-=Sci=-

The official G.I. JOE movie thread!

/FILM has learned that Ray Park (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, X-Men) has been cast as Snake Eyes in director Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe, coming to theaters on August 7, 2009. Master ninja Snake Eyes is one of the original members and a key character in "G.I. Joe."

Park joins Sienna Miller in the live-action film based on the Hasbro toys, comic book and TV series.

Paramount is targeting a mid-February start date. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers) is producing alongside Hasbro's Brian Goldner.

Source: Superhero Hype

He is joined by Sienna Miller, who will play The Baroness.

You know I'm sorry but I've never seen Ray as Snake Eyes. I mean when Snake Eyes took off his mask and we got to see his normal face he looked more like...... like Tom Jane. They really could have gotten any stunt man for the part. But Sienna Miller as The Baroness.......

The one thing I hope that's in the movie is the relationship that Snake-Eyes and Scarlett have from the G.I. Joe comic book.

Guest AdminGuyX

When did we see his face?? I had no idea they did that. Was it in the comic book or the cartoon?

A stunt man is a stunt man, like I said they could have gotten anyone. So it really doesn't matter that they got Ray. But... this really doesn't matter to me. The one thing that does of course is the Snake-Eyes&Scarlett relationship.

http://www.neoengel.com/gallery/displayima...m=49&pos=14

This is one of several times in the comic book where we see his face. Just a year or two or three we saw his face again in Master & Apprentice. The cartoon was crap.

Guest FADoss
A stunt man is a stunt man, like I said they could have gotten anyone. So it really doesn't matter that they got Ray. But... this really doesn't matter to me. The one thing that does of course is the Snake-Eyes&Scarlett relationship.

http://www.neoengel.com/gallery/displayima...m=49&pos=14

This is one of several times in the comic book where we see his face. Just a year or two or three we saw his face again in Master & Apprentice. The cartoon was crap.

Ray is not just a stunt man...

I mean he's Darth Fucking Maul. Nuff Said. :)

Thanks for the SE pic. I remember that issue.

Frederic

They dubbed over his voice for Darth Maul. All Ray had to do was look mien... and that was it. All the jumping and flipping around could have been done by anyone. But then there's that old saying, they could have done worse... so it's not that bad of a choice.

Guest FADoss

Peter Serafinowicz did the voice. Ray is a WORLD CHAMPION Wu Shu artist. I also don't remember Snake Eyes ever talking much so it's not a big issue. Ray has a pretty thick Scottish accent. He's a super cool guy and I think he'll do a bang up job.

Frederic

Guest AdminGuyX

Not every stunt man can do what Ray does, and I don't mean his martial arts. I mean his presence. He brought menace to the role of darth maul that the voice had little to do with. And even his work as Toad, though limited, showed that he can be captivating on screen. He draws your eye because he has a firm understanding of movement.

I understand that you think anyone could play snake eyes, I tend to agree that anybody could do it, but not everyone could have played Darth Maul quite the way he did.

NOW, lets talk about Snake Eyes looking like a blonde Charlton Heston, shall we? WHAT THE FUCK?

You guys don't understand, I had no idea they'd unmasked him, and frankly wish they hadn't. I feel like I'm seeing Kiss with their make-up off for the first time.

Guest FADoss

Also look at his work on "Legend of Sleepy Hollow", but let's just pretend "Ecks Vs. Sever" never happened. :)

Sorry you feel that way about Ray James. He's a true BMF and I don't think that just anyone can do the level of work he does...or maintain his level of athleticism. I mean he was what made the new trilogy.

Frederic

It looks more like your saying Ray is better than others. Meaning other stunt people are nothing to the very few movies Ray has done. In Sleepy Hallow he didn't speak and was replaced by Christopher Walken when he got his head back.

I see nothing wrong with unmasking Snake-Eyes in the comic book, they had to do that at one point. He can't remain behind that mask forever.

