

They do, but I'm saying they don't really need too look that way. If you were to go with how Batman actually looks in the comic, he would utterly ridiculous on screen. He still looks kinda ridiculous, but less so than seeing him in gray and blue/black spandex.

Guest FADoss

So it's okay to take liberties with Frank Castle...and be DIFFERENT, but don't change the wardrobe for GI JOE? :P

Fred

I'm just saying the uniforms look kinda bad and uninspired.

As for taking liberties with Castle, I just see it as a different take on the character, that's why it doesn't bother me as much. Would I have preferred they stick closer to the comic with it, you're goddamn right I would have, but I was able to look past the changes.

Guest AdminGuyX

I just hope the costumes work in the context of the film. I know I hated the Xmen costumes until I saw the movie, and then it was like "OK, they made them work".

But given the costumes they have in the cartoons, I'm just glad there is some uniformity among the Joe's here.

No village people lookin' Joe's is a good thing.

:)

Guest FADoss
I just hope the costumes work in the context of the film. I know I hated the Xmen costumes until I saw the movie, and then it was like "OK, they made them work".

But given the costumes they have in the cartoons, I'm just glad there is some uniformity among the Joe's here.

No village people lookin' Joe's is a good thing.

:)

I have no idea what you're talking about.

gungho_full.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX
They actually make Channing Tatum look like a BAD ASS. I am impressed.

The first thing that struck me about that poster was how much he looks like Ryan Phillippe.

Guest FADoss
The first thing that struck me about that poster was how much he looks like Ryan Phillippe.

and NOT gay...

In all fairness, the source material is THIS:

sigma6.jpg

sigma6wallpaper.jpg

sigmastrikeduke07.jpg

baroness.gif

It's GI JOE Sigma 6

Fred

See, I thought they were basing it off of the Larry Hama comic series. Unless you're talking about the costumes.

The first thing that struck me about the poster is how close it feels to the Warzone teasers shot by Tim Palen.

This isn't as dark and shadowed but it's awful close. Again, Hollywood promotion follows in the footsteps of other good ideas . . . to put it mildly.

- TB

Yeah, like how a while go most posters seemed to have a character standing with their back to camera.

Guest FADoss

News on Cobra Commander00018102.jpg

"Cobra Commander Seen as Twisted Character in 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'1 comment(s)September 05, 2008 05:16:13 GMT

The producer of 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' talks about what to expect from the villainous character in the live-action adaptation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More details from the upcoming "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" have been shared and this time it is about the meanest of the baddies, Cobra Commander. Providing more information about this character, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura told MTV News that Destro's boss will be portrayed as an intricate character saying, "As we see it, he's a very twisted character. As the backstory evolves, you discover why his personality [is like that]."

Contrasting the masked character played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt with Heath Ledger's Joker, di Bonaventura noted that unlike Joker who takes control of his background, Cobra's past will be unveiled in the movie. "I thought what was great in 'The Dark Knight' was that Heath kept telling you different stories [about his past] so you never knew what it was, and they were all spooky and crazy," he said. "[in our film] you get to see it, and you get to understand what's happened to this guy."

Furthermore, the producer also revealed that there will be some changes done to the mask used by this villain. "We'll see Cobra Commander in the Cobra mask [but] it will not be like the show," he confessed. "I found some of the [mask] aspects a little KKK for me so we tried to steer away from that image. We thought that might be a little much." And for the voice of the character, he insisted that the filmmakers will stick with Gordon-Levitt to get the menace out of the character. "

Fred

Based on the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toy franchise, "Rise of Cobra" is helmed by Stephen Sommers from the script by Stuart Beattie and Skip Woods. It stars Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Dennis Quaid, Brendan Fraser, Ray Park, Marlon Wayans, Rachel Nichols and Christopher Eccleston among others. The production took place in Downey, California and Prague's Barrandov Studios, while the movie itself is set for August 7, 2009 release.

El Mayimbe here...

Nobody is more stoked than I am for the upcoming G.I. JOE movie. Below is a picture of actor Gerald Okamura in costume as THE HARD MASTER.

The Hard Master is the ninja master/leader of the Arashikage clan who mentors both the young Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes in the ways of the ninja. Hard core Joe comic fans know that the Hard Master has something to do with the long standing rivalry between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Continue reading:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/first-loo...-joe-movie-5667

Paramount Pictures has released four new character posters for Stephen Sommer’s big screen live-action G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The posters were on display at a licensing fair in June, but Filmz.ru is the first site to have official scans. The posters feature (clockwise) Ray Park as Snake Eyes, Marlon Wayans as Ripcord, Channing Tatum as Duke, and Sienna Miller as Baroness. What is with Paramount’s marketing department and their obsession with desaturated character shots recently?

Continue reading:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/16/gi-joe...racter-posters/

Brendan Fraser confirmed that he will play a small role in Steven Sommers' upcoming G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, reuniting with his Mummy helmer.

"I was there for a morning," Fraser said in a group roundtable interview in Marina del Rey, Calif., on Friday, where he was promoting his upcoming fantasy film Inkheart. "It was a cameo."

G.I. Joe reunites Fraser and Sommers for the third time: The duo previously collaborated on the first and second Mummy films. Fraser said that he begged to be enlisted after Sommers' co-producer Bob Ducsay revealed that the film was going into production.

"Bob's a pretty poker-faced kind of guy," Fraser said. "But he's grinning, and he says, 'We just got the go on Joe—Paramount greenlit the movie.'" I'm like, 'Hey, man, that's cool—congratulations. You suck! Can I have a job, please? I will wash your car, I will walk your dog.'"

G.I. Joe is based upon the popular Hasbro action figures and animated TV series of the same name and stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Fraser confessed that he had been a fan of the franchise since his own childhood. "My G.I. Joe wound up in a tree dangling from his parachute all winter on account of I threw him out a window from the second story," Fraser confessed. "So I'm a fanboy of the Joes."

Fraser said that he would not be playing the show's resident Marine, Gung Ho, as was previously reported. "Let me get something straight," Fraser said. "I'm not Gung Ho. I don't know what you've read, but that is not the name of my character. If you look him up, with all due respect, he looks like a refugee from the Village People, and, no, I did not attire myself as such."

Fraser added: "I will tell you that they gave me a really cool motorcycle to ride. It's a sight gag. I show up, and you're supposed to go, 'Hey!'" Asked if riding a motorcycle meant he would be playing one of the Dreadnoughts—villainous mercenaries who battle the Joe team—Fraser mumbled, "I'm not talking about that."

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/brendan-frase...se-of-cobra.php

The official website for G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, the Stephen Sommers directed adaptation of the insanely popular toy line of the same name, has popped up online but the picture you see below is basically all there is. Of course, the film isn't slated to be released until August 7th so there's plenty of time for it to be peppered with all kinds of goodies. The film follows the titular elite military unit and its fight against the nefarious Cobra Commander. And there's hot babes like Rachel Nichols and Sienna Miller in ridiculously tight leather. So awesome. Click through to check out the site.

Extra Tidbit: Common was offered the role of Heavy Duty's cousin Roadblock but when he turned it down, producers decided to go with Heavy Duty instead and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was cast.

Source: http://joblo.com/gi-joe-website