Guest FADoss

He...IS...better. The guy is a WORLD CHAMP in WU SHU...the most athletic martial art on the planet. He "might" be better than Jet Li.

Guest AdminGuyX
Meaning other stunt people are nothing to the very few movies Ray has done.

I'm not sure what that means, but it's not what I meant. Stunt people are from from "nothing".

All I'm saying is that Ray has a talent that not everyone has, and that's expreession through physicality. Not everyone who has very little dialogue could still make such a huge impact on screen and be so memorable. Ray has shown he can be.

I don't care if he's made 1 film, or 100.

Guest FADoss

It's part of the new Sigma Six line of action figures...I spend a lot of time in the toy section.

Not sure of the significance, but it is related to the toys.

And as I told Thomas on myspace, Part of me loves these pics...and part of me worries that we'll see another "Street Fighter". Really no need to Batman out Snake Eyes. I was hoping more for something in the vein of the early parts of Batman Begins...

Fred

It's part of the new Sigma Six line of action figures...I spend a lot of time in the toy section.

Not sure of the significance, but it is related to the toys.

Fred

I can just imagine what kind of toys your little girl plays with. :lol: Future ninja warrior princess??

I caught wind of a story over the last week while I was up in the City of Angels that mentioned Ray having accidentally cut Dennis Quaid during a fight scene (could have been rehearsal). It was an accident but Quaid was none too happy. Not sure if this has been reported on the internet yet. I don't believe it's just a rumor.

I also heard Quaid was cut across the face.

I guess we'll find out for sure sooner or later.

- TB

Any significance to the red hexagram on his right arm, beyond water and fire?

It's the ninja clan sigil (symbol) of the Arashikage.

Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Kamakura and Jinx, are all former members of the clan.

"Members of the Arashikage clan wore a tattoo on their right forearm, representing the 63rd hexagram of the I Ching.

Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow were first depicted to have the tattoo in their first battle at the Silent Castle."

- TB

Learn more useful and useless facts about GI Joe here ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:JoeWiki.PNG

Guest FADoss

When did Dennis Quaid sign on as General Hawk. I quit following the casting when the CD called me while I was at the Houston airport to set up a reading...only to find out that since I wasn't in LA, I wouldn't be considered because they were only filling dayplayers...

Looks like I'll have to wait for the sequel. On another note, why the hell would Snake Eyes and Hawk be in a fight...interesting.

Kwiat, my daughter has all sorts of pretty dishes and princess dresses...as well as a pirate treasure chest, a series of foam swords, a drawer full of Star Wars guys (just finished reading her the original Ep 4 picture book this evening for bedtime), a train set. She's the perfect mix of beauty and grace and a deadly killer. :) I'm so proud of my five-year-old.

Fletch, I'm digging it too...as long as we don't delve into Power Ranger Snake Eyes...

Fred

I caught wind of a story over the last week while I was up in the City of Angels that mentioned Ray having accidentally cut Dennis Quaid during a fight scene (could have been rehearsal). It was an accident but Quaid was none too happy. Not sure if this has been reported on the internet yet. I don't believe it's just a rumor.

I also heard Quaid was cut across the face.

I guess we'll find out for sure sooner or later.

- TB

My bad, not Ray Park that cut Quaid, it was Byung-hun Lee, the dude playing Storm Shadow that cut Quaid's lip with a katana while on set.

Not sure how accurate this is since I heard it through a third party, though the third party in question is normally well informed.

- TB

Guest FADoss

That makes more sense! Much more cause for Storm Shadow to be whooping Hawk's ass. Maybe Ray will kick his ass to make up for the lip. :D

NEW CAST PHOTO:

RACHEL NICHOLS IS MASTER SERGEANT SHANA "SCARLETT" O'HARA

rachelnicholsgijoe6brm8.jpg

This is one amazingly attractive (HOT) woman.

*This thread needs a subtitle as the "Default G.I. JOE movie thread".

-TL